Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2006, 02:14 AM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SCarrier11
JOLIET, Ill. -- Why would Juan Pablo Montoya trade Monte Carlo and Melbourne for Darlington and Martinsville -- and likely take a pay cut in the process? Montoya, who won the Indianapolis 500 in 2000, will try to translate his open-wheel success to NASCAR.

The Formula One star said he's looking for a more enjoyable atmosphere and a new racing challenge, and thinks he'll find it in NASCAR next year.

"It's not how many millions you're making or how much money you're making," Montoya said at Chicagoland Speedway on Sunday. "It's a matter of, three years down the line, are you going to be excited at what you're doing or not? And three years down the line, when I look at my career, I'll be a lot happier doing this."
Says likely - not will.. so it is just as unlikely he will - NASCAR has no salary caps and in fact most all NASCAR payouts (salary, endorsements and contingency monies) are kept very confidential.

It is said only the Team Owners, Drivers and the IRS know the enormous amount these guys collect in total...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote