Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-26-2005, 06:44 AM   #31
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

All you talk about the lucky of Fernando, but you know the Renault was the best car at the beginning of the championship, then the McLaren become the best, but it doesnt have fiability... Ive heard from Pedro de la Rosa ( McLaren team) that Kimi uses the qualifiying program to run the race ( more power, gas etc...)... maybe thats the cause of breaking... but there we have Montoya coming from 20 to 2, and he doesnt breaks...
Last year Fernando had several problems with engine...

Alonso has several points of advantage (even in the begining of the championship ( after San Marino he had 26 points over Schumi and 29 over kimi)), that makes kimi go upon the limit and we all know what happens when you push upon the limit...

Today Raikkonen has the fastest car of the F1 champ, but it doesnt has fiability for him....Montoya dont breaks and its the same car....

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
And I that can't stand that damn thing he does with his fingers.
Counting the wins of this season...

BTW Fernando knew Raikonnen in the Karts when they were younger... Alonso owned him so... i dont think its only lucky...
Old 07-26-2005, 09:36 AM   #32
|Nuno|
Regular User

And I that can't stand that damn thing he does with his fingers.
Counting the wins of this season...
No shit, Sherlock.

Mind you, I don't have anything against him celebrating his victories (it's his right, after all); but for some reason, the fingers thing annoys me...

I actually like(d) Alonso, but he got a bit too cocky for my taste, this season.

And by the way, I don't think it's just luck - he might not be as fast as Kimi, but he THINKS. Kimi sometimes doesn't, he just drives the car and the results, well... I mean, was it really necessary to push so much on Sunday...? With that said, I'd much prefer Kimi to win the WDC, but now it's impossible...

But one thing that annoys me even more than Alonso's fingers is Briatore and Alonso together... The way they celebrate... It seems like they're always searching for a camera - such a theater. And then it's the way they act and talk - that "I'm better than you" attitute.

It's like Ronin said, when Ferrari won they didn't rub it in everyone's face, and now that they're losing, they don't make up excuses... Renault, on the other hand... If you guys remember, right after Imola, when Ferrari was uber fast, Briatore started complaining about Ferrari testing too much and even said that they're victories would be "hollow"... :roll:
Old 07-27-2005, 06:26 AM   #33
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

i dont know you but if i were alonso i would have celebrate it like he did... Its a huge step for the Championship !!...
Old 07-27-2005, 06:40 AM   #34
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

The only reason he wins is because of others peoples mis fortunes, and when he did get pushed by Micheal he drove as defencive as one can.
I agree with most of your points, but give him credit where it is due. I think his continual front row qualifying efforts might have something to do with his good results, not just others not finishing.

He is a good driver and with Kimi and Michael makes up the top 3 IMO - but his attitude does stink.