Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-23-2006, 09:06 AM   #31
TopGearNL
Regular User

/\/\ saw that, and am stunned together with the TG review of it and that bit of it in JC's Heaven and Hell vid, very cool car. And oh yeah Bono from U2 has one 8)

I like the Audi S8, but a guy I know from work works at an Audi dealer and says the costs for maintenance and so one are through the roof :shock:
Old 07-23-2006, 09:26 AM   #32
nickthaskater

Quattroporte has 10x the soul any Audi could hope to have. A saloon with a Ferrari V8 singing underhood, born and raised in Italy, it doesn't get better than that.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:13 AM   #33
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
Quattroporte has 10x the soul any Audi could hope to have. A saloon with a Ferrari V8 singing underhood, born and raised in Italy, it doesn't get better than that.
I think it does - a German powerhouse, fitted with a Lamborghini V10. The Ferrari just got beat.

Notch up another vote for the S8 - sexiest looking sedan since the original!
Old 07-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #34
nickthaskater

Pssh, a pillaged Italian engine in a German car, blasphemy.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #35
ldin
Regular User

i believe if you get a s8 you have service for life.
ldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:01 PM   #36
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by ldin
Guy from Audi doesn't say so, and he really knows what he talking about...
Old 07-23-2006, 01:08 PM   #37
Dubai
Regular User

AAaaaah!

Now Stop it... Enough is ENouGH!

lol
Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:09 PM   #38
Skaala
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
Originally Posted by ldin
Guy from Audi doesn't say so, and he really knows what he talking about...
Except for one dealer, I have oinly had great experiences with Audi dealers. When you say you have an A8, they move you next in the cue,always. When lightbulbs go out, the replace them free of charge with a smile. You also have Audi 24hr service if anything happens. They will come and help you whereever you are, and if needed, tow the car to the nearest Audi dealer. (not that that has ever been needed.)

I would however reccomend you Dubai to buy VAGCOM. Then you can hook up your laptop and erase electrical errors yourself.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:18 PM   #39
TopGearNL
Regular User

In the Autoweek Dealer Test Audi never scores that high, thats only in Holland mind, if you say that what you've experienced Skaala I believe you, but believe me when I say its different in holland, want money for everything most of them :fuck:
Old 07-23-2006, 01:18 PM   #40
Wutputt
Regular User

If you want a big comfy popular luxurious saloon with the latest in electronic gismos, dressed in a more 'in your face' body kit, and with a deep V12 grumble exiting from the exhausts, go for the S 65 AMG.

If you want an exotic 4-door saloon with an Italian flavour, Ferrari heart, you don't see driving on the streets everyday, go for the Quattroporte.

If you want a big elegant luxurious saloon with a decent package of electronic gismos, the heart of a wolf, but dressed in the clothing of a sheep go for the S8.

It's a rather personal choice, something we can't decide for you
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:22 PM   #41
Skaala
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
In the Autoweek Dealer Test Audi never scores that high, thats only in Holland mind, if you say that what you've experienced Skaala I believe you, but believe me when I say its different in holland, want money for everything most of them :fuck:
There will always be some who doesn't give good service. As I said, there is one dealer in my area that's crap. But then I just use the other.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:02 PM   #42
Dubai
Regular User

VAGCOM .. can you refer me to site's! I want to learn more about this.. Sounds vCool..

I want to show off in front of EVo .. (bro_) 0X 8)
Old 07-23-2006, 03:06 PM   #43
ldin
Regular User

rosstech.com i believe. i did my own vag com with a cheap cable from ebay and the older software version. removed seat belt chime, fog lights are on when high beams are on, and the remote open/close windows. well worth the 20bucks spent.
ldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:53 AM   #44
Skaala
Regular User

from RS6.com

New Audi S8 for Keke Rosberg

450 hp for former Formula 1 Champion
Prof Dr Martin Winterkorn hands over one of the first S8 cars
First business trip to Nuremberg’s Norisring

Former Formula 1 Champion Keke Rosberg used the opportunity of the Norisring race to pick up his new car in Ingolstadt. Prof Dr Martin Winterkorn, Chairman of the Board of Management of AUDI AG, handed over one the first new Audi S8 cars to the prominent Finn at the Audi Piazza on Friday.

The father of the German Formula 1 shooting star Nico Rosberg and founder of Audi Sport Team Rosberg has been an Audi customer for quite some time. Now he added to his A8 W12 a "brilliant black” S8 with a black leather package that sets a new benchmark in the sporty luxury car class: 450 hp are delivered by the 5.2-litre V10 FSI engine.

In addition to the S8’s ample standard equipment, including 20-inch cast aluminium wheels sporting the S-design and adaptive air suspension, the 1982 Formula 1 Champion opted for the Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System as well as ceramic brakes for which Prof Dr Winterkorn provided Rosberg with expert explanations.

"At Audi ‘S’ stands for sport, and this can be taken quite literally,” said Rosberg after his first business trip in his new "toy” which took him from Ingolstadt to the Norisring. "The S8 combines sportiness and comfort in an extremely impressive way.”
http://www.audi-motorsport.info/_img...bacea0c3f2bd46
Old 07-24-2006, 07:29 AM   #45
Dubai
Regular User

skaala, link doesn't work.........