Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-24-2003, 01:28 AM   #1
MercedeSChink
Regular User

Default Vicky or Richard?

I don't know if any of you have talked about this already, but who do you think is a better driver? I've only seen Vicky in action in the car park clip but have never seen Richard in action...btw, doesn't Richard do the Bike reviews for TG aswell?
Old 12-24-2003, 01:49 AM   #2
levensnevel
Regular User

Richard thinks he's a racing God, at least when he drove the Bowler Wildcat :roll:
Following that line of reasoning VBH is the ultimate driving Goddess.
In all honesty, Richard can't drive a car properly. Just listen how he maltreated the gearbox of that Lambo Miura. He is just Jazza's parrot.
So it's Vicky, hands down :fadein:

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 01:50 AM   #3
geekdiggy
Regular User

stop making so many crappy threads

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 02:00 AM   #4
levensnevel
Regular User

Good morning GeekDiggy

You're in a grumpy mood this morning. Don't take everything so seriously and smile :idea:

Weblog
Old 12-24-2003, 02:04 AM   #5
MercedeSChink
Regular User

Man, what's up your a**? Just askin some opinions man...
Old 12-24-2003, 04:13 AM   #6
jakaracman
Regular User

Vicky all the way ...
Old 12-24-2003, 04:20 AM   #7
allan_leung
Regular User

Me too

VIcky all the way...
allan_leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 06:01 AM   #8
geekdiggy
Regular User

richard hammond is prepared to defend himself in this thread

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 07:52 AM   #9
stradale
Regular User

Vicki is the better driver, but Richard isn't a bad driver IMO. He handled the GT3 quite nicely.

I think he's not JC's parrot. You have to give him more credit than that. I love the interaction between Jeremy, Richard and James. I'd watch that even if there wouldn't be cars involved. Tiff and Vicki are trying, but can never match that.

This is so difficult I'm not choosing on this one.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:05 AM   #10
FPVPSI
Regular User

Originally Posted by levensnevel
Richard thinks he's a racing God, at least when he drove the Bowler Wildcat :roll:
Following that line of reasoning VBH is the ultimate driving Goddess.
In all honesty, Richard can't drive a car properly. Just listen how he maltreated the gearbox of that Lambo Miura. He is just Jazza's parrot.
So it's Vicky, hands down :fadein:
I don't agree wif you on dat last point. Alot of jorno's and good drivers in general have comented that the box in the Lambo is pretty crappy, so don't blame dat on da driver! (he probley shouldn't of crunched it that bad though). I think that he can drive and i reckon he's the better driver! some of his reviews kick ass! a good example GT3! <----- nice!
FPVPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 08:17 AM   #11
1zippo1
Regular User

I think both are very good reviewers but no match for Tiff or JC.

Vicki is a female, and not a bad looking one either. The fact she can drive properly makes her more attractive IMO. And lets face it, who would you rather look at, JC's face or Vicki's boobs 8) But apart from that I think she's a good reviewer.

Richard is getting better & better IMO. Ok from time to time he does something that you think, common he's just doing the same thing that JC does (like with the last show when he made that weird face = the same JC did with the Jag XJ). But most of the time he's just a good car reviewer!

To pick one out of the two is very hard. They are very very close IMO but I think I prefer Vicki! I would like to see her on the Top Gear team again. The perfect team IMO would be Tiff - JC - Vicki - Hammond.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 08:32 AM   #12
levensnevel
Regular User

To be quite frank I feel that all communication between Jazza and Richard is merely role playing following a pre-arranged script. So nothing spontaneous about it. Ranting about the preferences on cars is nice and entertaining amongst friends in the Pub or on a messageboard like this, but on the Telly? No way, it's beginning to bore me as the script they are following is pretty obvious.
Having written that: TopGear is infotainment meant to attract a far more larger audience than the odd PetrolHead and Richard seems to be quite popular with the opposite sex.

Weblog
Old 12-24-2003, 09:07 AM   #13
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by levensnevel
To be quite frank I feel that all communication between Jazza and Richard is merely role playing following a pre-arranged script. So nothing spontaneous about it. Ranting about the preferences on cars is nice and entertaining amongst friends in the Pub or on a messageboard like this, but on the Telly? No way, it's beginning to bore me as the script they are following is pretty obvious.
Having written that: TopGear is infotainment meant to attract a far more larger audience than the odd PetrolHead and Richard seems to be quite popular with the opposite sex.
Of course it's all (or at least most of it) not spontaneous. You can't make this sort of show without some sort of script. Still, it shows they're having fun doing it and it shows. It also shows the fun they had while making it up. I like watching them debate on cars and I think it's good Top Gear does this. As you said, that's the way we enthusiasts talk about cars. Why should tv made by enthusiasts be any different?

Top Gear is infotainment allright. A friend of mine who didn't care about cars at all wouldn't miss one episode of TG. Now, he's more interested in cars and is more 'educated' on the subject. That is the effect TG has on people and I doubt it has diminished TG's appeal to petrolheads. I'd like to consider myself as one and like TG all the better for it. I have no clue about what the opposite sex thinks about Richard and I don't think it matters either. He would have been hired anyway I'm sure. Besides, if it makes more women watch, it might 'educate' them on cars as well.
stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:04 AM   #14
draak666
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Besides, if it makes more women watch, it might 'educate' them on cars as well.
Who knows... maybe one day they'll be able to drive them, all thanks to Top Gear.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:26 AM   #15
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I would fuck Vicky in my Maybach 65, while Richard was driving it around Nurbungring. Happy?
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote