Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-29-2005, 11:50 PM   #16
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
ehh.. yes the AI sucks. its horrible even. fuckin assholes keep ramming into you.

but b-spec it self is a different story..

take it easy RC, im just playin
Damn straight we're just playing.. --- if you can call closing on a 90 degree corner at 4 miles a minute.. playing...
haha... yes very true..

marketing sucks.. they'll say anything to make a sale.. all in all its just a GAME! a very good one at that IMO
Old 03-30-2005, 01:22 AM   #17
Minacious
Regular User

GT4 let me down so much I could care less about trying to race all the races myself. More importantly, I wouldn't even call it racing. A race implies that others are involved. These drones behind the wheel of the other cars could hardly be considered involved in the race.

As far as the processesing power of the system, you guys are right, the PS2 can only do so much. Sadly, that is no excuse. If PD would have layed off on some of the fluff they put into the game and focused more on the racing/competition aspect of it, I think we'd have a better product overall. I could stand to lose the precious sound of the wind changing when I go faster to just have the damn drones hit the brakes instead of running head long into me when I slip by on the inside.

I would say that 60 percent of my races have been B-Spec'd. Ah well.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:28 AM   #18
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
Even when my car is in B-Spec----Even when I have th "overtake" option selected, my own car will drive up and ram the computer car hard from behind before going around them like he should have in the 1st place. Whats that about?
I think it works better if you select overtake just before they are in a postition to make the move, rather than having it on constantly. Thats how it seems to me.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:33 PM   #19
RC45
Regular User

^^ - then you may as well drive it yourslef...

But it really makes no difference, they ram the car in front every time - you just don't always notice it.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:21 PM   #20
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
i totally agree... but i have never gotten myself to do the endurance races in GT3 so its a nice little feature for GT4...

but i do not think ANYONE (ie RC45) :shock: should be complaining about the performace of the b-spec computer driver. ITS A RACING GAME. YOU. RACE.
Well - even in REAL LIFE Racing, endurance driving splits the driving duties between a number of drivers..

I am complaining about the OTHER drivers ont he track.

How would you feel, 20 laps into the LeMan 24 hours, screaming down the Mulsanne, you lift off the throttle, feed a bit of opposite lock in to quell the over steer, brake hard... hold it - hold it... steady, down shift... 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 --- counter steer... steady... 2....

******BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM***************

The AI piloted car in second place behind you just rams into you at about 100mph sending both of you into the dirt... as 3,4 and 5 pass you up.

This is the reality of how bad GT4 is when you try race with the AI drivers.

I like to tune my cars to let me race WITH the other cars for the whole race - makes it fun and realistic - but then pathetic AI forces me to mod my car so I can get waaaaaayyyyy ahead of them... just so they won't ram me into the dirt at the end of each lap....
Yeah I know how ya feel man! What I do is just give them a taste of their own little shit! Ram that fucker back! Seriously its really funny when I race! I get hit by one of the fuckers and then I get pissed so I for the next lap or so try and fuck him up! And if I see a nice car in the feild EX NSX then I try to get that guy to be in second place and me in first!

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
I think it's expecting a bit much that the game would be able to have truly intelligent AI drivers with the limited processing power of the PS2
Yeah I think we are overclocking the PS2 rite now.

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by Dan\/6
I think it's expecting a bit much that the game would be able to have truly intelligent AI drivers with the limited processing power of the PS2
So much for the "Ultimate Driving Simulator" then...
Key word fellas, "limited processing power", it can be fun and all but that PS2 can neither run a sofisticated physics model nor intelligent AI.
Thats why I cant wait for the PS3! I heard a 3000 MHZ processor or something? Dont know what it means but sounds pretty damn fast!
Old 04-05-2005, 07:30 AM   #21
oantob
Regular User

this system is helping me a lot...because I sometimes to tired or even sleepy to do a championship races, imagine to do a 2 lap on nurburgring and another 2 lap of that de la Sarthe... thanks a lot PD
Old 04-05-2005, 10:43 AM   #22
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by oantob
this system is helping me a lot...because I sometimes to tired or even sleepy to do a championship races, imagine to do a 2 lap on nurburgring and another 2 lap of that de la Sarthe... thanks a lot PD
I guess you didn't stumble on the championship where you have to do like 25 laps at the NS, 40 at Le Mans, 99 at Suzuka and so on and that's 10+ races I think
Old 04-05-2005, 12:28 PM   #23
oantob
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Originally Posted by oantob
I guess you didn't stumble on the championship where you have to do like 25 laps at the NS, 40 at Le Mans, 99 at Suzuka and so on and that's 10+ races I think
nope...and by hearing that makes me think :roll: what if there's no b-spec...maybe I ended up like brembo
* Joke