Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > MotorWorld Car Reviews

Old 06-21-2006, 03:30 PM   #16
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Either way, AMAZING pics nfinity.. you sure are improving quite drastically with all these amazing indepth photoshoots.

For this shot:

Did you mount the camera on the car?
thankyou

and, yes... it was mounted to the car via a suction mount.

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
Why would I trust his opinion more than that of a professional reviewer? You think the people who make a living out of driving and writing about cars aren't 'fellow enthusiasts'?

Jeez you people sure can be stuck up around here.
how do you think i drove a 2007 car
Old 06-21-2006, 03:35 PM   #17
nickthaskater

Well whether or not you're making your living out of reviewing cars, that's still no reason to take your opinion (because that's all a review really is anyways outside of hard statistical facts) over that of anyone else.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:35 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Why would I trust his opinion more than that of a professional reviewer? You think the people who make a living out of driving and writing about cars aren't 'fellow enthusiasts'?

Jeez you people sure can be stuck up around here.
Well - since this is the entire POINT of the members review seciton is to get an "enthusiasts view point" lets continue this discusison - I am surenth won't mind.

What makes you think they are all "profesisonal reviewers"?

And for that matter, what makes a "profesisonal reviwer"?

Requoted for emphasis:
You think the people who make a living out of driving and writing about cars aren't 'fellow enthusiasts'?
DAMN STRAIGHT

Very few "professional reviewers" are autoenthusiasts... in fact that is the MAIN PROBLEM!!!! Most of them are JOURNALISTS first.. then Car Magazine staffers 2nd... then a distant 3rd... MIGHT have a true interests and enthusiasm in cars.

After all - what you are falling in love with is not ehir "review" - but rather what they "wrote" abou tthe review..

I mean, serioauly, if the idea of "member reviews" is so repulsive to you - why did you bother reading the thread/seciton?

Just so you could say "your review sucks cause C&D says different to what you say"??
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:41 PM   #19
nickthaskater

Haha fuck you guys are pathetic. I give my thoughts, and just because you think otherwise, I'm autotmatically not supposed to post here. I bet if I had come in here and said "goddamn the GT500 is awesome, great review, I agree on all points!", there would have been absolutely no fuss given, or even question whether I had first hand experience with the car to come up with that opinion.

Get over yourselves, this is still just a message board on the internet.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:46 PM   #20
nthfinity
Regular User

Haha fuck you guys are pathetic. I give my thoughts, and just because you think otherwise, I'm autotmatically not supposed to post here. I bet if I had come in here and said "goddamn the GT500 is awesome, great review, I agree on all points!", there would have been absolutely no fuss given, or even question whether I had first hand experience with the car to come up with that opinion.

so why did you register if its just a message board?

oh, you posted w/out reading the review. That is why i jumped and provided evidence of your misconceptions.

while posting here, you have changed your reasons why you dont like it... what stays the same is that you dont like it. I am happy to provide you custom content that isn't out anywhere else.... does anybody have a black striped GT500 out there? 8)

Being that I am more an expert on the car then 90% of the people out there, I take pleasure in helping people revise thier opinions.... what suprises me is how much bias you take without really knowing much about the products you like/loath.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:53 PM   #21
nickthaskater

Why did I register if it's a message board? How does a question like that even make sense to you? I registered because it's a site primarily about cars, and I get bored, thus I post and kill time. You must have really strained your brain trying to work that one out.

As for changing my reasons for not liking the GT500, I sure haven't.

And bias, sure I have bias, it'd be stupid to deny that. Everyone has preferences, and very very rarely, if at all, will you get an entirely unbiased opinion on something.

Even if you are a self-proclaimed expert on the car, it's still just words from another person, just like every other word that I've read about this car. Just because you wrote a review does not make your opinion the concrete fact on the matter.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:56 PM   #22
nthfinity
Regular User

10% still leaves a lot of people who know a lot more about the car then I.... lets see.... just in the US, that is 27 million people who likely know more then I do :p

if that makes me an Expert then fine....

but, in context, i am more an expert then the other 243 million people here.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:02 PM   #23
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by nthfinity
10% still leaves a lot of people who know a lot more about the car then I.... lets see.... just in the US, that is 27 million people who likely know more then I do :p

if that makes me an Expert then fine....

but, in context, i am more an expert then the other 243 million people here.
Sure thing.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Haha fuck you guys are pathetic. I give my thoughts,
But you gave your "thoughts" in the MEMBERS REVIEW seciton.

If REVIEWERS are required to drive the car before they can post a review, I say the COUNTER POINT can only come from someone else who has ALSO reviewed the car.

If not, then your opinion belongs in Car Chat..

and just because you think otherwise, I'm autotmatically not supposed to post here.
No - he doesn't think otherwise.. he KNOWS otherwise - based on the fact he has driven both cars in quesiton

Agai, the entire POINT of the Members Review section.

I bet if I had come in here and said "goddamn the GT500 is awesome, great review, I agree on all points!", there would have been absolutely no fuss given, or even question whether I had first hand experience with the car to come up with that opinion.
Well - you would only be agreeing with what your IMPRSSION is based on what you read.. and hopefully what you read was also based on ACTUAL TEST DRIVEs, not some other opinionated yahoo..

So since he is offering a counter point to Car & Driver - based on an actual test drive his opinion at this time carries the most weight of all - right?

Yep - not unlike Edmunds.com. Car&Driver.com etc.

Old 06-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

p.s.

Goddamn nt, the GT500 is awesome, great review, I agree on all points!
Old 06-21-2006, 05:36 PM   #26
TT
Regular User

Dang nick, stop it!
Did you ever know that different ppl can also have different opinions on the same car?

It's not because a journo say something that everybody else should think the same. It also come down to what other cars you can compare the given car...

no more stupid arguing now, back on topic: thanks for the review dude, well done and brillant pics! I was asked to mount the camera with a suction mount but will never dare to
Old 06-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #27
TT
Regular User

BTW, I find it a bit messy to have two topics running about the same car here and in WYST.. IMO we should post it just once, either here, or in WYST and then move it after a week or so :bah:
Old 06-21-2006, 05:45 PM   #28
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
BTW, I find it a bit messy to have two topics running about the same car here and in WYST.. IMO we should post it just once, either here, or in WYST and then move it after a week or so :bah:
hmm....

I understand what you are saying... i guess i just put the hi-res photos in the normal area, and the the smaller pics and associated with the review here.

BTW, the mounts never faultered, even with the video recorders hooked up.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #29
sameerrao
Regular User

What is the likely MSRP?

Nice review nth! I like the suction cup shot .. very well done!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:46 PM   #30
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
What is the likely MSRP?

Nice review nth! I like the suction cup shot .. very well done!
I believe $42,000 is the MSRP