Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat > Bike Pictures and Videos

Old 10-24-2005, 03:47 AM   #16
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by RAMMIUS

whatever you say RC

and about unreliability , well this should come from an owner , and by temperamental engineering I think you`ve wanted to say advanced engineering, but in your style RC , you`ve used an alternative word
Well considering history, facts and track record is on my side.. it is what I say

An interesting engineering excercise.. nothing for the history books.

Nothing for the history books ? Really ?
How many World SBK titles they won ?

BTW , this year your beloved RC 211 V , got her ass kicked by an in-line 4 , and a few times by Duke`s V4 , who in your opinion it`s inferior .
Old 10-24-2005, 04:14 AM   #17
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Another thing :

1 st in motogp : Yamaha . bikes/year : a ''few'' milions
2 : Honda . bikes/year : 4 ? 5 ? mil
3 : Ducati bikes/year : 50.000 ?
4 : Kawa
5 : Suzuki

So , a simple , logical conclusion is that those manufacturers have HUGE R&D and T&E budgets , isn`t it RC ?

You have a european (actually a very small Italian) producer , who`s taking on the world`s best , I would like to see an american producer trying to take on Suzi and Kawa , I`am not talking about the other ones.

Sooo , this is their 3rd year , and they are doing quite well , against huge producers with awesome budgets , not to mention the fact that they use shitty Bstone tyres .

A little comparison :

Honda`s racing departament for MotoGp : 500 man plus 3 tset pilots .

Ducati - racing department (meaning MotoGp, World SBK , AMA Superbike ) 100 !!!!! , and 1 (one) test pilot.

How come they are doing so well ? They are smart , with a lot of imagination and they are determined , to show their class , as they did in World SBK.

BAD POINT RC : you`re the most SUBJECTIVE man I,ve ever seen. Try to bring arguments as I did.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:17 AM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

whatever you say RC

and about unreliability , well this should come from an owner , and by temperamental engineering I think you`ve wanted to say advanced engineering, but in your style RC , you`ve used an alternative word
Well considering history, facts and track record is on my side.. it is what I say

An interesting engineering excercise.. nothing for the history books.

Nothing for the history books ? Really ?
How many World SBK titles they won ?

BTW , this year your beloved RC 211 V , got her ass kicked by an in-line 4 , and a few times by Duke`s V4 , who in your opinion it`s inferior .
The FIM outlawed 2 strokes because the Japanese have won everything in 500cc since about 1980...

Italians couldn't touch em

SO bye-bye 2 stroke 500cc' GP bikes.. hello 4 strokes.. (which Honda won the first time out)

Be sure and get your bike history straight Mr..

Another thing :

1 st in motogp : Yamaha . bikes/year : a ''few'' milions
2 : Honda . bikes/year : 4 ? 5 ? mil
3 : Ducati bikes/year : 50.000 ?
4 : Kawa
5 : Suzuki
See above - MotoGP was changed to 4 stroke to give the Eurocrap a chance..

So , a simple , logical conclusion is that those manufacturers have HUGE R&D and T&E budgets , isn`t it RC ?
Funny thing is you guys use this same argument to explain why Ferrari is so good...

Make up your minds

You have a european (actually a very small Italian) producer , who`s taking on the world`s best , I would like to see an american producer trying to take on Suzi and Kawa , I`am not talking about the other ones.
I am sure you are aware that for the longest time Ducati was actually owned by a Dallas Texas based investor...

Thats about as American as you can get hehehe

Sooo , this is their 3rd year , and they are doing quite well , against huge producers with awesome budgets , not to mention the fact that they use shitty Bstone tyres .
What does manufacturer size have to do with racing success?

A little comparison :

Honda`s racing departament for MotoGp : 500 man plus 3 tset pilots .

Ducati - racing department (meaning MotoGp, World SBK , AMA Superbike ) 100 !!!!! , and 1 (one) test pilot.
All that proves is that the FIM was asked by Duati to change the rules to make MotoGP/WSB the same as AMA

Back in the day, being able to ride a WSB fast did not mean you could ride a GP bike.

How come they are doing so well ? They are smart , with a lot of imagination and they are determined , to show their class , as they did in World SBK.

