Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-10-2005, 08:46 AM   #16
SFDMALEX
Regular User

This dick head Trulli should be banned from the sport,,,,,,my god man.......and that hair of his.....
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:20 AM   #17
Robbo
Regular User

Trulli ruined the race for me, Kimi would have been right up there and Michael wouldn't have been where he was either. I thought it was going to be Kimis day after the SC but getting stuck behind Trulli :x . Still taking nothing away from Montoya he drove a very good race. Anyone care to enlighten me on RB's 3 stop strategy? :roll: It hardly really help MS so in the end it screwed them both up, if their intent was to get MS points which is the only thing I can think of.
Robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #18
sameerrao
Regular User

Good job Montoya!!!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:21 PM   #19
5vz-fe
Regular User

30 secs behind Button, that really say something.................. I guess this is defines the point of no return for 2005. Hugely disappointed.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:25 PM   #20
dingo
Regular User

Yes great to see Montoya getting his first win with McLaren - I just love his style of racing/driving (i.e. more entertaining then most). The move on Alonso in the first few corners was brilliant, and if he hadn't I'm sure Alonso would've won.

Another great fight through the field for Kimi - would have been nice to see him start 2nd and get involved more in the battle.

Schumi.....what can I say?

Not a bad race really......look forward to the next one.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:48 PM   #21
5vz-fe
Regular User

u can say Schumi...how come your car sux so bad
Old 07-10-2005, 08:54 PM   #22
ZfrkS62
Regular User

What is Ferrari's problem this year? Has Bridgestone failed them that badly? or is it something else? Neither Schumi or Barrichello can find anything in the car to get them up the the front. And oddly enough, it seems like i can see the Ferrari's hitting their limit during the race, which is something i am definetly saddend by.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:44 PM   #23
5vz-fe
Regular User

I don't think Alonso cares that much...as long as he grew another 2 points on Kimi. Mclaren's engine is definitely piece of shit......breaking @ every race.

Ferrari's clearly in deep shit tho, Schumi is 1 sec + down on Kimi's fastest lap, 30 secs behind Button at the finish. I really doubt they will do good at Germany. It really seems like they are putting all their effor on next year's car. bye bye 05 Championship.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:30 AM   #24
kksh
Regular User

Although there were all the hype of Ferrari being back and all, I never bought into it. It's not just the tyres. They just didn't have the pace. But still, it was surprising to see how fast MS was in Imola. But other than that, he hasn't shown any brilliance at all.

Great too see JPM win but can't feel sorry enough for Kimi. Without that engine change, he would have won. let' just hope and pray for Germany. Should be a great fight.

Again, what's up with Trulli? Is his car set up for qualifying only like Martin Brundle said? He's ruining the race of alot of people. He should try to find some race pace.

Goddamnit...
An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars.
Advertising has us chasing cars, megapixel cellphones and clothes.
Working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
We're the middle children of history, man...
No purpose or place.
We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives.
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars.
But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact.
And we're very, very pissed off
kksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:11 AM   #25
jenkF1
Regular User

Theres rumours in the paddock that Ferrari's lack of pace isnt just mainly Bridgestone related.

Apparently in the development of the new chassis Ferrari didnt spot some sort of loop hole around the new aero regs when more or less everyone at the top did. (says some ITV source so if you believe it or not its up to you)

If this is true, tis going to hit Ferrari hard cus Ferrari chassis rely heavily on there predercessors. They like to evolve and not innovate from scratch making last years successful chassis lighter and stiffer, more sculptured and comply with the new regs.

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:28 AM   #26
graywolf624
Regular User

^^I have to disagree with your evolve statement.
Just remembering how much of a dog the ferrari chasis was compared to now when Schumacher first arrived on the scene.

I think its very clearly a tire issue.. Why..
The ferraris are running great times, they just arent doing it consistantly. That speaks to me that either the engine isnt gettting to peak operating condition or the tires arent working the entire time..
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #27
jenkF1
Regular User

When I meant evolution i meant there hasnt been anything major since the 2001 season, when Ferrari got into there winning ways.

Old 07-16-2005, 11:56 AM   #28
graywolf624
Regular User

So you assume because they took the attitude if it isn't broke don't fix it that somehow if it is broke they arent willing to go radical?
Old 07-16-2005, 01:30 PM   #29
jenkF1
Regular User

No but going radical is risky and takes time to develop properly unless some genius has a brainwave overnight. There going to have to do something radical

Old 07-16-2005, 01:34 PM   #30
graywolf624
Regular User

Given the budget of an f1 team, they certainly can afford to hire geniuses and I wouldnt be suprised if several of the engineers are.

Give it time.. F1 seems to go in dynasty spirts, but none of the dynasties last forever.