Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-11-2006, 09:13 AM   #61
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by SCarrier11
JOLIET, Ill. -- Why would Juan Pablo Montoya trade Monte Carlo and Melbourne for Darlington and Martinsville -- and likely take a pay cut in the process? Montoya, who won the Indianapolis 500 in 2000, will try to translate his open-wheel success to NASCAR.

The Formula One star said he's looking for a more enjoyable atmosphere and a new racing challenge, and thinks he'll find it in NASCAR next year.

"It's not how many millions you're making or how much money you're making," Montoya said at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday. "It's a matter of, three years down the line, are you going to be excited at what you're doing or not? And three years down the line, when I look at my career, I'll be a lot happier doing this."
Says likely - not will.. so it is just as unlikely he will - NASCAR has no salary caps and in fact most all NASCAR payouts (salary, endorsements and contingency monies) are kept very confidential.

It is said only the Team Owners, Drivers and the IRS know the enormous amount these guys collect in total...
you were wrong so just give it up and move on ... but i highly doubt you will
Wrong how?

He is going to bank more money now than when he drove F1.

No matter what he says ..

Time will prove me correct - but if you guys want to believe you have the real facts knock yoursleves out.

Lets talk again in 1 years time
RC, seriously, just knock it off. Your knack for arguing BS is starting to annoy me.
Annoy you? So? Like you are God and get to choose what gets posted and what does not.

It is nice how every single time clowns like you have a "different" opinion, then anyone esle with an opposing opinion should just shut up and go away.

Well screw you chum. You are starting to annoy me. (see I can throw stones just like you do)

For final evidence click on this link: http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...10093141.shtml
Montoya will take a pay cut to leave F1 and return to his former boss...
No do us all a favor and STOP!
Kiss my arse.

He is going to end up taking home more total pay than when he did as an F1 driver. Bring this topic back in one year and you will see I, not you, was right

Besides that - you and your posse still ahven't proven that on average, NASCAR drivers don't earn more than F1 drivers.

But I guess this is where we learn that only your opinion counts.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #62
nthfinity
Regular User

Besides that - you and your posse still ahven't proven that on average, NASCAR drivers don't earn more than F1 drivers.

well....

there are many more then 33 drivers in Nascar's various cups... so the average may be lower.

but the good, and established drivers... like Montoya will definately not come cheap as a driver... and you can bet that he is going to be of a different class then the existing drivers; and take home more then the 40th place prize money.

look at how many races there are.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:31 AM   #63
RC45
Regular User

Well - there are lies, damned lies and statistics right ... so the average, vs on average may be the killer here..

But heres a little bit that maybe helps show where the "lesser" F1 drivers may lose out a little...

By Associated Press
Published December 3, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK - Tony Stewart's best year in NASCAR's Nextel Cup series reached the bottom line Friday, with the two-time champion setting a record for single-season earnings.

He picked up $6,173,633 from the points fund set up by series sponsor Nextel and NASCAR, and added $517,000 in contingency awards from sponsors. Combined with prize money earned during the 36-race season, Stewart's total of $13,578,168 breaks the previous mark of $10,979,757 by Jeff Gordon in 2001.
I amreading into this that outside of negotiated salary Tony Stewart pocketed $13,000,000 for the 2005 season. Does F1 actually have a winners purse that gets paid out? Or are they just stuck with salaries and private negotiated endorsements?

Anywhooo - enough of this chin-wagging chitter chatter, if the aweful news about JC is true, we have a lot of work to do, to get the next season of Top gear wrapped up without him...
Old 07-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #64
nickthaskater

Formula 1 does indeed have a payout for races outside of the actual salaries, though the values of said payouts are closely guarded.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #65
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
Formula 1 does indeed have a payout for races outside of the actual salaries, though the values of said payouts are closely guarded.
So they could be as little as $1000 and and high as $1000,000.

Yet another "secret slush fund" to add to the mystery...
Old 07-11-2006, 11:07 AM   #66
5vz-fe
Regular User

Planet F1 really hates schumi ...

