Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 07-22-2007, 04:16 PM   #16
Just_me
Regular User

I can have fun with both cars. The word fun is all about personal preferences. The average driver will have a lot of fun with both cars.
It all depends on which mood Im in to determine which car I choose.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Ahhhh - the classic test between the BoyRacer toycar and the overweight Boat.

How could either of those under performers be classed as "fun"?

Expressway 4 seaters maybe, but "fun"? No thanks... in that price range any used 911 will be gobs more fun than either of these 2 boyracer, mid-management, overweight overpriced slugs of pig iron
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #18
bmwmpower
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Expressway 4 seaters maybe, but "fun"? No thanks... in that price range any used 911 will be gobs more fun than either of these 2 boyracer, mid-management, overweight overpriced slugs of pig iron
well quality cost something,also technology, audi and bmw has great engines,one of the very best now,
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #19
rave426
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

I think both of the cars are awsome.

Overweight YES...Hell Yes. Overpriced....not near as bad as Porsche. I just saw a pair of 66K and 70K Caymans the other day. Tell me that aint robbery.

For the prices I think you get the best of all worlds. Speed, comfort, luxury, high revs, decent torqe, and a nasty sound V8. And I honestly think that the new M3 will be more fun to drive than a stock 997 (non-S).

I dont know if you ever drove the E46, but if you try to hold back your crack-like craving for torque and 400+hp cars I think you will have a good time. To me the E46 was less about the power and more about the sound and feel that you experience when driving hard.

If BMW can shave some ~400 lbs off the new E92 CSL and make that engine produce at least 450hp I think we will be in the mist of one of the most entertaining vehicles of all time.

Granted all that bullsh|t i said. If I could get a used 997S for the same price as the M3 then BMW can kiss my ass. HA
Old 07-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #20
rave426
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmwmpower
how can be more fun in 4 wheel drive then rear wheel drive ?
im not saying that rs4 is better, maybe is ,but we were listening all those years that atmosferic engine a rear wheel drive is always the best way to have fun during driving
I see where u are coming from, but I have come to realize that there is a secret kind of odd enjoyment that you get from driving a well setup AWD car. I drove the new STI. I was in second gear cornering on a wet road and this sort of awe fell over me when I realized that I could smash the gas and not worry about a damn thing. It just goes and grips, and grips....and eventually understeers. But it just felt so refresing know that no matter what i gave it....it was going to stay on course.

Of course this would get old to me, because I want to be able to indulge in some opposite lock, but to some people I bet that simple fact is very inspiring!