Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 08-21-2005, 05:17 PM   #16
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

WAAAAAY better than the taurus. i renterd one of those in the virgin islands, and nearly broke the thing going up and down the mountains. the tranny nearly died going uphill, and since i despised it SOOOOOO much, i pressed harder hoping it would break, sparing the world of having to deal with one of these rolling terds. i think the fusion looks quite handsome, and the interior is BAD, just bland. the lincoln and mercury verisions of this car look much better, especially the lincoln.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:30 AM   #17
Global Warming
Regular User

I drive an RSX... Yeah I guess the gauges look like those in the RSX but probably a lot of other cars too. I dont see the front end looking much at all like a G35... That is a pretty dumb thread title. Why not just say its the new Ford Fusion and list its speks?

Imp glade to see another V6/AWD sedan from Ford no mater what it looks like. Glade to see they are using the Volvo tech well and bringing people AWD sedans for a good price.
Global Warming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 01:04 AM   #18
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
well the fusion is the sportier 500 as I recall and the Focus Sedan is a compact car.

And for $23K USD 221 HP and a 6-speed Auto isn't too shabby if you think about it.
And for around 25K you can get it in AWD and 18" wheels and optional 5-speed manual at no extra charge.
NO...it is not the 500, nor anything even close to it. The US-market Fusion is a different platform than the 500 (which is based on the Volvo S80's architecture) and from the European Fusion (which is on the Focus/Mazda3/S40 C1 platform). The Fusion is a Ford-ized version of the Mazda6 sedan. It has the same (albeit slightly detuned) 3.0L V6 and 2.3L I-4 engines. The V6 is only available with a 6-speed auto and the 2.3 can be had with a 5-speed stick or auto all of which are only available in FWD for the moment. It's longer than the 6 and obviously looks different, but the basic cabin architecture is the same. The Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr are on the same platform as well.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:10 AM   #19
T-Bird
Regular User

well when I was on their site when I first posted that they had the build it option for the fusion which seems to have disappeared from the list and it had an option at the end of everything for a manual in the V6 version aswell. and how is the engine detuned? the mazda6 V6 is at 220hp and the fusion at 221?
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:25 PM   #20
Vansquish
Regular User

The Fusion's engine made 210bhp as of the 2005 NAIAS. On the other hand, there has been time to do some work on the engine since then, so 221 is possible. Basically that's just the Mondeo ST220 engine.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote