Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-22-2006, 06:11 AM   #16
Skaala
Regular User

Default Re: New Audi S8, Should I?

Originally Posted by Dubai
JW.... You guys know more than me when it comes to cars, I check the review and your comments, my Atom and Gallardo desissions were based on JW. So i hope you will have your input here.comments will help.

I'm currently shopping for a car, and with some research and web browsing, I've tested the following cars.

BMW M5 - Not Tested> I like the power, but not the prestige! I'm going to have a baby soon. They say that it is so power, up shift will snap your neck!. So NO NO!

BMW-740iL (I think) > It is new, but with an old flavor! It is like your grandfather, you can not hate him, but you like to be around him. Makes you feel good!
The bad news, it will change soon, and with that kind of money, soon it will lose it's value.

Merc S500L> Car of the year, every one is talking about it. All of the cars that I drove were with me for at least 24hrs. With the S. only 3hr's, I knew all about it. Enough said!

Maserati - Quattroporte GT - Not tested>This was a dream car for me couple of years ago, I never though of it as an option, with the business going good. I can have a four door Ferrari in my garage. But I was SHOCKED with the interior finishing!! Too much leather, and what's up with the parking sensors! they are cantilevering from the bumpers. I was disappointed, I wish I never saw the car up close.

Audi - A8L- 4.2l> It was one of the most architectural cars, it looks much better with the new face lift, and with these huge wheels, it is blingy some how. Now, as soon I drove it, I felt home. Everything was perfectly fit. With my new business life, the phone car was working for the first time. I got the SL, and S class, both will dry your mouth... you have to shout!

So, I came to a conclusion, I want a bit of A8 + M5 + S500 AMG looks. And it came to my attention, S8. Should I get it?
I can only tell you that the A8 4.2 is one of the best cars in the world, and I have driven mine 80k km in the past one and a half years.. I myself have been looking at the S8, but the price in Norway at the moment doesn't justify it. I currently costs about 100k euros in Germany, and in norway 240k euros. In a couple of years when the prices drop, I'll get one.

GET THE S8!!! with carbon ceramic brakes and Bang & Olufsen stero system!

try it now: http://content2.mojoflix.com/0/2800/...ol-Audi-Ad.wmv
Old 07-22-2006, 08:27 AM   #17
Dubai
Regular User

Skaala> Of course, ceramic breaks and B&O.... check out 5thgear review, the last one. they said the best sound sys in car is B&O, and Man! What a design... I will be like a kid, playing with those up/down tweeters.. hehehe!

I got a quotation for standard S8

* Adaptive air suspension (Sport)
* Audi parking system plus .... ????? What is this? Anyone knows..
* Adaptive light with LED-light
* Navigation sys with DVD
* CD changer
* Bang & Olufsen Sound sys
* One-touch memory
* Sun roll-up, electric in the rear
* Light package
* Lumber support Front/Rear
* Sport seats with memory
* Heated seats Front/Rear
* Leather Valcona, in Bi-Color Optic
* Alcantara Package
* Leather variant +
* Extra Aluminum-Optic
* Laminated windshield
* Metallic paint
* Voice control
* Blue tooth car phone in front armrest
* 4-zone climate control
* Folding exterior mirrors with memory
* Multi-function steering wheel, 3 spoke with shit paddles
* Centre armrest, front
* Load-through provision
* Luggage compartment package
* Child seat system ISOFIX
* Passenger airbag deactivation
* Wheel lock bolts
* Solar sunroof, electric
* Double spoke design 20"-S-Design
* Servo Doors

In Addition, I've added /changed the following options
+ Big Ceramic Breaks
/ Normal car phone (I hate it bluetooth)

it came 462,000 UAE Dirhams, which is 99,032.43EUR.. Humm. which is the same in Germany! I though we don't have VAT!

Anyway, why do you have to pay another 140K ???? Get one here, and I will take care of it.. lol
Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:35 AM   #18
Skaala
Regular User

^^That's a good deal Dubai, and I would imagine you would be extremely satisfied. I saw the 5th gear episode, and if Jon thinks it's much better than the standard BOSE Surround (which I have, and it is GOOD) it must be fantastic.