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_...327085,00.html
Old 07-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #67
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Well it was obvious for me as soon as he decided to go NASCAR, well I hope he has a successful campaign and good luck to pedro who should know the better than anyone.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #68
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
lol... Oh well, they only have to wait until September at the very latest to find out what Schu is going to do.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #69
ferrari550
Regular User

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=171043
Old 07-11-2006, 01:17 PM   #70
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by ferrari550
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=171043
Posted in the F1 News thread already
Old 07-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #71
ZfrkS62
Regular User

hehehehe

More crashes are now guaranteed in NASCAR I might start watching it again if this is all true Only way to assure even more wrecks: Sign Takuma Sato over too

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:51 AM   #72
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
hehehehe

More crashes are now guaranteed in NASCAR I might start watching it again if this is all true Only way to assure even more wrecks: Sign Takuma Sato over too
Don't count Ide out
Old 07-12-2006, 12:55 AM   #73
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Ooh 3 for 1 deal? Who does F1 get OOH I know!!! Boris Said

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:59 AM   #74
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

JOLIET, Ill. -- Why would Juan Pablo Montoya trade Monte Carlo and Melbourne for Darlington and Martinsville -- and likely take a pay cut in the process? Montoya, who won the Indianapolis 500 in 2000, will try to translate his open-wheel success to NASCAR.

The Formula One star said he's looking for a more enjoyable atmosphere and a new racing challenge, and thinks he'll find it in NASCAR next year.

"It's not how many millions you're making or how much money you're making," Montoya said at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday. "It's a matter of, three years down the line, are you going to be excited at what you're doing or not? And three years down the line, when I look at my career, I'll be a lot happier doing this."
Says likely - not will.. so it is just as unlikely he will - NASCAR has no salary caps and in fact most all NASCAR payouts (salary, endorsements and contingency monies) are kept very confidential.

It is said only the Team Owners, Drivers and the IRS know the enormous amount these guys collect in total...
you were wrong so just give it up and move on ... but i highly doubt you will
Wrong how?

He is going to bank more money now than when he drove F1.

No matter what he says ..

Time will prove me correct - but if you guys want to believe you have the real facts knock yoursleves out.

Lets talk again in 1 years time
RC, seriously, just knock it off. Your knack for arguing BS is starting to annoy me.
Annoy you? So? Like you are God and get to choose what gets posted and what does not.

It is nice how every single time clowns like you have a "different" opinion, then anyone esle with an opposing opinion should just shut up and go away.

Well screw you chum. You are starting to annoy me. (see I can throw stones just like you do)

For final evidence click on this link: http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...10093141.shtml
No do us all a favor and STOP!
Kiss my arse.

He is going to end up taking home more total pay than when he did as an F1 driver. Bring this topic back in one year and you will see I, not you, was right

You see, its not that my opinion is right, per se, but the reportings of a credible source that are. Now give me a reason why I should believe you, an enthusiast, rather than a news agency, whos job it is to find out about things such as this.

Really, the next time you start a debate, try using arguments that are substantiated by facts rather than your own intuition and leaving out your constant red herrings.

Edit: Please show me one post in which I ever suggested that the average wage of an F1 driver compared to a NASCAR driver is higher.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:43 AM   #75
RC45
Regular User

You see, its not that my opinion is right, per se, but the reportings of a credible source that are. Now give me a reason why I should believe you, an enthusiast, rather than a news agency, whos job it is to find out about things such as this.
No chum - you tell me why you should not? How do YOU know my opinion is no less valid than your "credible" sources opinion?

Afterall, your "credible source" provided no documentary proof of thier opinion that he will make less money other than "passing comments".

Really, the next time you start a debate, try using arguments that are substantiated by facts rather than your own intuition and leaving out your constant red herrings.
I didn't start anything, I simply offered an opinion that says he will make more money in NASCAR than F1... this then pissed you off because you choose not to believe it.

Seems like you have the problem with my opinion, not the other way rond ..

Edit: Please show me one post in which I ever suggested that the average wage of an F1 driver compared to a NASCAR driver is higher.
Well - this one comes to mind...

..but then again, I don't think I individually singled you out as the only source for this nonsense, I addressed your entire side of the table

Does it bother you that much that I choose to have an opposing opinion to you and your crew?

How shallow