Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 03-09-2005, 03:39 PM   #31
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by mv
The 612 to get an optional handling pack

Specs as follows :

Brembo composite-brakes "Carbo-Ceramica": front 380*36mm, rear 360*34mm
Sport setup
Improved F1 gearshift
19" modular and spotted rims
sport exhaust
Thanks mv!

I was expecting this tough... They're trying to attract youger buyers or just people who want a more sporty GT. Looks like the sales of the 612 aren't going as Ferrari expected... They sold well on the first months, but now...
Old 03-09-2005, 03:43 PM   #32
mv
Regular User

True, however, I reckon the younger customers demanding a more sporty GT will wait for the maranello successor.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #33
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by mv
True, however, I reckon the younger customers demanding a more sporty GT will wait for the maranello successor.
Yeah, I should have said youger custumers who need the 2 additional seats.
But there aren't many, I figure...
Old 03-14-2005, 09:02 AM   #34
mv
Regular User

Have found a pic :

Old 10-20-2005, 05:24 AM   #35
redbaron
Regular User

Ferrari is developing a four wheel traction system. It will beno permanent four wheel traction, but a system which only operates the front wheels if that is really necessary. Ferrari is the first comapny that requested patents for such a four wheel traction system. It can be only used for cars with the engine mounted in the front and rear-wheel drive. The 4WD of Ferrari is no permanent system. The front wheels are only operated if they lose their grip. The period of use of the 4WD last maximum twenty up to thirty seconden, because when used longer the system will overheat. According to speculation, the 612 Scaglietti will be the first Ferrari which is equipped with this technique. Also the 600, that replaces 575M the Maranello over short time, could also yuse this type of extra traction. Moreover it is well conceivable that the Maserati Quattroporte and the continuator of the coupé and Spyder in the long run become deliverable with this 4WD.

source :arrow: www.autoweek.nl
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #36
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Hey Jus Wondering Did Any1 hear Bout Ferrari's New Baby Dubbed 'Project California' And Wen Typed In Google Theres An Article About It Costing 80K Ang being The Aston Fighter With A 4.2 Liter V8 And 400BHP Post BAck If Theres Any News Coz I Seen An Artists Impression And It Looks Like A Good Car.

Heres The Article
http://www.autocar.co.uk/news_article.asp?na_id=214573
Old 03-23-2006, 05:55 PM   #37
vexor
Regular User

Ferrari planning spiritual revival of P4?

Ferrari is reportedly planning to build a new car based on the Enzo that hearkens back to the P4 racer of the 1960s (shown right). The car will be revealed on August 20th at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in California, according to AutoExpress. It was designed by Pininfarina, and is more than just a concept, according to a source at the design firm. The car will be called the 612 P4/5, and will feature the same engine as the Enzo, as well as the same chassis, wrapped in carbon bodywork and a full roll cage. The nose is shorter and more aggressive than that of the Enzo. The windscreen, roof and rear of the cabin are all transparent, creating panoramic visibility.
- LeftLaneNews

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #38
Bernardo
Regular User

Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
Hey Jus Wondering Did Any1 hear Bout Ferrari's New Baby Dubbed 'Project California' And Wen Typed In Google Theres An Article About It Costing 80K Ang being The Aston Fighter With A 4.2 Liter V8 And 400BHP Post BAck If Theres Any News Coz I Seen An Artists Impression And It Looks Like A Good Car.

Heres The Article
http://www.autocar.co.uk/news_article.asp?na_id=214573
wow dude this car just kicks ass, though i doubt ferrari will build it.
Bernardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:28 PM   #39
fsandys
Regular User

Yeh, the subject of a baby Ferrari has been brought up numerous times, a Ferrari boss very recently confirmed Ferrari would not be going down these lines.

Good news I feel
Old 07-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #40
Bernardo
Regular User

indeed that i think ferrari shouldnt make cheap cars (compared to the actual price tags)but that car just looks better than any actual ferrari IMHO, it actualy should replace the f430 which will be pretty soon as i heared '08(not sure though)with a better engine of course. :roll:
Bernardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #41
blue8
Regular User

from Winding Road:
Weird Week At Ferrari: Voted No.1 Great Place To Work In Europe, Then Workers Strike For A Day

Italy and Italians are universally regarded as a… challenging bunch in some senses. One of these is their love of national and local strikes.

But imagine if your company was awarded the prestigious recognition of “No.1 Great Place to Work in Europe” out of the top 100 on May 3rd, and then the same workers who helped earn you the award walk out on May 4th with a long list of protests. Welcome to a day in the life of Italian industry.

The Great Place to Work Institute in Europe evaluates such items as investment in the workplace atmosphere and facilities, concern for worker benefits and training for advancement, and supplier relations. Over one thousand companies take part in this annual affair.

So, no sooner has Ferrari nabbed this than union members of the RSU (Rappresentanza Sindacale Unitaria - i.e. Unified Labor Delegation more or less) schedule a walk out to address several eternal disgruntlings, among them pay discrimination, overemployment of non-contractual and non-union workers, too much overtime, workplace safety, lack of adequate employee parking, and suffering product quality due to company priorities straying from such core values (OUCH!).

Regarding that last point, do you agree? Remember, it’s not design or horsepower in question here, but overall product quality. Write us a comment whether you own one, have owned one, or just been driven in one.

from Motor Authority:
Want to buy a Ferrari? Join the queue

The Ferrari brand is synonymous with desirability and exclusiveness, a combination that leaves buyers often waiting up to 24 months just to take delivery of one. Remember, people who can afford to spend a couple hundred thousand dollars on a car aren’t used to waiting more than five minutes for a coffee let alone two years for a car, supercar or not. Maranello is well aware of the problem. We’ve already reported that Ferrari is planning to lift production to meet rising demand from emerging markets such as China, Russia and the Middle East, and now the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) is reporting that US customers may have to wait even longer because of rising sales in China.

Until a few years ago, the standard wait for a Ferrari was around 12 months, which was enough time to build anticipation but not long enough to make customers switch brands. This was when Ferrari was only building around 4,000 cars per year and was serving only three major markets, North America, Italy and Germany. At the same time, Ferrari Chairman Luca Cordero di Montezemolo claimed his company would never build more than 5,000 cars a year.

Fast forward to today, and surging demand from Asia, the Middle East and Russia has seen Ferrari’s output rise to 5,700 cars in 2006 with an estimated 6,000 vehicles for this year. Even with the extra production, waiting times in Hong Kong, the United States, Australia and England have past the 24 month mark. New York Ferrari dealer Michael Mastrangelo who spoke with reporters from the WSJ paints a gloomy picture. The average waiting time for his customers is three years. By the time they’re handed the keys, Ferrari would have released an updated model. Another problem dealers face is having to help repeat customers first. “It’s very hard to come into a dealership right now and put in a new order if you are not already a customer,” Mastrangelo says. “When I get a young person, what I say is, let’s start with a used car.”

Ferrari is also concerned about some customers reselling their cars in mint condition at highly inflated prices. According to the WSJ, of the 20 Ferrari F430s in the UAE, only three were sold officially through local dealerships. To help solve this problem Ferrari now asks customers to sign a statement promising to offer their cars to dealers first when selling but this is only an option.

All this brings us to the issue of Ferrari adding a new entry-level Dino. If Ferrari isn’t even meeting demand for its high-end models why would it introduce a cheaper, higher volume model, which would only dilute the brand? A better option would be to sell less, higher profit cars so that revenues can increase while exclusivity remains.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote