Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 08-24-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Default Transformers on IMAX!

Finally, an excuse to watch it again for the fourth and fifth time!
So, the rundown is that Transformers is going to be at the IMAX theatres, at least in the US first, from Sept 21, 2007. It's going to be a longer cut with new shots. And I'm gonna go on the first day and bask in its 10000 x 7000 pixel glory.

-ENI

IMAX Corporation, DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures announced today that "TRANSFORMERS," one of the highest grossing movies of the year, will be digitally re-mastered into IMAX's immersive format and released to IMAX(R) theatres on September 21. The Michael Bay-directed movie, which has already generated $310 million in gross box office receipts domestically since its premiere in conventional theaters on July 3, will be enhanced into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience(R) through IMAX's DMR(R) (Digital Re-Mastering) technology.

"IMAX's all-encompassing format takes 'TRANSFORMERS' to a whole new level of detail and intensity," said Michael Bay, the film's director. "I am very excited to work with the team at IMAX to create this turbo-charged version."

"As fans of 'TRANSFORMERS' await the release of the DVD in the fall, they will have a brand new way to experience the adventure -- as if they are actually part of the movie," said IMAX Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler. "The images and sound in 'TRANSFORMERS' are perfectly suited to The IMAX Experience and we are very excited to share the IMAX version with the film's present and future fans."

"When you combine Michael Bay's action packed brand of filmmaking with The IMAX Experience, you get a movie that plays to the elusive and extremely valuable tech-savvy demographic," added Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Filmed Entertainment. "We are very excited to offer moviegoers a chance to experience one of the highest grossing and most popular films of the year in a premium way that cannot be replicated anywhere else, and we are delighted to once again work with the talented team at Paramount Pictures to make this happen."

DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures Present, in Association with Hasbro, a di Bonaventura Pictures Production, a Tom DeSanto/Don Murphy Production of a Michael Bay Film, "TRANSFORMERS" starring Shia LaBeouf, Tyrese Gibson, Josh Duhamel, Anthony Anderson, Megan Fox, Rachael Taylor with John Turturro and Jon Voight. Directed by Michael Bay from a story by John Rogers and Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman and a screenplay by Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman, the film is based on Hasbro's Transformers(TM) Action Figures. The producers are Don Murphy, Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce and the executive producers are Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian. The director of photography is Mitchell Amundsen. The production designer is Jeff Mann. The film is edited by Paul Rubell, A.C.E. and Glen Scantlebury. The costume designer is Deborah L. Scott. The music is by Steve Jablonsky. The music supervisor is Dave Jordan. The special visual effects are by Industrial Light & Magic. This film has been rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action violence, brief sexual humor and language.

For centuries, two races of robotic aliens - the Autobots(R) and the Decepticons(R) - have waged a war, with the fate of the universe at stake. When the battle comes to Earth, all that stands between the evil Decepticons(R) and ultimate power is a clue held by young Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf). An average teenager, Sam is consumed with everyday worries about school, friends, cars and girls. Unaware that he alone is mankind's last chance for survival, Sam and his friend Mikaela (Megan Fox) find themselves in a tug of war between the Autobots(R) and Decepticons(R). With the world hanging in the balance, Sam comes to realize the true meaning behind the Witwicky family motto - "No sacrifice, no victory!"
Old 08-24-2007, 12:43 AM   #2
5vz-fe
Regular User

This maybe the first ever time I watch a movie 2 times in the theater.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:06 AM   #3
dons5
Regular User

OOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG

I have been waitin for this before the movie even came out!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #4
ae86_16v
Regular User

Man oh man. . . . hahaha. I guess I am going have to plunk down another $15 for this.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #5
Kaz
Regular User

10000 x 7000 px megan fox

yes plz
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:05 AM   #6
Max Power

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
lol are u serious? and Transformers is what's going to win u over?
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:07 AM   #7
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by Max Power
Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
lol are u serious? Transformers?
psshhh, that was the first time I didn't feel ripped off at an Imax
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:12 AM   #8
Max Power

well a new wing at ILM just for Transformers will do that
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:20 PM   #9
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by Max Power
well a new wing at ILM just for Transformers will do that
Damn, I didn't know that. ILM is AWESOME.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #10
Fleischmann
Regular User

Apart from the nice cg, there was absolutelly nothing good about the movie. The plot was cheesy and after a while the mass of product placement started to irritate me. One of the worst flicks EVER.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:58 AM   #11
Pokiou
Regular User

it was a good movie i loved it and got in HD.. all i need now is a Projector and im laughing lol
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:13 PM   #12
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane View Post
Pff. This movie sucked so much that I doubt even IMAX would make it any good.
Originally Posted by mrmojo77 View Post
The plot in the movie and the story itself are not much worth discussing, because it was really bad. Not even gorgeous Megan Fox able to make it better since she didn't manage to loose one piece of clothing in the whole movie.
Originally Posted by Fleischmann View Post
Apart from the nice cg, there was absolutelly nothing good about the movie. The plot was cheesy and after a while the mass of product placement started to irritate me. One of the worst flicks EVER.
You Europeans are so picky. I don't remember the last time I was impressed by one of your flicks.