The Audi parking system includes parkinng sensors front and back, and an brilliant reverse camera with guidelines in the pavement on the screen. I tested this on the Q7 and it was a bit unnatural, but when you force yourself to trust it, it'sw brilliant!
The reason for the high price in Norway are insane taxes. The A8 cost me €50k in Germany, and I had to pay almost €95k in taxes to import it. The governent is a real non-car loving bunch of bastards. An example: Beacuse it's unnormal to measure displacement on wankel engines, they've added a €12000 extra tax on new cars with wankel engines. (they would otherwise loose displacement tax because the wankel has a high hp/dispacement ratio)

the €100k is the base price in Germany I think. Hardly any extras, and about €8-9k for the brakes I think and €5k for the B&O.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:41 AM   #19
Dubai
Regular User

Man! I'm sorry to hear that... that's around 200% Tax..... shiiiiiiiiiiiiih

Wow! That parking thing is amazing, I tried it on the S500, it also had the parking camera, + parallel help guide lines... coooool

I can not open >> http://content2.mojoflix.com/0/2800/...ol-Audi-Ad.wmv

do you see it in youtube.com
Old 07-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #20
ldin
Regular User

read mah sig!
ldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #21
nickthaskater

Quattroporte Sport GT is just what the doctor ordered.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #22
Dubai
Regular User

This, is why I drive a Audi. The cars and the culture appeal to my sensibilities and it feels good to own these cars. Audis are teutonic but not strident, stylish but not ostentatious. You know you're hooked when you glance back at your car after walking away, to admire its timeless and unpretentious elegance, and to relish the great drive you just had in it...and dont you just wish,WISH you could say that....

^^^^^^^

Man, that is something.. i got two days to think...
Old 07-22-2006, 02:56 PM   #23
ldin
Regular User

hey man, its up to you..but me personally...i will never drive anything else but audi. dont forget, YOU will be driving the car, not me, him, or her. YOU!. trust me...

p.s: its better to lead than follow.
ldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:25 PM   #24
martin100
Regular User

You should definitely go for the S8, as everything i heard about it was great. The engine is fantastic according to many car mag and tv show reviews, and the reliability/quality of Audi cars doesn´t need to be mentioned here. If you want the best quality this price class has to offer go for the Audi
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:04 PM   #25
Apac102
Regular User

I remember when fifth gear did a test on the QP, they really enjoyed the styling of the car, (and who wouldn't that thing is beautiful), but they complained immensly about the shifting. Very jerky is what they said. You should test drive the QP before you make any decisions....honestly, test driving a car before any buy is a given.

BUT! (becasue there always is) how can you go wrong with an Audi? lol. especially and S8. Have you seen the new pics of the S8? it has a simple gorgeous design that still says "Don't fuck with me" as well as "saddle up the family, were going on a road trip" appeal.

The price rang between the QP and the S8 is quite a bit too, so that might help you judge your opinion as well. Just think of the mods you could get if you got the S8 instead of the QP. How about a Carbon Fiber hood! Or bigger downpipes! Or a great babysit.

But yeah....its not my call.

Why not the M5 again? :cry:
Apac102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:06 PM   #26
nickthaskater

Yea the standard Quattroporte suffered with shifting problems, but the Sport GT has completely fixed that.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:10 PM   #27
Apac102
Regular User

But can you trust there fix? Who knows if the problem will come again!

I mean, audi never had problem with their shifting.

(im just shitting ya nickthaskater)
Apac102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:39 AM   #28
Evo
Regular User

I am amazed that Brembo is not all over this post.. Where is that guy anyway have not seen him post in a while.

Get S8... Sounds better outside and inside...
Now.. Can I take it for a drive when you get it.. :roll:
Old 07-23-2006, 07:31 AM   #29
Dubai
Regular User

Guys... here is the Update:

Latest votes:

S63 AMG - 1
QT GT - 4
AUDI S8 - 11

.................................................. ..................................

That's good news, I feel S8 is the best choice, For weekends, I drive the Gallardo, and I really hate it's E-Gear. It's STUPID

As much as I love the QT GT; it's elegence, rare, & looks very rich. I can not live with it for 3/4yrs.
It's enough that I ride my E-Bitch (Gallardo) from time to time..

And, with the same V10 5.2, (But less POWER), I will really appreciate the new tip-tronic gear in the Audi.

Wow! S8

I will update you guys later.. thanks to all for your help.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:38 AM   #30
ARMAN
Regular User

Quattroporte have fixed gearbox, see latest Tiff's review he was very happy with it 8) But I think you have decided already

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote