Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 08-13-2005, 04:06 AM   #1
5vz-fe
Regular User

Default RSX crashing into a G35........(Gore Warning)

fusion problem:
1) Gauge set from RSX
2) Ugly ass clock from Infiniti, and I don't think anyone could call that
dash design, more like they just find the space and put everything there.
3) Front end looks like a mutated G35

PRNDL??....umm....Ford Engineers, u guys are missing a few gears.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:55 AM   #2
5vz-fe
Regular User

Hmm.....I guess the topic "Ford Fusion" isn't the most attractive / exciting LOL
Old 08-13-2005, 11:56 AM   #3
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Hmm.....I guess the topic "Ford Fusion" isn't the most attractive / exciting LOL
exactly
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 11:59 AM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

Done!!! Now let see if it will do better..................u just keep laughing there bmagni
Old 08-13-2005, 11:59 AM   #5
T-Bird
Regular User

well I think the car is leap and bounds ahead of the Taurus so I have to give it that. and PRNDL is the standard setup for automatic trannies so I don't see what is wrong there.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 12:02 PM   #6
bmagni
Regular User

Done!!! Now let see if it will do better..................u just keep laughing there bmagni
hahaha the topic change, well see how many visits this will get after that, keep it like that
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 12:03 PM   #7
5vz-fe
Regular User

keke, YES!!! my topic strategy works. Thanks T-Bird for replying.

As for the PRNDL, I know ford has been using that for years (my aunt used to have a Topaz and it has that setup too) but didn't u find that the most idiotic. Say you wanna go down a slope and save on the brakes, ppl usually put it to 2 or O/D off.

I do agree the interior finish (especially the gaps) are much better than the Taurus, but we gotta compare it to what the world is using, and not to just Ford rite?
Old 08-13-2005, 12:11 PM   #8
T-Bird
Regular User

well actually PRNDL is a law in the US atleast for safety because back in the days all the companies had different layouts which was making it very dangerous and they didn't have lockouts so you could accidentaly put the car in reverse going down the road so the government stepped in and said you had to have Neutral between forward and reverse and that all manufacturers had to have the same layout. And to go down a hill if you were actually towing with this car you would put it into L and on most Fords there is a button on the shifter itself to turn off OD you just might not be able to see it. My T-bird does have PRND21 though which I guess is what you were talking about but it has an OD off button on the handle.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:17 PM   #9
5vz-fe
Regular User

Yup...that's what I am talking about...the missing 2 =)
Old 08-13-2005, 03:12 PM   #10
HeilSvenska
Regular User

PRNDL is a law in the US
you could accidentaly put the car in reverse going down the road
When did the "Land of the Free" become such a nanny state? Sad, really. People who wouldn't spend time to learn how to use a new gearbox shouldn't drive.

Again, i don't think it looks that bad, although i don't see the point of it. What about the Ford 500? or the Mercury Montego, which are other mid sized sedans in Ford range? Where does the Fusion belong? And why that stupid name? "American mid-size car" is such a vague field. And i can only see it get worse when the Focus sedan arrives.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:48 PM   #11
T-Bird
Regular User

well the fusion is the sportier 500 as I recall and the Focus Sedan is a compact car.

And for $23K USD 221 HP and a 6-speed Auto isn't too shabby if you think about it.
And for around 25K you can get it in AWD and 18" wheels and optional 5-speed manual at no extra charge.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:03 PM   #12
5vz-fe
Regular User

With all the traction control avaliable these days, I think Ford should bring back the RWD sedans. Stick a Mustang GT engine in it, give it a limited slip diff and 5 speed and I am sure it will sell like hot pan cakes.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:01 PM   #13
T-Bird
Regular User

You know I've always thought about doing that to a Taurus you know it would be fast.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:22 AM   #14
ae86_16v
Regular User

Initially when I saw it, I thought it looked pretty good in the magazines. I was just about to say that Ford is starting to make good looking cars again. Yes the interior is kind of bland, but I like the exterior styling. (The G35 isn't bad, the Coupe definitely looks better than the Sedan though.)

I like it!!!
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 03:16 PM   #15
AlienDB7
Regular User

As for the PRNDL, I know ford has been using that for years (my aunt used to have a Topaz and it has that setup too) but didn't u find that the most idiotic. Say you wanna go down a slope and save on the brakes, ppl usually put it to 2 or O/D off.

I do agree the interior finish (especially the gaps) are much better than the Taurus, but we gotta compare it to what the world is using, and not to just Ford rite?
I used to have a '92 Tempo (almost identical to the topaz but with the 3L v6) and it has PRNDL too I think. It actually makes sense back in the day when you get 3 speed slushbox without OD... so D is 3rd and L = 1st and 2nd gears. Not like anyone would keep it in 1st anyway.

Not sure about the direction Ford is going with the interior. After seeing what they did to the '05 Focus.. all I wanted to say is "what were they thinking?". The old focus' interior was decent with the brushed aluminium look and all the curves. The new one is all boring grey/black plastic!!

I notice a similar trend for other manufacturers too, last time I sat in an '05 golf/jetta, I wented to get out right away! Too much grey plastic! I'm sure they're building green cars, consider the recyling plant is probably where they got all the interior trims from. They should bring back the leather interior, even "leatherette" vinyl were better than cheap plastic!!

Enough rant for now ops:
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote