Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 11-13-2004, 05:23 AM   #31
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by cho_888
you need live, you i wasn't annoyed with the ending....i was pisssssssssed offf. i feel vilolated, but i want halo 3 sooo bad. but live and multiplayer makes up for it and it is the best game
I was pretty pissed as well. I trolled a bunch of videogame boards, we are not the only ones. A lot of people are upset about it!
When my friend and I beat it, we were watching the little cinematic, and expecting to play some ore. All of a sudden, the credits started. I just kind of sat there, while my friend let out a "WHAT THE FUCK?"

Bungie is damn lucky the multiplayer is so good, otherwise this game wouldn't have sold as much as it has! If my PS2 worked, I'd probably go trade in Halo 2 for GTA San Andreas. I only play multiplayer with my friends and sometimes online at their house, so there is much of a point to me having it! (splitscreen doesn't bother me)

You guys know of the bug to unlock the extra MP levels? When playing through campaign (any difficulty) you have to ignore the onscreen tutorials untill the very last board. On the last board you have to do a barrel roll in a Banshee to get them unlocked. If you do any of the tutorials before hand, it won't unlock the levels! Thats what I read anyway.

Talk about a whopper of a bug! Imagine how many people thats gonna piss off!

Halo 2 could have been so much better. It's obvious they concentrated too much on the MP aspect. Which makes sense since it's the best part of the game.

Some other gripes I have:
-The view is somewhat restricted. I got used to it, but it seems a bit more zoomed in than Halo 1
-Dual wielding can further block said view. Two plasma pistols and you can only see whats directly in front of you
-Why were there so few Earth levels? Fighting in cities was one thing I was looking forward too
-A lot of stuff in the E3 trailor wasn't even in the game! WTF?
-Shotgun is only usefull if the enemy is standing on your nuts
-Pistol is a tad too weak. I'm glad they dumbed it down (I never mastered the 3 shot kills), but they dumbed it down too much
-No flashlight when playing as the Arbiter dude, that got annoying on some levels
-AI marines were not any smarter, they stand in one place shooting untill they are dead
-Campaign mode way too short. A total of maybe 6 hours and I beat it. Not worth $50. I like long games, Shenmue for example
-The Flood. Fuck the flood, they suck. There is no strategy to beat them, just shoot shoot shoot
-All they really did was add a bit to the story, pretty up the graphics, add new MP levels, a few new weapons, and two new vehicles. It feels more like Halo 1.5 than Halo 2

I could come up with more, but I can't be bothered. As far as the campaign mode goes, I'm pretty dissapointed with it. It could have been soo much better. Hopefully when my friends and I get more time to play together, I'll get my $50 worth. Even though my mommy paid for it for my birthday!
I'd rather be playing GTA SA, but no, my PS2 has to be fuxxzored.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:09 AM   #32
cho_888
Regular User

ok so i wasnt quite that pissed off. because i have been play some awsome multiplayer!!!!!!!!!!1 you can have 3 guests online and its just awsome
Old 11-25-2004, 11:57 PM   #33
bmagni
Regular User

i just got mine !! finally !!!! im really excited

im playing it in heroic and i must say it isnt really hard, ive been killed some times but not to the point where u get really really into it... i also havent played multiplayer and gone live but next week for sure...
i think its an improvement over combat evolved, the hype was way too high for the game to reach it and im glad i didnt wait for it to be the perfect game or what everyone was expecting, but its lets say slightly better than halo 1

what i liked more from this game is:
-the new battle rifle, my favorite weapon !
-using the sword (weapon of choice against the flood)
-the option of dual weilding, though i almost never ever use it, i think its a good choice.
-the graphics are better
-the faster shield recharge and no health
-the new weapons and vehicles
-the charater customization
-the hunters are harder to kill

what i dont like so far:
-the plasma pistol is no longer that great, the homing doesnt work like it used to and now u cant fire as fast as u could.
-the magnum looks too small
-the flood !! as 666fast says the suck, its good for the story just for that.. i hate it!!!!!!
-heroic isnt hard enough, and legendary for what ive heard is neraly impossible.

right now im in delta halo so ill post more reviews after i play some other levels and MP...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 01:32 AM   #34
findleybeast
Regular User

besides the anticlimactic and very abrupt ending, i like just about every other aspect of the game.

oh, and i hate how your teamates only have their symbols above their head, and not their names. i can never figure out who is who.
tho yea, the plasma pistol does suck typically, dual wielding with it is goddam awesome. it can take out an entire overshield out with a charged blast... love it.
i agree that the flood are annoying as hell.

that's about the only gripes i have. i miss mp levels from halo 1, but the new levels are sweet.

oh as for unlocking that multiplayer map, there's an easier way to do it. play through the game and beat it, any difficulty and w/e. if you didn't unlock it by luck then do this:
create a new character, and play coop on the last level with the old character and the new character. play it on easy if you want to get it over with. just play thru w/ the new character, and when you get to the point where you use a banshee, do some barrel rolls with it, then just play thru the rest of the level to the end. the new character will have the unlocked level, and you can just delete the old one and rename the new one to replace it.

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:05 AM   #35
findleybeast
Regular User

awesome setup goodduck. only thing i can think of that would beat that is a college dorm or other lan....

lucky me

btw where are you from in MD? i'm from NoVA so we might not be far apart

Old 11-26-2004, 02:46 PM   #36
bmagni
Regular User

that's about the only gripes i have. i miss mp levels from halo 1, but the new levels are sweet
yeah i really miss hang em high...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 04:30 AM   #37
findleybeast
Regular User

Originally Posted by goodduck
I live in Bethesda and go to school in Bethesda. this is a topic i made a few months ago of my school. http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...er=asc&start=0
Aw you asshole you go to Landon? Kidding... hope you're a lax fan tho

Anyway, back to halo... I really can't wait for the new downloadable multiplayer maps to show up on Live. Hopefully they'll be somewhat in the vein of the older maps...