Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-21-2005, 12:07 AM   #16
Max Power

why don't u tape it...
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 01:06 AM   #17
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
man no way am I waiking up at 8am tomorrow.......no Turkey GP for me...
lol, your not DIE HARD, I have been up for every race this year , and 8am isn't the bad, you see the other races
Old 08-21-2005, 10:43 AM   #18
leo_26782
Regular User

Montloya didn't only passed Monteiro, but he also bracked right in front of him!!!
Congrat to McLaren, they had the best car, and Kimi made a great race. Just keep going like that and winning the manufacturers championship is more than a possiblity.

Concerning Schumi: nothing to say apart from a very disapointing spirit: if you give up: give up! Don't come back 10 laps later to make sure you're not the first one for the qualification on the next race. :x
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 12:45 PM   #19
McLarenboy

JEZUS CHRIST, how much luck can a guy get. To get a break here and there is understandable but almost every single race is getting rediculous.

Alonso still has a lot to prove, for me he impressed me the most when he was driving for Minardi. I doubt the guy has the skills to work his way up in a race by passing other drivers.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:00 PM   #20
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i fell asleep before Monty apparently cut off Monteiro and didn't wake up until the interview after the race

It's obvious Renault has some kind of team order in place, though it may be just as simple as don't race each other (to avoid teammates removing eachother from the race) which is why Alonso had to wait for permission to pass.

What the hell went flying across the track at the start of the race? It looked like someone's front wing but i didn't hear any mention of it nor did i see anyone pit for a nose cone replacement

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 07:15 PM   #21
5vz-fe
Regular User

After today, I think there will be a higher chance of Williams switching to Bridgestone. 4 tire faliure?? That gotta be a record or something
Old 08-21-2005, 07:28 PM   #22
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
After today, I think there will be a higher chance of Williams switching to Bridgestone. 4 tire faliure?? That gotta be a record or something
They said something about the inside of the tire rubbing on the end plate of the wing. Notice how no one else had issues with their tires?

Old 08-21-2005, 09:05 PM   #23
5vz-fe
Regular User

^Oh did they have a new aero package for this race??
Old 08-21-2005, 10:15 PM   #24
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
man no way am I waiking up at 8am tomorrow.......no Turkey GP for me...
lol, your not DIE HARD, I have been up for every race this year , and 8am isn't the bad, you see the other races
I just cant man, if I do Ill fall asleep.

I had to wake up early for work Saturday, and I went to sleep at 3am Sunday morning, no way could I have woke up at 8am man
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:00 PM   #25
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
^Oh did they have a new aero package for this race??
I didn't hear anything about it, but that's not an impossibilty.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:22 PM   #26
styla21
Regular User

^^Not a whole new package, but some modifiations.. viewed here: http://www.formula1.com/race/technic...s/745/179.html

However i'm confused by this, because surely an aero package is symetrical, yet the tyres were only the right rears? There must be some head scratching going on
Old 08-21-2005, 11:28 PM   #27
5vz-fe
Regular User

^Thanks for the info styla21. As for your question, I think they only rub during high load corners, and my guess is they are all hard lefts.

Things like this would surely be picked up during testing :roll: wonder what happen there.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:28 PM   #28
ZfrkS62
Regular User

the loading on the wing had to have been pushing it to the right. most of the turns were lefthanders which caused all the lateral G;s to go to the right, including the side force on the rear wing

Old 08-21-2005, 11:38 PM   #29
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
the loading on the wing had to have been pushing it to the right. most of the turns were lefthanders which caused all the lateral G;s to go to the right, including the side force on the rear wing
Z i admit getting confused by physics quite easily.. But a left handed corner (which turkey is 75% made up of); wouldn't it "lift" the car off the right hand side of the car and thus the wheels? - This would likely put more stress on the left side (and left tyres?), which completely contradicts what occured with the Williams.
I don't understand how a left-handed corner puts load on the right hand side of the car. ops:
Regardless - their problem must be something obvious to occur 5 times. ops:
Old 08-21-2005, 11:49 PM   #30
5vz-fe
Regular User

Think sagging rear when u step on the accelerator from a dead stop. Only now you are turning left from a dead straight.