Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-25-2005, 08:28 AM   #16
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Darkel
Originally Posted by dingo
Its an essential piece of equipment to have to get the best possible pics, makes a huge difference in certain situations.
God bless Hoya filters

Great trip, how did this happen ? I mean, how did you manage to be the official photographer of this event ? (and get your plane ticket paid - yes, one of those new flying things that can fly all around the world as you told me a few days ago )
The idea was 'born' on F-Chat, and then we moved to a private forum to discuss the details of the trip. It is not an 'official' event, just a bunch of owners agreeing to meet in a certain place.

So I am tagging along to be the photographer as some of the owners had seen my pics and had no problem having me come along and take pics of the trip.

They are not however paying for my plane ticket (not that I would expect them too) or accommodation, that will all be out of my own pocket. The owners are already spending big money trucking the cars out there and on fuel costs, so I am more than willing to pay my own way (since this is a once in a lifetime experience).
Old 07-25-2005, 08:32 AM   #17
saadie
Regular User

hmm ..the plan sounds really cool ....
and btw .... its addictive ... this is just the beginning 8)
Old 07-25-2005, 08:52 AM   #18
dingo
Regular User

I just found this picture of the Stuart Hwy, with the 'no limit' signs visible.

and one of Ayers Rock, a nice bunch of exotics in front of this should make for a good photo

Old 07-25-2005, 09:18 AM   #19
666fast
Regular User

I demand a picture taken from the top of Ayers Rock of all the cars grouped together at the bottom!

Sounds like a blast! I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun as well!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:07 AM   #20
detsan
Regular User

Sounds like a great event to be involved in; hope that things run smoothly and safely.
If you want to take photos near Uluru then it is highly likely that you will need a permit as your activities may be considered commercial.
It is considered disrespectful to the traditional owners to climb Uluru and costs $25 to get into the park.
It is about 450km from the alice, but thats not far at 300Km/h !
There will be lots of tourists around at this time of the year as it is much cooler than the summertime.
Motor have some of the best auto photographers in Australia (Cristian Brunelli and Thomas Wielecki) so be sure to have a chat if you get a chance!
Have fun mate and I look forward to the photos! 8)
Old 07-25-2005, 10:26 AM   #21
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by detsan
Sounds like a great event to be involved in; hope that things run smoothly and safely.
If you want to take photos near Uluru then it is highly likely that you will need a permit as your activities may be considered commercial.
It is considered disrespectful to the traditional owners to climb Uluru and costs $25 to get into the park.
It is about 450km from the alice, but thats not far at 300Km/h !
There will be lots of tourists around at this time of the year as it is much cooler than the summertime.
Motor have some of the best auto photographers in Australia (Cristian Brunelli and Thomas Wielecki) so be sure to have a chat if you get a chance!
Have fun mate and I look forward to the photos! 8)
Thanks for the info.

I will see what happens about taking photos near Uluru, if need be I'll get a damn permit - as I definately need some pics there.

I don't think we'll average 300kmh for the trip to Uluru, but I would imagine we can dispatch those 450kmh in just over 2 hrs....

The photos in MOTOR always impress me, so I'll definatley have a chat with whoever turns up.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:46 PM   #22
Wutputt
Regular User

Fucking awesome to hear about this, Dingo! You sure will have a great time!! I'm already looking forward to the pics. Did I hear some morning/night shots? I love those ones. Some cars, the sun getting down (or coming up) and some beautiful landscape. The pics will be superb without a doubt. I can already be sure of that right now!

I guess it will be very hot in the Outback. But your drool will cool the cars down so they will be fine at all time. Enjoy it with every nerve in your body. This is just awesome and I'm very jealous
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:07 PM   #23
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Wutputt
....Did I hear some morning/night shots? I love those ones. Some cars, the sun getting down (or coming up) and some beautiful landscape. ....
You heard right, I am practising taking photos with the tripod this week in preparation for the trip.

I guess it will be very hot in the Outback. But your drool will cool the cars down so they will be fine at all time.
Haha, no actually it is fairly cool out there at the moment - about 20-25 C. Thats a good thing also for the photos, not too much sun glare to worry about.

.....I'm very jealous
LOL.....so was I about your trip to the NS.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:18 PM   #24
sikx5
Regular User

Holy jesus dude!!!! Thats one crazy event, and your lucky enough to be sitting in the passenger seat mate!!

do you know if any cars from QLD are going?

I would love to photograph the event also. I gotta start going to the ferrari meets here in brisbane, but they are so secluded, i dont have a clue where to begin looking, any pointers?

Have fun dude, i know you will make the best of it, and take some of the best shots for us to experience!!

Old 07-26-2005, 02:31 AM   #25
Robbo
Regular User

Originally Posted by sikx5
Holy jesus dude!!!! Thats one crazy event, and your lucky enough to be sitting in the passenger seat mate!!

I would love to photograph the event also. I gotta start going to the ferrari meets here in brisbane, but they are so secluded, i dont have a clue where to begin looking, any pointers?

Have fun dude, i know you will make the best of it, and take some of the best shots for us to experience!!

The cars from QLD going are a 360 spider, 360 CS and Porsche GT2 I think.

Have fun dingo, like I need to tell you too
Robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:51 AM   #26
dingo
Regular User

Yep as Robbo said one guy from QLD will be bringing both his GT2 and CS - the GT3 will stay at home. Then another guy is trucking his 360 Spider in that same truck.

I have no idea who the contact in QLD is to tell you the truth, I only know the president of the WA Ferrari club.

I know the guy with the CS, GT2 and GT3 often goes to the tracks up there on weekends with either the Ferrari or Porsche club. If I remember I'll ask him when we meet how you could get info.......
Old 07-26-2005, 05:18 AM   #27
Robbo
Regular User

, i dont have a clue where to begin looking, any pointers?
Try here http://www.fca.org.au/ and go to Club Contacts and go to the Queensland division and you can send the president an email. I don't know whether that helps or not?

Cheers
Robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:23 AM   #28
dingo
Regular User

Just some of the latest news....

It now seems the E55 AMG will not be coming, as we haven't heard from the owner for a few days.....never a good sign. Also, the guy with the Boxster is struggling to find transport for the car to get there....

However the main players are still coming, and I'm not so worried about an E55 or Boxster.

Also, within a day or two we should get confirmation either way from MOTOR magazine - the plan is they will drive one car (not sure what) up there from Adelaide.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:13 AM   #29
dingo
Regular User

I'm just hopeful all of them are willing to get up early to get this picture.....or bring the cars out at night. If they are then of course a picture like that will be attempted.

You'll have to dig up the topic to find the (750) pics as it will be old news by the time you get back from China.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:40 PM   #30
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
And my request is a combo shot of the most intereseting cars (let's say the Murci, the Maranello, the GT2 and the 360 CS) early in the morning (morning or sunset... I don't mind)... Somethign like this:

Have fun dude! Can't wait for the 750 pics!!!
^ yes ! , that's the kind of pics what we want to see

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote