Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini

Lamborghini Everything Lamborghini

View Poll Results: You agree or not?
Yes 100% Sure 3 14.29%
No 100% wrong 7 33.33%
I don't have sure 11 52.38%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2005, 06:34 PM   #16
oscargarza88
Regular User

wow this is defenetly interesting...
i woudl have some opinions but i doubt they would be correct... ur guesses are better than mine by far im guessing.. im no mechanic... just a car fanatic...
although water going in the cilinders sounds weird i belive it is posible as they said throught he intake... hey if dust and stuff like that could go into ur engine then why coudnt water...
anywayas ill wait to see a mechanic's comment.... cause cars have too much stuff i think mst of us woudnt understand completely..
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:08 AM   #17
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Z0RR0
kinf of late... but here I go.
According to experts tire failure didn't happen and the aftermarket wheels also didn't have anything to do with the accident. In fact they look like they were of very good quality because none of them broke, they were only deformed by the impact.
I'd rather have a wheel go than the spindle! Just say no to bling rims.

Interesting and little known fact, very light braking will cause the rotor to overheat. At 100km/h, if you apply just a bit of pressure to barely scrub a bit of speed off, the pads will overheat, melt on the rotor, and quickly enough (we're talking 5-10 seconds) the vibration will warp the rotor (until you change it). It wouldn't then be too crazy to imagine that going 240km/h would overheat and warp the discs enough so that they'd fail in a matter of seconds ... and we'd have the torn off rotor we can see.
Ok, so what are you saying, brake hard or just don't brake ...

I'm not a technical guy and I won't say what you saying isn't true but isn't it normal if you're on the highway, driving at say 160km/h were you can go 120km/h, isn't it normal that you sometimes have to shave of some speed if someone pulls in front of you? I allways try to drive as fluently as possible, and at the highway this means no sudden braking unless it's really necessary.

An interesting read though.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:59 AM   #18
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by Z0RR0
Interesting and little known fact, very light braking will cause the rotor to overheat. At 100km/h, if you apply just a bit of pressure to barely scrub a bit of speed off, the pads will overheat, melt on the rotor, and quickly enough (we're talking 5-10 seconds) the vibration will warp the rotor (until you change it). It wouldn't then be too crazy to imagine that going 240km/h would overheat and warp the discs enough so that they'd fail in a matter of seconds ... and we'd have the torn off rotor we can see.
I'm not a mechanic myself but the overheat theory doesn't make sense. If the brake pads would overheat easily with light braking, half of the people on the freeway would have crashed already. Although, like zippo, I prefer to drive smoothly with minimal braking, I find it not uncommon to slow down just 10-20kph on the freeway in situations such as merging traffic. I may be wrong but I think what you're referring to is probably more in line with someone who put the foot on the brake for minutes while going downhill.

If the guy suspect it's lambo's problem, can't they check the car's black box? In a modern day car, so many things can go wrong, who knows if it's due to faulty sensor or software. At that speed, even tire pressure can cause the problem.
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:23 AM   #19
DeMoN
Regular User

said it on the other thread, say it here... he deserved that cuz of those rims.