Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 01-09-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
fsandys
Regular User

Default Ferrari Celebrates 60th Anniversary (2007)

Ferrari is celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2007 with a major event from June 21st to June 24th in Maranello, Italy. Maranello will be the finish line in a “relay race” across five continents where participants will carry a baton embossed with symbols of the 60 greatest moments in the company’s history. The relay represents an extraordinary, collective sign of enthusiasm that will bring together Ferrari clients and their cars representing every model and era.

The “Ferrari 60 Relay” will kick off on January 28th in Abu Dhabi, site of the future Ferrari theme park, and conclude in Maranello on June 24th, after traversing about 50 countries in 148 days. The central theme of the final events is technological innovation pioneered by Ferrari in the 60 years of its existence. For the occasion, Ferrari is assembling its 60 most important innovations, ranging from aluminum pliers for disc brakes to the electric differential and the F1 gearbox.

Against this backdrop Ferrari has organized its first concours d’élégance: a series of events on the track, at the factory and at the Galleria Ferrari in Maranello celebrating the elegance of the Ferrari.

From Abu Dhabi the long relay will proceed to Dubai, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. From the Emirates it will head east, to Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Australia, and New Zealand. From Oceania it will fly to South Africa and then on to Latin America, reach Mexico, and from there continue on to United States and Canada. Then to Europe, where it will cross Portugal, Spain, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, the United Kingdom, Greece, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia and Turkey. It will then touch Egypt and Lebanon, and finally to Italy, where it will touch all the main cities finally arriving, after a special ceremony in Rome, in Maranello.

Of particular interest are the 60 symbols created for the 60 events. Enamel reproductions of them by Editalia (Gruppo Istituto Poligrafico e Zecca dello Stato) will be applied to the baton, and 60 posters of the symbols will also be made. What makes these symbols unique is the fact that they were produced by six different creative teams, guaranteeing a vision of the whole of great graphic and symbolic interest. The following advertising agencies were the creators: Intesta e D’Adda, Lorenzini, Vigorelli, BBDO, Alessandro Migliorini of Area Creativa, Marco Morosini, Enzo Naso of the eponymous firm, and Wolfgang Seidl of Seidldesign.
I'd like to find out exactly when they'll be going through each country really.

Also, 'Ferrari Themepark'? - http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46425
Old 01-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
stmoritzer
Regular User

me wants to know when they are in Switzerland

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
blue8
Regular User

sucks that they won't be going where i live... sounds great anyway! more importantly, where's the F60?

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
graywolf624
Regular User

It is too bad I am going to Australia and Norway this year. I would love to go to such a major event over my birthday.
Interesting way to celebrate. How does this tie to the cars driving across the Americas? (see recent issues of top gear from top ford)
Old 01-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
TopGearNL
Regular User

Me wants to know when they are in Holland!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:35 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

I'd like to catch up with them in Switzerland but I guess I'll go to Maranello too
Old 01-13-2007, 05:45 AM   #7
dingo
Regular User

Australia?

Cool! However I doubt Perth will be the location, more likely a bigger eastern states city (Sydney or Melbourne).
Old 01-13-2007, 10:50 AM   #8
Mers
Regular User

they left from Brazil up to the states last year (or in 2005, can't remember) so we're out of the race this time....really too bad...I thought i maybe could have witnessed my dream 250 Pininfarina Coupé once again...
Old 01-13-2007, 02:50 PM   #9
bmagni
Regular User

All I know is that "something" is gonna be presented to just a handful of costumers and we won't see it until next year...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:17 AM   #10
Alan
Regular User

Quite surely I'll be in Maranello in those days!

Alan

Visit my website: Alan Guerzoni - 3D car modeler & GranTurismo Photographer
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:40 PM   #11
TT
Regular User

Alan, we'll finally meet: I booked 8 nights in an hotel already. will be there from 16th to 24th
Old 01-22-2007, 04:44 PM   #12
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
Me wants to know when they are in Holland!
Yeah damn! I'd really like to be there!!
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #13
bmagni
Regular User

bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:23 PM   #14
nthfinity
Regular User

Dont know yet if i'll be able to, but there is talk that I may be going to Italy this june for the 60th aniversary... justifying the cost right now is the tough part...
Old 01-29-2007, 11:36 PM   #15
deuces
Regular User

Default Re: Ferrari Celebrates 60th Anniversary (2007)

yea can anyone get a schedule for this?