Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 05-28-2006, 09:05 PM   #91
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Sub-par effort by Alonso, Fisi out-drove him.
You only say that because Alonso didn't have to do anything.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:28 PM   #92
HeilSvenska
Regular User

i'm just curious as to why people think he sucks, even when he is winning.
I dunno either. But I am sure that if other teams had Renault's reliability today, things might have turned out differently. I mean, Schumacher wouldve had a lot more challenge.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:44 PM   #93
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
Obviously. Fisi went places, Alonso's strategy was horrible and could have easily pushed him back to third in the last round of pit-stops.

Everso, I'm not an Alonso hater, for all you know Im a Fisichella fan. Seriously.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:45 PM   #94
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
Obviously. Fisi went places, Alonso's strategy was horrible and could have easily pushed him back to third in the last round of pit-stops.
First of all, it wasn't his strategy (more of his team's). And obviously it worked. It's not like Fisi wouldn't do the same thing if he were leading. Alonso didn't do anything because he didn't need to. A needless demonstration of his talent, if he has any, might have caused him to make silly mistakes. I like Fisi. But he's been plagued with bad luck too many times.

Raikkonen did what Alonso did last year, although his McLaren was considerably faster than the others'. I wouldn't say his victory was sub-par effort.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:49 PM   #95
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^
honestly, how can you people put Michael Shumacher on such a high pedistal to think that he isn't human? to think that he can't possibly make mistakes, and the ones he does make are on purpose?

WTF

how many times has he crashed out of a race, or even in practice... i seem to recall a broken leg a few years back, and a nearly bad collision with a wall in 2004.

not only do phisics come to play, but also look at the history... jeezus
Old 05-29-2006, 05:25 AM   #96
DeMoN
Regular User

was hoping both mclarens finished race, 2nd plus 3rd... sad day sad sad.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:13 AM   #97
kksh
Regular User

It's sadder when McLaren could have won. At least it's nice to see that we are nearer to the front.

A great drive by Kimi and Webber. A bit disappointed at JPM. Maybe he's driving to the car's max but kimi's able to extract just a bit more performance.

Goddamnit...
An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars.
Advertising has us chasing cars, megapixel cellphones and clothes.
Working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
We're the middle children of history, man...
No purpose or place.
We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives.
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars.
But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact.
And we're very, very pissed off
kksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:33 AM   #98
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
^^^^
honestly, how can you people put Michael Shumacher on such a high pedistal to think that he isn't human? to think that he can't possibly make mistakes, and the ones he does make are on purpose?

WTF

how many times has he crashed out of a race, or even in practice... i seem to recall a broken leg a few years back, and a nearly bad collision with a wall in 2004.

On the same boat...and also to think Alonso publicly stated that his punishment should be even harder is just down right un-f**king believable. Should we just give you the championship right way on a plate?
Old 05-29-2006, 04:51 PM   #99
Max Power

^^^
obviously Alonso didn't c MS scap with Senna...if this prick keeps asking for it than I hope he gets his face smashed in
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:08 PM   #100
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Originally Posted by nthfinity
^^^^

WTF

On the same boat...and also to think Alonso publicly stated that his punishment should be even harder is just down right un-f**king believable. Should we just give you the championship right way on a plate?
hes a fucking prick, thats why I despise him so much... its really un-fuckin-believable. An he must be backed up by Flasshole Briatore. (who is a prick too)
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:48 PM   #101
jenkF1
Regular User

Schumachers move was cheap but remember who this is , this is Schumacher one of the greats -winning at all costs and push the rules to the limit to do that. We've seen him take out ppl on track for results and dirty tactics many a times AS we have seen Senna do. It is a dirty trick, but a drity trick caused by his passion to win.

As for Fisi, diving up the inside of DC, double shuffling Villenueve superb driving shame about the traffic. Alonso takes it on a plate again...the story of his career so far? maybe not but he is a very lucky driver. I Highly highly rate him, but not in the league of Schumacher yet. I think he still has more to prove before we can call him a 'great'. He sure has enough time though..

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:53 PM   #102
Max Power

^^^
u don't know he did it on purpose...there are no decisive evidense to prove that it wasn't a mistake, and Flavio is a fag. :fist:

and as for Alonso, he's had the best car the last 2 seasons and its gone straight to his head...
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #103
saadie
Regular User

^^ ..... umm everyone including the FIA officials andd the marshals and the stewards and all the old F! drievers e.g keke are dumbasses and dont know when someone makes a mistake ... SHWEEETT!!!!

you know what ...... im outta here :scatter:
Old 05-29-2006, 08:04 PM   #104
choudio
Regular User

Originally Posted by jenkF1
Schumachers move was cheap but remember who this is , this is Schumacher one of the greats -winning at all costs and push the rules to the limit to do that. We've seen him take out ppl on track for results and dirty tactics many a times AS we have seen Senna do. It is a dirty trick, but a drity trick caused by his passion to win.

As for Fisi, diving up the inside of DC, double shuffling Villenueve superb driving shame about the traffic. Alonso takes it on a plate again...the story of his career so far? maybe not but he is a very lucky driver. I Highly highly rate him, but not in the league of Schumacher yet. I think he still has more to prove before we can call him a 'great'. He sure has enough time though..
Wow, thats probably the best post in this whole forum LOLZ!
You know what you are talking about JenKF1 ops: :shock:
choudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 04:49 AM   #105
LotusGT1
Regular User

Monaco steward says decision 'painful'

One of the race stewards at the centre of the Michael Schumacher qualifying controversy in Monaco has admitted that it was a 'painful decision' to punish the seven-time world champion, but claimed there was no choice after finding out that Schumacher had lost control of his car at just 16km/h.

Joaquin Verdegay, who is vice-president of the Spanish motorsport federation and one of the three stewards on duty last weekend, has revealed that all the evidence pointed towards Schumacher having acted deliberately in stopping his car.

He claims that the speed at which Schumacher went off, allied to the sequence of events that led to the car stalling, all pointed to the fact that the Ferrari driver had tried to deliberately block his rivals by leaving his car on the track.

"It was a painful decision because we could not make a mistake and put the reputation of a driver at risk," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We don't know if the entire manoeuvre was deliberate, but in that spot he had certainly not done anything like it throughout the weekend: he braked over 50% more heavily than on the other laps.

"Then he performed some absolutely unnecessary and pathetic counter-steering, and that lasted five metres, until there was no more chances of going through the turn normally.

"He lost control of the car while travelling at 16km/h! That's something completely unjustifiable. And the engine shut off because he wanted it to, by losing enough time before hitting the clutch. And the excuse that he did not engage reverse because there was traffic doesn't make sense."

Verdegay added that if Schumacher had actually hit the barriers then the stewards would probably have given him the benefit of the doubt that the entire incident was accidental.

"If he had damaged the car we would have probably filed the matter as an error. As it is, to 'park' it that way, you only do it deliberately," he added.

"We've only applied article 116 of the sporting regulations: if a driver affects the results of other drivers by committing an error, you can cancel all his lap times."

Tony Scott Andrews (GB) and Christian Calmas (F) were the other two stewards..