Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-12-2004, 01:25 PM   #16
mindgam3
Regular User

i haven't seen the race or quali.... i've seen the results and am gonna try n catch up on itv tonight. I would've made a quali/race review post but i wasnt at home. I thought my mod date ended on the 11th though?
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 01:25 PM   #17
yg60m
Regular User

Incredible work from both Scuderia Ferrari and the drivers Barrichello and Schumacher !!! And i am not really a fan of the SF or Schumacher but i have to say that even when it seems to be in a bad way for them they win :shock:
Old 09-12-2004, 01:39 PM   #18
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I really wanted Alonso to finish the race. All three of those marshals are lucky they didn't get punched put becasue they deserved it. You don't fuck with someone's race like that. I can understand why they didnt puch him out immediatley because of the traffic, but when the gap came up, they had a perfect opportunity. All three of the should be banned by the FIA from working a F1 race ever again. :x

on a funnier note, while itv was transmitting footage of Ross Brawn eating the bannana at the Hungarian GP to SPEED Channel here in the US, the Speed commentators (Steve Matchet and David Hobbs[sp?]) were saying that, as they understand it, the Ferrari mechanics can guage is stress level now by the amount of bannanas RB eats during a race. If this is true RB must have been wishing for a whole bannana tree during the first stint of the race

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 02:09 PM   #19
HoboPie
Regular User

The point when Rubens came out of the final pitstop and Michael was passing Button at the exact same time was amazing. Perhaps not the most exciting thing in the race in terms of F1 cars driving, but it was the climax of what was an historic come back.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:57 PM   #20
nthfinity
Regular User

god... does anybody have this race ripped? i feel so crappy for missing out on quite possibly the best race of the season! (no speed channel )
Old 09-12-2004, 10:09 PM   #21
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
god... does anybody have this race ripped? i feel so crappy for missing out on quite possibly the best race of the season! (no speed channel )
I wouldn't say the best of the season (that was Monaco imo) but it was very good.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:53 PM   #22
callen
Regular User

i just finished watching the race on speed replay, and WOW what can i say but Ferrari is unstoppable. For micheal to have gone from 15th to 2nd, unbelievable, some fantastic racing from reubens as well, finally he wins at monza! not only do they have the best cars on the grid, IMO they are the two best drivers out there as well(some are close in skill to ruebens, but schumi is head and shoulders above the competition as he proved today against all odds)
Old 09-12-2004, 11:16 PM   #23
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Have faith on Jabba

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 01:50 AM   #24
chipanggo
Regular User

having wriiten the ferrari's off at the first part of the race, i was really surprised at the way they clawed back to take the 1-2. truly an amazing race for the scuderia. kudos to rubens and michael. for me, the best race so far this season.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:27 AM   #25
5vz-fe
Regular User

Rubens totally deserve the win, beating Schumi by 3 tenths on fastest lap.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:53 AM   #26
SilviaEvo
Regular User

this was like the only F1 race ive ever watched.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:15 AM   #27
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe

Rubens totally deserve the win, beating Schumi by 3 tenths on fastest lap.
True.... he was great but keep in mind that this lap was done during his short fill stage .. so he would have been on lighter and fresher tires.

Michael was driving nearly as hard but for a longer period of time to close within one second - he was quite far behind...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 04:00 AM   #28
dingo
Regular User

A great race for sure, I knew it would be once the Ferrari's were back in the pack. i didn't ever imagine it would finish up a Ferrari 1-2 though, they are just unstoppable. I like MS comments in the post race interview about the first turn 'incident' where he got past Montoya.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:03 AM   #29
noosee
Regular User

Very interesting race it was.
I guess it would not be this good if Shumi would not spin & Rubens would start with summer tires.
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 10:00 AM   #30
sau_mathur
Regular User

unbelievably awesome race...what a champion schumi is..i mean did u hear ROn Dennis himself on the commentary with itv (he came on for a little while) saud that it wud be a miracle if schumi gets into the podium.....and he did..what a dude..!!
sau_mathur is offline   Reply With Quote