Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-10-2006, 06:22 AM   #46
nickthaskater

He's won 7 races in F1, which is a lot more than a lot of other racers who have gone on to retire can claim. Maybe he's just grown tired of F1's racing style, and constant long distance travelling? Who knows.

As for him moving to a series that's 5 levels below F1, funny you say that, because even JPM has repeatedly said he is facing a learning curve and doesn't expect to do well for a while. If it really was as below him as you say nej, he should be going into it with full confidence and nail a few wins right off the bat, something he doesn't seem to see happening.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:29 AM   #47
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
He's won 7 races in F1, which is a lot more than a lot of other racers who have gone on to retire can claim. Maybe he's just grown tired of F1's racing style, and constant long distance travelling? Who knows.

As for him moving to a series that's 5 levels below F1, funny you say that, because even JPM has repeatedly said he is facing a learning curve and doesn't expect to do well for a while. If it really was as below him as you say nej, he should be going into it with full confidence and nail a few wins right off the bat, something he doesn't seem to see happening.
Whats your point? Of course it'll take some time for him to get used to the different driving style, but again, this doesn't change the fact that NASCAR ie. the sport that takes left turns all day, is incomparable with F1 in both the technological aspects and the driving skills required of the sport.

And for further reference, my name is Nejc
Old 07-10-2006, 06:36 AM   #48
nickthaskater

So if they're incomparable, how is NASCAR 5 levels down from F1? Saying NASCAR is a step down from F1 is comparing them, so nice contradiction Nejc.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:43 AM   #49
saadie
Regular User

nascar is only interesting when somebody crashes ....
only then i have a smile on my face ....
but hey .... all he crashes are nearly the same .... hah ..
nascar is crap .....
Old 07-10-2006, 06:50 AM   #50
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

So if they're incomparable, how is NASCAR 5 levels down from F1? Saying NASCAR is a step down from F1 is comparing them, so nice contradiction Nejc.
Uhhhh..... alright...... no need to get all up in a bunch :roll:

Of course you can compare them, as they're both motor sports. Just like I can compare a 5 star restaurant with Pizza hut. You get my drift?
Old 07-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #51
jenkF1
Regular User

Let alone the money wasted on repaırıng hıs battered wrecks.

I think the sport has lost a great character. But the truth is stock car racing will definetly suıt his style- f1 is not a contact sport unless you want to lose a wheel.

It still sucks ass though

What does my head in is monty has always said he dreamed of being in f1 since a child and he has fufilled that. Has the media criticism and McLaren pressure pushed him over the edge? If he leaves now he leaves on a lull of being outclassed by Kimi and I think he had a lot more to prove :x :x

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #52
sameerrao
Regular User

Seems like a good coup for Nascar!!! I think JPM will like the rubbing fenders and wheel to wheel action.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:20 AM   #53
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Facts? You just admit to assuming and forming an opinoin.

Your "facts" are no more "fact" than ,my "facts".

I highly doubt that Formula 1 drivers on average - on average - on average earn more than NASCAR drivers do on average.

Salary schmalary.

You just feel the need to defend Formula 1 because you hate NASCAR so much
The facts I was referring to would clearly be the salaries I listed you daft old fart.

And once again, if you would get off your bitter horse and learn to read, you would know that I rather enjoy NASCAR. I have been a NASCAR fan long before I was ever introduced to Formula 1 as a matter of fact. I grew up in a NASCAR-loving household, have been to several Cup races, and have quite a bit of memorabilia.

You really should have just stuck to your speech about closing the window, it would've done a lot more good than coming back and trying to 'win' an e-argument.
Now you like NASCAR?

Make up your mind man - but it seems you still like F1 more.. I mean unless your facts are all wrong.

Oh - and it looks like you are tangling with everyone else in this thread as well.

