Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-29-2004, 01:55 AM   #1
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Default What is up with the trucker hats?

Damn people. What is up with everyone wearing trucker hats these days? I've been wearing truckers hats since I was 6. But now I cant even put one on because every wanker and wankeras has one.

What is up with everybody looking the same? The ginos look like they came out of the same factory, same for the thugs, same for the rockers, scaters...........

Its so damn hard to stay original these days Dont know what to put on each day not to look like every other guy on the street. I cant beleive their actually was a day when I did not have to think of what to put on. But these days you got to watch your self or else you'll fall into some category which is one thing I dont want. Because all of the categorized and friggin posers.

I really dont care what I wear unless I want to get laid. But you cant not care these days...
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:03 AM   #2
Toronto
Regular User

it all started i think with Johnny Knoxville, then von Dutch came out with that style had and all the girls gotta have em
i hate them
Old 07-29-2004, 02:10 AM   #3
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Girls? Man, guys wear them too! Its unbloody belivable. Put on something new get played on TV and everybody jumps the bangwagon.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:14 AM   #4
crazidude
Regular User

I thougth Ashton Kutcher or JT, brought the trucker hat back. Dunno why its so popular thought.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:47 AM   #5
666fast
Regular User

The really sad thing about it, is that those designer trucker hats (Von Dutch) are like $80. If I spend $80 on a hat it better be able to tounge juggle my balls as well.

I really dont care what I wear unless I want to get laid. But you cant not care these days...
I put on whatever the hell I want. I want to be comfortable. I don't care how stylish something may be, if I'm uncomfortable, I'm not gonna wear it.

Don't get your style from MTV kids, you'll just end up looking like every other tool in the world.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:53 AM   #6
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Its a difficult subject 666fast I put on whatever the hell I want aswel, but I still have to watch my self not to fall into some category of tools.

Lately I've been wearing plain white T-shirts with jeans or track pants. So far I dont see anyone with teh same outfit on the radar so thats good.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:03 AM   #7
SilviaEvo
Regular User

i got a flexfit hat then everyone had those then i got those bigass baseball caps but ppl want to copy fiftycent and got those then i got a trucker hat but everyone wears it and tries to copy big shot rockers so all those hats are laying somewhere in my house. those bastards and bitches! i have left hats and gone toward the spiked hair look.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:27 AM   #8
blah
Regular User

my friend bought one, i dont understand the purpose, i just stick with my University of Maryland hat.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:10 AM   #9
BADMIHAI
Regular User

They're stupid accessories, and every suburban preppy kid wears them. I hate them so fucking much. Kids here are so stupid.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:42 AM   #10
nthfinity
Regular User

i suppose i never really cared if what i wear places me in one catagory one day, and another the next :roll:

besides, i like to wear my Ferrari hat (ive only seen two others not at the GP wearing them besides myself)

what i say is this

wear your damn trucker hat, and be happy..... and if your not, beat the crap outta somebody who you think shouldnt be wearing it. eventually, people will be scared to wear the trucker hats
Old 07-29-2004, 12:24 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Then make you one out of gargage..

http://www.blacktable.com/gillin030701.htm

ANd check the "official trucker hat" timeline..

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000015.html
July 21, 2003
Trucker Hat Timeline
Follow along with the rise and fall of the "Ironic Trucker Hat" trend:

March 2002 - American Truckers wear mesh trucker hats.

May 2002 - Officially cool trendy hipsters wear mesh trucker hats.

Dec 2002 - Mesh trucker hats: Officially Cool.

April 2003 - Ashton Kutcher wears mesh trucker hat.

May 2003 - Official cool trendy hipsters abandon mesh trucker hats.

June 2003 - America's Hometown Paper confirms mesh trucker hats: Officially uncool.

June 2003 - American Truckers continue to wear mesh trucker hats: Officially No One Cares

July 2003 - I make "Trucker Hat Timeline": Officially uncool.

July 2003 - Thinking I'm cool by saying I'm not cool: Officially... uncool. (Damn.)

Holy shite.. people actually pay 25 pounds for a "designer" truckers cap? I guess I missed this one - they are $3.00 at the gas station/truck stop..

http://www.asos.com/product.asp?sku=AACMC1000
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:01 PM   #12
SandyDingos
Regular User

The trucker hat revolution came with skateboarders about 2-3 years back, then some bigger clebs started wearing them. Of course after that its mainstream and everyone buys them because "its cool". whatever....
Old 07-29-2004, 01:17 PM   #13
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

yeah its stupid..I actually hardly ever wear hats at all anymore
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:17 PM   #14
blah
Regular User

Skateboarding been around since the 80s it isnt some fad, it takes skill to skateboard so i do respect that. But trucker hats are the gay. If you feel you have to be cool by wearing a trucker hat then you are a fag. My friend i picked him up yesterday in the z3 to get something to eat, he had to put on his sunglasses and trucker hat, while i just sit in the car with my prescription glasses, and Columbia Medical School hat.

One thing i also notice is people wearing nascar shit now. What the hell is that about? these guys wouldnt know the difference between a NASCAR V8 and a Civic I4, yet they were dale earnhardt shit. Im personally thinking about getting a BMW F1 Williams jacket, or a ferrari, or lamborghini hat. What you guys think about the F1 Williams jackets, they are really nice, and i love the big BMW Emblem.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:57 PM   #15
DTM8
Regular User

I know what you guys mean. Wtf is with these people wearing these trucker hats at those angles.
DTM8 is offline   Reply With Quote