Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #31
666fast
Regular User

A guy on another forum I visit did some work on Forza. He's calling it Forza 1.5.

The reason stuff is being left out is due to time contraints. They've greatly underestimated the amount of work that was needed and can't push the game back any further. So, they strip stuff out.

Sucks wang, but oh well, I'll still be buying it.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:53 PM   #32
TopGearNL
Regular User

^^ So instead of delaying the full game they are stripping it to keep on schedule..
Old 03-01-2007, 10:11 PM   #33
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
A guy on another forum I visit did some work on Forza. He's calling it Forza 1.5.

The reason stuff is being left out is due to time contraints. They've greatly underestimated the amount of work that was needed and can't push the game back any further. So, they strip stuff out.

Sucks wang, but oh well, I'll still be buying it.
So I guess this explains the reason why they will still use physics engine from Forza 1 eh? That sucks on their part. They should have thought twice before burlting their mouths just like damn PD. Oh well I wont be buying as I dont have a 360 anymore and dont plan on getting.

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
^^ So instead of delaying the full game they are stripping it to keep on schedule..
Kinda messed up. All the Fanboys will be pissed I bet. I would be hella suprised if the graphics are superior to that of PGR3. Only time will tell....But I bet that there will be alot of those Microtransition downloads alavible.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:59 PM   #34
Daggernite
Regular User

Oh dear what a shame. Ill still get the game as it will still be pretty decent I would imagine. But since I've never been a fan, im not really feeling the anger for the stuff that is missing.

Then again everytime I turn my xbox on the 4 red lights come on. Does that mean its dead? I cant be arsed with all this console crap there not as simple as before.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

Haha - I hate to say to the ForzaFanBoys "I told ya so..." But....

I told ya so

I mean all the dev time, money and hardware - yet a $29 PC game supports 900 degrees, clutch and h-gate shifter...

Oh yeah - first you need the hardware for the console then the game to follow
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #36
666fast
Regular User

So I guess this explains the reason why they will still use physics engine from Forza 1 eh? That sucks on their part. They should have thought twice before burlting their mouths just like damn PD. Oh well I wont be buying as I dont have a 360 anymore and dont plan on getting.
I don't know, he just said that they couldn't push the game back any further because it needs to be released on the current fiscal calendar.

FWIW, it's possible that a lot of the content thats being pulled might be free on the Xbox Marketplace, I wouldn't count on it however.

We'll have to wait and see. Like I said, i'll still be buying it though.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #37
Pokiou
Regular User

OK Captian here is your battleship , i know the war is here upon us.. but in order to build it on time we had to leave the guns out and replace the motors with ducks !!

Cherio!
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:14 AM   #38
novass
Regular User

I will probably still buy it too. As much as I like real-life driving, I dont really care for sims. I liked the original Forza and even though its sounds like this wont be the jump forward many including myself were expecting, I think it may retain some merit and entertainment.

PS - Anyone here watch the Forza Motorsport Showdown on Speed Channel?

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 AM   #39
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
Caught5 a few minutes - seemed like pretty uninspired driving
Old 03-02-2007, 02:40 AM   #40
novass
Regular User

^ Ya I thought it was so-so. Its more drama than racing I think. Its great to watch if your doing three other things at the same time and only paying a 1/4 attention LOL

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #41
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
I don't know, he just said that they couldn't push the game back any further because it needs to be released on the current fiscal calendar.

FWIW, it's possible that a lot of the content thats being pulled might be free on the Xbox Marketplace, I wouldn't count on it however.

We'll have to wait and see. Like I said, i'll still be buying it though.
Yeah I would be hella suprised if Xbox put shit to download for free without having to use any acievements or any of that shit. Very unlikely. And even if they did dont ya need that added memory such as an HDD or can it be saved to the Memory card?

Also regarding that Phyics thing, I think on the turn 10 blog that CHE guy was talking about Forza 2 having the same physics engine as Forza 1 with a few minor tweaks here and there.

Originally Posted by Pokiou
OK Captian here is your battleship , i know the war is here upon us.. but in order to build it on time we had to leave the guns out and replace the motors with ducks !!

Cherio!
LMAO!

Stopped watching Speed a few years ago it's just nascrap on every damn time so I boycott it.

Originally Posted by RC45
Caught5 a few minutes - seemed like pretty uninspired driving
Old 03-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #42
RC45
Regular User

If this isnt pure fanboy-speak - what is?

Re: I just watched the 1UP Preview and listened to the 1UP Yours Podcast and I have some Q's
The show logo was made from scratch, but once you make a design, whether it be the entire car or somthing like a logo, you can save the entire design so you don't have to do it from scratch and you can apply it to any car in your collection if you wish.

If you haven't played any racing sims in the past you might have to spend quite a bit of time getting used to the controls, but the gameplay is going to be spot on. This is going to be, by far, the best simulated racing game on a console to date.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...ead/56268.aspx
Old 03-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #43
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
If this isnt pure fanboy-speak - what is?

Re: I just watched the 1UP Preview and listened to the 1UP Yours Podcast and I have some Q's
The show logo was made from scratch, but once you make a design, whether it be the entire car or somthing like a logo, you can save the entire design so you don't have to do it from scratch and you can apply it to any car in your collection if you wish.

If you haven't played any racing sims in the past you might have to spend quite a bit of time getting used to the controls, but the gameplay is going to be spot on. This is going to be, by far, the best simulated racing game on a console to date.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...ead/56268.aspx

But what still gets me is that ever since Forza 1 was released why didnt the devs get insider info that the 360 was coming and they need to step up their game but instead they are gonna use the same damn physics engine as Forza 1 and most all cars are gonna be the same. Thats a damn shame.