*close*
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #54
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Good for him now McLaren can hire the services of Gary Paffett or Lewis Hamilton, two very promising racers. I can't think why anyone would leave F1 sure maybe he never enjoyed his time at macca but he said he had other offers. Bemusing, here we have dozens of drivers trying to enter and he monty is walking out through his own decision.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #55
nickthaskater

Now you like NASCAR?

Make up your mind man - but it seems you still like F1 more.. I mean unless your facts are all wrong.

Oh - and it looks like you are tangling with everyone else in this thread as well.

*close*
'Now' I like NASCAR'? I have never not liked NASCAR, and nowhere in this thread, or anywhere on this website for that matter, have I ever stated otherwise. And make up my mind? About what? I haven't posted anything to indicate my mind wasn't made up about anything I've said.

Lets hope you keep it closed this time, though feel free to come back after you learn how to read.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #56
SCarrier11
Regular User

Originally Posted by SCarrier11
JOLIET, Ill. -- Why would Juan Pablo Montoya trade Monte Carlo and Melbourne for Darlington and Martinsville -- and likely take a pay cut in the process? Montoya, who won the Indianapolis 500 in 2000, will try to translate his open-wheel success to NASCAR.

The Formula One star said he's looking for a more enjoyable atmosphere and a new racing challenge, and thinks he'll find it in NASCAR next year.

"It's not how many millions you're making or how much money you're making," Montoya said at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday. "It's a matter of, three years down the line, are you going to be excited at what you're doing or not? And three years down the line, when I look at my career, I'll be a lot happier doing this."
Says likely - not will.. so it is just as unlikely he will - NASCAR has no salary caps and in fact most all NASCAR payouts (salary, endorsements and contingency monies) are kept very confidential.

It is said only the Team Owners, Drivers and the IRS know the enormous amount these guys collect in total...
you were wrong so just give it up and move on ... but i highly doubt you will
SCarrier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:22 PM   #57
RC45
Regular User

JOLIET, Ill. -- Why would Juan Pablo Montoya trade Monte Carlo and Melbourne for Darlington and Martinsville -- and likely take a pay cut in the process? Montoya, who won the Indianapolis 500 in 2000, will try to translate his open-wheel success to NASCAR.

The Formula One star said he's looking for a more enjoyable atmosphere and a new racing challenge, and thinks he'll find it in NASCAR next year.

"It's not how many millions you're making or how much money you're making," Montoya said at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday. "It's a matter of, three years down the line, are you going to be excited at what you're doing or not? And three years down the line, when I look at my career, I'll be a lot happier doing this."
Says likely - not will.. so it is just as unlikely he will - NASCAR has no salary caps and in fact most all NASCAR payouts (salary, endorsements and contingency monies) are kept very confidential.

It is said only the Team Owners, Drivers and the IRS know the enormous amount these guys collect in total...
Wrong how?

He is going to bank more money now than when he drove F1.

No matter what he says ..

Time will prove me correct - but if you guys want to believe you have the real facts knock yoursleves out.

Lets talk again in 1 years time
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:41 AM   #58
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Wrong how?

He is going to bank more money now than when he drove F1.

No matter what he says ..

Time will prove me correct - but if you guys want to believe you have the real facts knock yoursleves out.

Lets talk again in 1 years time
RC, seriously, just knock it off. Your knack for arguing BS is starting to annoy me.

For final evidence click on this link: http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...10093141.shtml
Montoya will take a pay cut to leave F1 and return to his former boss...
No do us all a favor and STOP!
Old 07-11-2006, 07:03 AM   #59
yg60m
Regular User

Last news, I heard on radio that he won't drive in the next GP (France) and will be replaced by Pedro De La Rosa :shock:
Old 07-11-2006, 07:32 AM   #60
nickthaskater

Yea I posted an article a couple hours ago in the F1 News thread about that actually. JPM and McLaren mutually agreed to end his contract immediately, and Pedro is taking over his seat for the rest of the season starting this weekend at Magny-Cours.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote