Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 04-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
philip
Regular User

Default Not Fair

I'm in Kansas City, Missouri this weekend for a wedding. I have two electric trains Lionel and LBG. So when in KC, I always go by the model train store in Crown Center, a fancy shopping malll there, as there are not many model train stores anymore and this is a pretty good one.

I am looking at the trains and I see a Marklin Digital HO train engine. It has the profile of a Porsche painted on the side and its says Porsche.

This is totally not fair.

I don't collect Marklin HO trains. But here is this great looking engine with the Porsche logo/name and this cool outline of a Cayman Porsche on the side. I was told that Porsche paid the German Railway for an ad on the side of their trains for the introduction of the Cayman. It looks totally awsome.

This tiny engine is $400 USD, I know in ten years it will be collectible and worth three times as much.

It's so tempting, but totally not fair.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
silentm
Regular User

that's normal i guess with these Maerklin things. we have a lot of tracks and quite a couple of trains, my dad used to collect a couple, they do cost an insane amount of money.

quite frankly i do not really see the worth in them *shrug*
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote