Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #31
nickthaskater

"Ferrari announces that the agreement with the driver Felipe Massa has been extended until the end of the 2008 season. Ferrari also announces that it has reached an agreement with the driver Kimi Raikkonen to cover the 2007, 2008 and 2009 racing seasons. Massa and Raikkonen will form the Scuderia's official line-up as of 2007. Luca Badoer will be the official test driver."

http://www.f1technical.net/news/3933

/is gutted that Schumacher is leaving...

Raikkonen has some Ronald McDonald-sized shoes to fill.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #32
Mattk
Regular User

2 points difference with only 3 races to go should make for a scorching season finale.
Yes! Just what I wanted. A fight to the death! Although Schumacher will probably win. The Ferraris just seem to have the edge.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #33
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Thanks for the memories Michael. You were the best driver of my generation and possibly the best of all time!!! Go out in style - win both championships
honestly, I don't think we'll see anybody touch Michael's records in our lifetimes... I could be mistaken... but what a wild trip he's taken all racing fans.

F1 will never be the same w/out him, in his Scuderia Ferrari Tifosi style. I'm very sure his family will be very glad to have so much time with him for the first time.

I must say... the commentary felt as if they were putting him out to pasture making boysterous comments such as "the old MS didn't use to make those mistakes" which is utter BS.... he's crashed out many times, he's locked up many times since his F1 debut. He's not perfect 100% of the time... but he is very fast most of the time...

I do wonder if he'll make a return in some time... but i doubt it.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #34
sameerrao
Regular User

^ I doubt it too ... To him racing in another class would be a step down with lots to risk and not too much reward. At least that would be his frame of mind now. But after a break of 3 years or so - he might be itching to do some form of racing - like DTM or something like Mika. But the probabilities are low.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #35
xecutioner
Regular User

great win by him in the race

he totally owned it from the 1st pit stop

poor poor alonso lol

but

i would a loved to see schui with kimmi next year

prob the best driver i have seen and i cant see anyone comin close to wat he has done for f1 again

god damn l'll miss watchin him in f1

ive enjoyed watchin him drive past infront of me live in the last 10 years at the melb f1

the pic in my avarta is the last look i have had of hes car in person

sad day in f1 for most ppl
Old 09-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #36
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Well, Micheal to me is the Greatest of All Time. And by that mean technical driver. I dont think anyone knows "the car" better then Micheal. Once he is strapped in, he is a machine. In my opinion, not trying to start "who is the best" argument.

He very well might take the 8th Championship. Which is rediculous.

We will tell our kids about this guy...Prolly one of the few athletes of our time thats worth mentioning in 50 years. And Lance, I cant think of anyone else.

And Kimi one of my favorite drivers @ Ferrari. How cool is that
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #37
gucom
Regular User

wow amazing race and an even more amazing 3 races ahead possibly...
was VERY, VERY weird to see him say goodbye, i grew up watching F1 with him being the "big guy", sort of the king of F1, i dont think ive ever seen a race without him (except when he broke his legs ofcourse)...

Like SFD said, he's 1 of those guys i'll tell my kids about later, 1 of the biggest legends ever in (motor)sports... indeed, wit hthe exception of lance i cant really think of any other "current" sportsman that'll be remembered like he will. Maybe roger federer will some day grow out to be such a dominating person in tennis...
Old 09-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #38
xecutioner
Regular User

there apparently sayin he made up hes mind in july but i do agree that he so didnt wanna retire

btw wats wrong with flavio

hes lost hes mind

MONZA, Italy, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Renault team boss Flavio Briatore compared Formula One to Italian soccer's match-fixing scandal and said that the outcome of the championship had been decided "around a table".
Old 09-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #39
nickthaskater

Unless someone held a gun to Fonz's head telling him to push the engine as hard as he did today, then the outcome is their own fault. No different than Schumacher trying to hold onto position in Hungary instead of just focusing on damage control and taking the top-5. Lord knows how much flak he recieved over that move...
Old 09-10-2006, 01:14 PM   #40
TopGearNL
Regular User

Im so glad that Spyker Formula 1 is a fact now. They are going to sell shares on the stock market over here, so Ive heard. I might buy some

After MS press announcement this race I want him even more to get that 8th World Championship. Surely that won't be beaten ever again, if so I will be very surprised!

He said that he'll still be active with Ferrari in F1, maybe he will take over from Jean Todt, who knows?

Anyway, Said to see MS go, but we could have expected it.

Thanks Micheal for all the great moments and other tributes/records you brought to F1
Old 09-10-2006, 01:15 PM   #41
5vz-fe
Regular User

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_...489316,00.html

"I think one per cent of people here will be happy today - those who yesterday decided the race. I hope they sleep well tonight."

Yep, he speaks what he thinks alright.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:36 PM   #42
SFDMALEX
Regular User

oh my "dislike" for Alonso is getting stronge by day.

Wait till Kimi ripps him a 4th asshole next season.

He was born with an asshole. Flavio gave him another one. Schumi is gonna rip him a 3rd one, and Kimi will give him the 4th one.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:39 PM   #43
5vz-fe
Regular User

^LOL!!!!!

Alonso aside, BMW's performance is quite impressive. Kubica made him self famous today by snatching 3rd for BMW's first season.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #44
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
He was born with an asshole. Flavio gave him another one. Schumi is gonna rip him a 3rd one, and Kimi will give him the 4th one.
rofl @ ^ and at the grumpy Alonso pic :roflmao:
Old 09-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #45
yellky
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
exactly what kubica had when he was a test driver .... he was on the top of the board aswell .... and now just look at his GP performance in the previous races .... if he dose the best drive of his life . he'd end up in 6th place .....
yeah, say that again