Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini

Lamborghini Everything Lamborghini

Old 06-23-2006, 11:31 PM   #1
a007apl
Regular User

Default VW Insists Lambo Is Not for Sale, But Buyers Are Offering

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=115879
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:37 PM   #2
r2r
Regular User

It wouldn't make sense for Audi/VW to sell Lamborghini now, since they are only starting to get profit from them now, after investing millions of dollars in the company!
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #3
TeflonTron
Regular User

Yes, it would. Audi will never get their investment back, and they now have Bugatti, which has even more history behind it than Lamborghini does, and with the Veyron they have THE uber car.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Yes, it would. Audi will never get their investment back, and they now have Bugatti, which has even more history behind it than Lamborghini does, and with the Veyron they have THE uber car.
Bugatti will hardly make any money for anyone.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:01 AM   #5
Bernardo
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
with lamborghini they might have their investiment back, but not with bugatti, so would make more sense to sell bugatti instead of lamborghini, and lamborghini its building a quite nice reputation now days.
Bernardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #6
jorge
Regular User

Thanks to the Volkswagen group Lamborghini is in a good position right now; they even have two models. I hope they keep it that way, since the brand had lots of troubles in the past.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #7
TeflonTron
Regular User

The money that has been spent at Bugatti will be recouped more than the money spent at Lamborghini, simply because the technology of the Veyron will be broken down and parted out, whereas nothing on the Gallardo or Murcielago is groundbreaking. The costs of running Lamborghini far outstrip the profit that they make from selling cars, and in this day and age no investment group will want to buy a company the size of Lamborghini, and no car giant wants a niche company as part of their portfolio as there is no money in it, outside of Porsche (possibly the world's most profitable car maker) and Ferrari.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #8
Bernardo
Regular User

i think that the technology of the veyron will be copied and not broken down(IMO).and even if they sell all theur veyrons they will still not get the money back.And also lamborghini its growing very well and makin more sells and getting a quite good reputation, so in a long term, i think the money invested in lambo can be recoupered
Bernardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #9
TeflonTron
Regular User

However, the point is that Lamborghini aren't profitable. Sure, on paper they make a very small profit, but that has to be weighed against the interest payments that VAG have to make. From a company point of view there is next to nothing special about Lamborghini, in that the current cars offer nothing special in their technology, and in order to do so VAG will have to spend a huge amount on the next-gen cars, and they are unwilling to do so. Lamborghini is a luxury to VAG, and one that they don't need, now that they have Bugatti up and running.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:01 AM   #10
DI48LO
Regular User

I was thinkin alot about thist topic, and I ended up with a question. Is Audi keeping the Lamborghini for R&D? Notice, that they put the Gallardo engine in the RS8 and the Q8 will be based on the Miura that has been cancelled. I even saw spyshots and the Q8 had Gallardo wheels.....
Any comments about this?
DI48LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #11
a007apl
Regular User

I'm don't see nothing about this report about Q8 based on the Miura, if I'm see, I reply
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote