Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 02-11-2004, 02:54 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Any info about WildTangent software and WCMDMGR.exe?

Today that exe file in the subject line tried to access the net from my PC... of course thanks to Zone Alarm, I blocked it... I did a search on the net and found out this exe is used to search for updates for WildTangent software... I already read that you can "catch" it simply visiting their website.. but well, never knew about that Wildtangent and the only thing installed today was an update for AIM...

Any idea how the damn thing arrived in my PC? It is blocked and won't do nothing bad to my system I guess... but I wonder simply why it is there!

The pages I read said if you remove it, of course the software related to it will stop working, but again, I have no idea wich software needs it...
Old 02-11-2004, 03:36 PM   #2
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

DAMN WILDTANGENT!!!!....that company should be sued their ass off...yes you get it by just visiting their site, and of course by d/l any of their games...I've had that shit many times, my little sister loves to play games online, and I've told her a million times not to go there, bus still she does...

I think you can remove it safely without any harm to your system, I've done it quite a few times, and besides any software needing wildtangent should probably also be removed from your computer...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 03:57 PM   #3
TT
Regular User

But I never visited their site or played their games that's the strange part
Old 02-11-2004, 04:02 PM   #4
DeMoN
Regular User

it seems like windowscomandmanager abbreviated. Maybe it was trying to send info to Windows about errors

go to control panel - administrative tools - services

disable all that you dont need. Error sending is one of them.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-11-2004, 04:04 PM   #5
TT
Regular User

LOL I can't find the "administrative tools"!! Fucking Win98 in italian...

Oh well, no bid deal, really... it is blocked so it won't even start and mess up with my system
Old 02-11-2004, 04:31 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

Shit, it's the damn AIM!!!!!!!!!!!! I see it has a "games" funtion now! And for sure it was why the fucking file is in my system!! Bastards!