Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 06-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default RIP David Carradine - "Kung Fu / Kill Bill" actor dies in Bangkok

Actor David Carradine Found Dead in Bangkok

'Kill Bill' star David Carradine found dead in Thai capital

BANGKOK June 4, 2009 (AP)
The Associated Press

The 72-year-old actor was best known for his roles in "Kung Fu" and "Kill Bill."

Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu" who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok. A news report said he was found hanged in his hotel room and was believed to have committed suicide.
A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-old actor. He said the embassy was informed by Thai authorities that Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.
The Web site of the Thai newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room.
It said Carradine was in Bangkok to shoot a movie and had been staying at the hotel since Tuesday.

The newspaper said Carradine could not be contacted after he failed to appear for a meal with the rest of the film crew on Wednesday, and that his body was found by a hotel maid at 10 a.m. Thursday morning. The name of the movie was not immediately available.
It said a preliminary police investigation found that he had hanged himself with a cord used with the room's curtains. It cited police as saying he had been dead at least 12 hours and there was no sign that he had been assaulted.

A police officer at Bangkok's Lumpini precinct station would not confirm the identity of the dead man, but said the luxury Swissotel Nai Lert Park hotel had reported that a male guest killed himself there.

Carradine was a leading member of a venerable Hollywood acting family that included his father, character actor John Carradine, and brother Keith.
In all, he appeared in more than 100 feature films with such directors as Martin Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman and Hal Ashby. One of his prominent early film roles was as singer Woody Guthrie in Ashby's 1976 biopic "Bound for Glory."
But he was best known for his role as Kwai Chang Caine, a Shaolin priest traveling the 1800s American frontier West in the TV series "Kung Fu," which aired in 1972-75.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
gigdy
Regular User

saw this b4 that hanging part was released
Old 06-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
5vz-fe
Regular User

I used to ride my bike home for lunch during highschool and watch his show. RIP

Last edited by 5vz-fe; 06-05-2009 at 01:19 AM.
5vz-fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:22 AM   #4
jagermaster
Regular User

BANGKOK (AP) — The body of American actor David Carradine, best known for the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu," was found in a hotel room closet with a rope tied to his neck and genitals, and his death may have been accidental suffocation, Thai police said Friday.
The 72-year-old actor's body was discovered Thursday in his luxury suite at Bangkok's Swissotel Nai Lert Park Hotel. Police initially said they suspected suicide, though Carradine's associates had questioned that theory.
Police Lt. Gen. Worapong Chewprecha told reporters that Carradine was found with a rope "tied around his penis and another rope around his neck."
"The two ropes were tied together," he said. "It is unclear whether he committed suicide or not or he died of suffocation or heart failure due to an orgasm."
Thai police completed an autopsy on Carradine Friday but so far have not released the results.
Dr. Nanthana Sirisap, director of Chulalongkorn Hospital's Autopsy Center, told reporters that the autopsy was conducted because of the "unusual circumstances surrounding Carradine's death," but he did not elaborate.
Police Lt. Teerapop Luanseng had said on Thursday that Carradine's body was found "naked, hanging in a closet," and that police at the time suspected suicide.
But one of Carradine's managers, Tiffany Smith of Binder & Associates, dismissed the theory.
"All we can say is, we know David would never have committed suicide," said Tiffany Smith, of Binder & Associates, his management company. "We're just waiting for them to finish the investigation and find out what really happened. He really appreciated everything life has to give ... and that's not something David would ever do to himself."
Carradine had flown to Thailand last week and began work on a film titled "Stretch" two days before his death, Smith said. He had several other projects lined up after the action film, which was being directed by Charles De Meaux.
Carradine was "in good spirits" when he left the U.S. for Thailand on May 29 to work on "Stretch," Smith said.
"David was excited to do it and excited to be a part of it," she said by phone from Beverly Hills.
Filming began Tuesday, she said, adding that the crew was devastated by Carradine's death and did not wish to speak publicly about it for the time being.
Aurelio Giraudo, the hotel's general manager, said Carradine checked into the hotel May 31 and he last saw him June 3. He said Carradine chatted with staff and even played piano a few nights in the lobby as well as flute which the "guests really enjoyed."
"I was a fan. I had a very nice talk with him when he checked in," Giraudo told The Associated Press. "He was very much a person full of life. I mentioned to him that I had seen (the movie) "Crank" with my family and that was the last smile he gave me."
Giraudo said a chambermaid discovered Carradine's body, adding that she knocked and entered after there was no response. Police arrived shortly thereafter.
Carradine, a martial arts practitioner himself, was best known for the U.S. TV series "Kung Fu," which aired from 1972-75. He played Kwai Chang Caine, an orphan who was raised by Shaolin monks and fled China after killing the emperor's nephew in retaliation for the murder of his kung fu master.
Carradine also appeared in more than 100 feature films with such directors as Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman and Hal Ashby.
He returned to the top in recent years as the title character in Quentin Tarantino's two-part saga "Kill Bill." Bill, the worldly father figure of a pack of crack assassins, was a shadowy presence in 2003's "Kill Bill — Vol. 1." In that film, one of Bill's former assassins (Uma Thurman) begins a vengeful rampage against her old associates, including Bill.
jagermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Interesting read - if it was self afflicted, why in the closet? Sounds like someone hid/moved the body after the "action scene" went horribly wrong.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:45 AM   #6
jagermaster
Regular User

now theyre sayin there's foul play, which i believe is the real case
jagermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
HeilSvenska
Regular User

I felt really sad. Now I'm just confused about the bizarre circumstances.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:16 AM   #8
Mattk
Regular User

Now, the Carradine family is seeking some FBI oversight into the Thai investigation, which itself is egtting serious. I doubt the FBI has foreign jurisdiction, but this is turning into a bit of a circus.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/5633...eks-fbis-help/
Old 06-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
pagani
Regular User

Cool

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
I felt really sad. Now I'm just confused about the bizarre circumstances.
I could be muirder

Check this out
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #10
nthfinity
Regular User

http://music.msn.com/music/article.a...2&silentchk=1&

Maybe the real conspiracy is in the timing of this "gender reassignment"... taking Caradine's legendary member?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
enzoferrari
Regular User

Rip.....