BAD POINT RC : you`re the most SUBJECTIVE man I,ve ever seen. Try to bring arguments as I did.
This doesn't make their road bikes reliable...

Here's an argument -

How many Motocycle Endurance Races have Ducati won?

Now go see how many the Honda V4's of the VFR, RC30, NR and RC45 have won...

Come back when you have the answer.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:22 PM   #19
RAMMIUS
Regular User

1.Are You sure that you have your history right ?

The italians RULED 2 stroke category for YEARS .

Meccanica Verghera Agusta rings a bell ? I doubt . [/quote]

2.Are you sure that they didn`t changed from 2 stokes to 4 for other reason ?
Meaning the 4 stroke 250 was very close ?

3.The biggest budgets in F1 are the ones of the biggest producers , meaning Toyota.
Before replying do your homework , or don`t reply at all.

4. come on , you gotta do better than that .

If they had the biggest package of shares that doesn`t mean Ducati was american

The engineers , meaning those who built the bikes : all italians.
Of course , you envy americans would like to have that kind of bike manufacturer , but hey , you lack the high level know how.

5.Do you know what R&D and T&E means ? And it has to do when where talking about money.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:18 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

1.Are You sure that you have your history right ?

The italians RULED 2 stroke category for YEARS .

Meccanica Verghera Agusta rings a bell ? I doubt .
Tell us all when was the last time a non-Japanese 500cc 2 stroke won anything?

I am right - you are wrong

You will note that when the Japanese motorcycle began to rule the street, it then began to rule the track.

I have forgotten more about motorcycling history than you will ever know

2.Are you sure that they didn`t changed from 2 stokes to 4 for other reason ?
Meaning the 4 stroke 250 was very close ?
I will let you fix your above statement yourself... 4 stroke 250.. hehe

3.The biggest budgets in F1 are the ones of the biggest producers , meaning Toyota.
Before replying do your homework , or don`t reply at all.

4. come on , you gotta do better than that .
Please inform us about the great non-Japanese (and specifcally non-Honda) victories in Endurance and TT racing since 1979.

Please we are waiting.

If they had the biggest package of shares that doesn`t mean Ducati was american
Uhm - not the "biggest shares" - the outright owners at one stage... Texas Pacific Group saved Ducati from bankruptcy and nursed yet another failing Italian company back to health.

Italians are just not that great at business it seems...

The engineers , meaning those who built the bikes : all italians.
Of course , you envy americans would like to have that kind of bike manufacturer , but hey , you lack the high level know how.
You of course know that the only significant designer that they have had in the last 20 years is South African... right?

5.Do you know what R&D and T&E means ? And it has to do when where talking about money.
Who cares?

If you are good - you win... if you suck - you lose.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:03 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

*chirp* *chirp*
Old 10-25-2005, 04:02 AM   #22
RAMMIUS
Regular User

From 1958 to 1974 , MV Agusta had 17 !!! (got that?) STRAIGHT titles in the 500cc class only , and guess what , 2 stroke

ok? Where was Honda ? :roll:

About endurance races well at TT , your beloved Honda , again it`s ruled by .....Yamaha , and the non japanese bike at the 3rd pos it`s an euro one : Norton and that`s a good place

About Texas pacific group : they invested because it was a good business (or americans are dumb , and invest in a non profitable business ?) and in a short time they made a ''few'' bucks .

RC , I`am asking you : do you know the difference between DESIGNER and ENGINEER ???????

So ''If you are good - you win... if you suck - you lose. ''

Well Honda sucks quite bad now (MotoGp and WorldSBK) , and you could have only one conclusion : they had all those titles because that Italian master was their title winning machine , when Rossi moved to Yamaha :bye: Honda

Anyway we are Way OFF TOPIC because of :

''Too little too late...

Honda perfected the V4 15 years ago.. (and before that the V3 )

V5 is where it's at these days... ''

your reply that didn`t add nothing constructive to the topic , and you`ve tried to prove that Honda it`s better than Ducati

If I was in your shoes I wouldn`t have the guts to call that superior , because , as I said before , it got his ass kicked by an in-line 4 and a V4