Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 08-30-2007, 01:56 AM   #16
r2r
Regular User

Good idea for a topic!

'Superbad' 9/10

Was surprisingly very funny, and would recommend it to those who usually would not watch this kind of movie
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:15 AM   #17
TNT
Regular User

Crimson Tide http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112740/

Plot: On a US nuclear missile sub, a young first officer stages a mutiny to prevent his trigger happy captain from launching his missiles before confirming his orders to do so.

8/10 great drama, and a must for war/military fans.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:58 PM   #18
vexor
Regular User

^^^ really good movie, but probably not as good as the movie that i've just watched

The Hunt for Red October

http://imdb.com/title/tt0099810/

9.2/10

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:14 PM   #19
TNT
Regular User

^^ yeah Hunt for Red October is a awesome movie.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:34 PM   #20
novass
Regular User

The Reaping: 5/10 - It was OK. If you have some time to kill, it's kind of entertaining. Predictable plot, decent visuals, average acting.

Superbad: 8/10 - I really didn't think this movie was going to be any good but I actually liked it quite a bit.

Knocked Up: 6/10 - Some funny scenes, but nothing too special.

28 Weeks Later: 6/10 - Not bad for a sequel, but the original was far better and much more of a scary movie. This one had a few good scenes, but felt more like an action movie IMO

The Host: 7/10 - Not too bad of a movie. The plot is nothing new, but the interaction with the main characters is pretty good and quite funny.

Transformers: 9/10 - I may have given this such a high score because I LOVE Transformers. Visuals were great, Megan Fox was hot and it was freakin Transformers!

Those are the movies I have seen in the past week or so.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:08 AM   #21
vexor
Regular User

just saw The Number 23

pretty good for a thriller but there are better ones out there

7/10

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:23 AM   #22
Bizi Jones
Regular User

it was a Seagal movie...I think it was 'Marked for Death'...

and any Seagal movie deserves a 10/10 8)
Bizi Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #23
regele

Superman returns, it didn't really deliver, too little action, too much of a look into superman's love life and he comes back from the dead a million times 4/10

I see superbad mentioned here alot, if you didn't watch it do it, it's really funny.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:51 PM   #24
regele

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
"The Illusionist"
8.5/10

Very good movie. I really like Edward Norton, actually it's my favourite actor if I had to chose one, but I wasn't really interested in the movie... but I gave it a try... and it was indeed GREAT!!
Watch The prestige if you haven't yet, it's also about magicians, but it's even better and it'll keep you in suspense till the very end.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:32 PM   #25
frozzu
Regular User

The number 23.
9/10

Really good movie and I enjoyed it all the way till the end. Even though Jim Carrey usually plays more comedy kind of movies, he's really good in this movie. After the film I even felt a bit puzzled for a few moments. So really a psychology kind of movie.

Wild Hogs

8.5/10

Really the opposite to the number 23. Very good comedy where you can really laugh. One of the best comedies I've watched in a while. Great star actors like Travolta and Martin Lawrence. If you want something to make you in a good mood, I recommend this movie. You just can't stop laughing about Dudley .
frozzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:03 PM   #26
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by regele
"The Illusionist"
8.5/10

Very good movie. I really like Edward Norton, actually it's my favourite actor if I had to chose one, but I wasn't really interested in the movie... but I gave it a try... and it was indeed GREAT!!
Watch The prestige if you haven't yet, it's also about magicians, but it's even better and it'll keep you in suspense till the very end.
Prestige was a fun movie to watch, just as the Illusionist was... but I tip my hat to Illusionist for plot, and Prestige for the "Michael Cane" factor

no. 23 was awsome... typically, i think "Focus features" suck balls... but this was pretty good.

Stardust... watched it again! Great film... good to take a date on
Old 09-01-2007, 12:00 AM   #27
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
Originally Posted by novass
Transformers: 9/10 - I may have given this such a high score because I LOVE Transformers. Visuals were great, Megan Fox was hot and it was freakin Transformers!
Seriously? I wouldn't give it more then 5/10. I never liked Transformers, but after the trailers I thought I'd change my mind. The movie kinda sucked though I think. Some great, scenes but too many things like ruined it - like the sector 7 guys, the little annoying thing that turned into a boombox and generally bad story.
I grew up with Transformers, so I think that factored heavily into my decision. You can't go into a movie like this and expect Schindler's List with robots LOL I expected to see some cheesiness because I knew they were going to market more to today's kids rather than the kids that grew up with it. It was fun to watch and that was all I was expecting

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #28
regele

Very good movie, full of action. From a visual point of view is just brilliant, with all those filters and post-processing... they manage to get a red-ish athmosphere that really suits the bloody plot

8/10
Great! Now I'm the only person left in the world who hasn't watched it yet I've had it on my hard for a few weeks just wasn't in the mood for it yet.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #29
acmarttin
Regular User

Originally Posted by regele
Great! Now I'm the only person left in the world who hasn't watched it yet I've had it on my hard for a few weeks just wasn't in the mood for it yet.
I haven't seen it yet either but it's on my netflix cue. It seems like something I'd like a lot but I haven't built up the motivation to watch it yet. Even to get the jokes from that south park episode that makes fun of 300.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #30
gangajas
Regular User

Grave of the Fireflies

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095327/

Very, very, very sad movie. It shows how devastating war is. The relationship between the two brothers is really beautiful. The ending made me cry.

9,99/10
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote