Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 06-05-2007, 02:07 AM   #61
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by acmarttin
I'm level 27.

Having a hard time getting past the A spec endurance race. I can't seem to build anything with enough grip and speed to beet the AI Z06.

Playing on hard with no line, abs on, traction on, stability off, manual, simulation damage
I used the Tommy Kaira Skyline that I got from some other race. It started off as a B class which allowed me to do all the suspension, brakes, etc and also some performance and weight changes. It wasn't the Z06 I had to worry about in my race but rather the Ford GT that kept giving me problems, but I think all the other cars took more than one pit stop and I only took one. On the class restricted races I usually use a lower class then modify it as far as I can, its worked so far for me.

Im now at level 31

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:20 AM   #62
acmarttin
Regular User

Thanks for the advice, guys.

I ended up trying RC's tip along with a different car and I managed to win it about 15 secs. ahead of that pesky P. Miller

I used my 911 Turbo (997) because I seem to drive really well with 4wd vehicles in this game. So, novass, your advice of using the skyline would have probably worked for me too!

I just had to make a few tweaks to bring it up to a PI similar to the Z06 and it was smooth sailing from there.

My GamerTag is the same as my JW screen name but I haven't renewed my gold subscription yet.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #63
novass
Regular User

^ Ya I have noticed that it works well to drive the AWD cars in the endurance races cause you don't notice tire wear as much.

I am having a bitch of a time now with the R4 endurance race. The damn AI cars keep running into me and breakin my shit. :x I was doing well on one try, out in front, lap 15, go into a turn and another car bumps me in the back and spins me out in front of another car which ran right into me. Is it just me, or do the AI cars feels like tanks when you bump against them? It seems like every time there is contact, I end up losing regardless of where the contact was.

I let my Gold membership expire cause I didn't use it. I only have Silver right now but my gamertag is Quilo63.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Old 06-05-2007, 11:06 PM   #64
acmarttin
Regular User

Yeah I've noticed that too. I wonder if it's a safety precaution they had to implement to keep the other cars from taking each other out

I remember watching a video that the Forza team put out maybe a half year ago that was talking about all of the "Great Stuff" they were putting in the game and they were talking about debugging the AI - one of the things the guy in the video mentioned was watching the AI race and thinking "now why in the hell did he do that?"

I've had a few of those moments myself. One time on the New York City track, at that first real turn after the loooong straight one of my competitors took the turn too tight and hit the wall. Then on my next lap, he was still there, just backing up, and then going forward into the wall again. I think he finally got out of that jam around lap 5 or so. It was pretty funny.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #65
novass
Regular User

^ LOL I have definitely seen the AI cars do some stupid stuff, it just usually has me involved in it. On another endurance race, I was about to pit with another car next to me and a couple of car lengths ahead so I didn't think he was going to pit and I was flying in there, then he slammed on his brakes swerving in front of me and ran me into the wall. Jerk!

Oh well, its still a fun game.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Old 06-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #66
bmagni
Regular User

theres no oval test track ?? WTF ?!?!?!
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #67
RC45
Regular User

BTW, who is progressing without buying any extra cars?

I am trying to progress without buying any cars - just using prize cars where possible.

I think other than the IS300 I started out with and the C5 Z we bought for fun, all the rest are prize cars.

Level 27 so far.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 01:04 PM   #68
bmagni
Regular User

I only have bought an E46 M3 and a lotus exige... but you'll have to end up buying cars anyway...

btw isn't there anyone intrested in sending me a 360 CS ?? I bought the regular version of the game and I didn't know there was gonna be a special edition with some extra cars...
Old 06-09-2007, 01:19 PM   #69
RC45
Regular User

There's a special edition?

Oh yeah - that's right... only some places in the world get that version of the game.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:10 PM   #70
bmagni
Regular User

so Mexico got it and the US didn't ? thats pretty wierd.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #71
vexor
Regular User

^^^ Canada didn't get it, at least not in my area

I'm also buying every car I can with the money I have, trying to get those non rewarding yet mentally rewarding achievements

and if anyone has any other bonus cars from the special edition of the game, i'd like to buy them too.

lvl 39

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:27 AM   #72
vexor
Regular User

lvl 41

hey, has anyone noticed how drafting doesn't work at all?

I just did a few of the factory spec races with the F430 and at the start when we all launch, i matched my revs and shift points with the comps and yet I couldn't catch up to him even with an almost full draft... not even by one meter.... wtf???

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:04 AM   #73
acmarttin
Regular User

I've definitely been buying cars. I use prize cars in series that I don't really care about, like recently in the integra cup. But I'm a Forza big spender for sure. Right now I've got about 800k in the bank because I'm waiting to get to level 34 so I can buy a Carerra GT. 31 right now...I haven't had the time since the 8 hours I played after launch
Old 06-10-2007, 02:12 PM   #74
RC45
Regular User

Anyone tried changing regions?

It costs $100,000 - and it seems you get the local "region" discount. So by making the trip to another rgion with a bunch of cash, you can buy cars at discount.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:49 PM   #75
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Anyone tried changing regions?

It costs $100,000 - and it seems you get the local "region" discount. So by making the trip to another rgion with a bunch of cash, you can buy cars at discount.
I didn't know you could do that. I was too impatient when I first fired up the game and when it asked me for a region I though it was asking me where I was LOL I thought the stupid Xbox should know that by now, but I chose USA regardless. I will try to switch to the European region now so I can unlock some more Porsches

-Mahatma Gandhi