Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-23-2005, 05:58 PM   #31
gis
Regular User

id like to say "i cant beleive Tim is out" but.....well...it was kinda predictable.i thoguth soon as it started with him breaking serve straight away he will be in a good form,but he just didnt seem to pick the pace up.

but Andy Murray....what can i say,he is doin very well

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 02:44 PM   #32
Anonymous

Never mind andy, well played anyway! plenty more years of damn entertaining tennis to come from him i hope!
Old 06-25-2005, 02:56 PM   #33
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
Never mind andy, well played anyway! plenty more years of damn entertaining tennis to come from him i hope!
Yup... the commentators have written Henman right off (and not too soon either). Murray is, as they say, going to provide some Home interest for us over the next 10 years. Nalbandian played excellently. we can't take anything away from him

Other games..... in battle of the babes, Sharapova beat Shrebotnik. my support lay with Sharapova. She had a shaky game, not really settling, but hey, she still won!

Hantuchova went out. She is another fine looking player, but Venus blasted her out. Bit of a shame to see her go, i'm not really a fan of the Williams sisters to be honest, but can't deny their talent.

And finally, Federer won, but dropped his first set at wimbledon. He's a great player, and has to be the favourite to go the whole way.

Roll on the 4th round 8)
Old 06-30-2005, 05:54 AM   #34
dingo
Regular User

Hewitt vs Federer in the semi's, I really like both players but I better support the Aussie over the Swiss in this one. I'm sure it will be a great match whichever way it goes, looks like I will need to stay up for this one.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:04 AM   #35
TT
Regular User

Indeed, I am looking forward to that Match since on the other side it will be probably pretty easy for Roddick (still, you never know).. I hope to be home so I can watch it!
Old 06-30-2005, 07:08 PM   #36
dingo
Regular User

Damn......sexy Sharapova is out thanks to Venus Flytrap.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:43 PM   #37
Max Power

man, looking at venus's face through out that match was horrible...they should put a disclaimer before they show any of her matches , can't stand either of the williams...
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:17 AM   #38
TT
Regular User

It was impossible to watch that damn match for me.. all that useless screaming just drives me mad after two games :bah:
Old 07-01-2005, 06:12 AM   #39
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
It was impossible to watch that damn match for me.. all that useless screaming just drives me mad after two games :bah:
just close your eyes and pretend Sharapova is doing something other than playing tennis with all that moaning.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #40
Anonymous

Just caught the last set of the womens final, and damn it was entertaining, shame that davenport lost really, but credit to venus for coming good with some great shots in the closing stages of the match
Old 07-03-2005, 12:24 PM   #41
No.1
Regular User

Just watched the mens Final.

What can i say, Federer hasn't slowed up or shown any flaws for the past year, and he won, no suprise.

Roddick took a beating, and i would have really liked to have seen him win, but Federer is just a machine at the moment. Perfect shot selection, amazing movement acros the court and an ice-cold character. He had the makings of a great champion, and has achieved that over and over.

Also, post-match interview, Roddick was a true gentleman, and dererved to be in the final. A shame he couldn't even manage a single set, but playing against Federer, who would?

A great tournament this year 8) Heck... we even had some pretty good weather too

Looking forward to next years Wimbledon (i don't care much for the doubles finals etc ops: ) and trying to find a way to get me some tickets for some of the matches too
Old 07-03-2005, 03:29 PM   #42
TT
Regular User

Indeed, marvellous performance by Federer. Wimbledon is home for him now.. it was Sampras' the past years, another great champion.
Sadly it was really a one-way match. Roddick is a strong player, even if, beside the serve, the rest isn't really impressive. But it is still rock solid.. well, against an inspired Federer, you need to be a crazy drugged alien to submit him!
He is the #1, no need to argue, he knows it and isn't really modest: in inteviews he always goes straight to the point: I am the best and when I play like I know, nobody can beat me but still, he can't be a dork, he is a cool guy and a pleasure to watch him play.
Next up is Gstaad.. still wondering if I should buy a ticket for the quarters or semifinals...
Old 07-03-2005, 07:47 PM   #43
Max Power

Roddick is a fool for trading up Brad Gilbert, he looked much better against Federer last year, before the delay...also Roddick's american express commercial with the 2 seats, has been foiled once again
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote