Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 03-24-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Default Only in Japan #3 - Imagine a movie about the Afghan war, but with fluffy animals

Art Spiegelman must be rolling in his future grave.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

Wow... and people have the audacity to say the west has some farged up priorities ...

But I will say, if ever I had to go to war with stuffed animals, I am gonna go with the "Fluffy Bunnies"
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
Minacious
Regular User

Good looking CG.

So it is called Cat Shit One, huh? ahahahahahahahaah!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

The poster is now my new desktop...

Catjita Wuna

Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
Mattk
Regular User

This actually looks promising, at least graphics-wise.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
RC45
Regular User

They can run this during the commercial breaks... I bet they sell like hotcakes in Japan

Old 03-25-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
CarlZ
Regular User

I wander what ppl do they think is going to watch it. Losing superpowers and adding blood isn't going to help them with pre school kids (or atleast their parents) and I can't see many other ppl who could care about bunnys shooting each other. Altho CatShitOne is very promising name.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by CarlZ View Post
I wander what ppl do they think is going to watch it. Losing superpowers and adding blood isn't going to help them with pre school kids (or atleast their parents) and I can't see many other ppl who could care about bunnys shooting each other. Altho CatShitOne is very promising name.
It's Japan. So probably for all ages.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

A little research (well, almost no research, Google hardly counts as "reserch" whe it in turn just spews back Wiki ) turned up this info... there US release of the comic was called Apocalypse Meow...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_Meow

Apocalypse Meow is a three volume manga series written and illustrated by Motofumi Kobayashi. It was originally published in Japan as Cat Shit One in 1998 by Softbank Publishing, but was renamed for the US release to parody the title of the film Apocalypse Now, which also took place during the Vietnam War. It was published in the UK in 2004 by ADV Manga. It was also released in Poland in 2006, also under the title Cat Shit One. It has been released in France, Belgium and Spain too, as Cat Shit One, by Glénat in 2006.[1]
A computer-generated anime adaptation of Cat Shit One by Studio Anima is in the works.[2] The story will, however, revolve around the Iran hostage crisis, rather than Vietnam.[3]

Plot
The manga follows three American soldiers in the Vietnam War named Bota, Perky and Rats. All three are in the recon group called Cat Shit One. Each mission (or chapter) shows the daily activities of the reconnaissance group in Vietnam. There are sections of the manga which give brief history and truths behind the war, such as the types of weapons used by different countries and the activities of forces in the war. At the end of volume one there is a chapter called Dog Shit One — separate from the main story — showing human characters.

[edit] Character depiction

The manga depicts the characters as different animals according to their nationality as follows:
Old 03-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #10
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Yeah... They got the whole Maus thing wrong.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:54 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Yeah... They got the whole Maus thing wrong.
It seems that the only thing Wiki gets right is the enforcement of copyright on images which partly explains why Wiki is so poorly illustrated .. the rest is as to be expected from a "collective body of knowledge" - it's just common stereotypes, misconceptions and popular folklore and anectdotes presented as "facts".

Sadly, this new flawed and factless revisionist history is eventually going to become the "main stream" and non-fictional research driven volume format encyclopedias will themseleves become misrepresented demons of the past