Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 06-26-2005, 06:04 PM   #16
TransAm
Regular User

A friend of mine bought a used Focus SVT a couple of years ago. It had horrible 'swish' decals along the side of the body, they were maybe a metre long...we used to take the piss out of him constantly, even though he's really not into cars nor is he a ricer!

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:01 PM   #17
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
Can you spell "rice" ?

Decals are just not done! I mean it, I'll laugh at you, and I think I'm not the only one!
Keep a car clean! Put all the parts on it that you want, but don't give away what you have so easely! Understatement rules, never forget that!

Besides; Brembo, Koni, Pioneer, Pirelli, ... doesn't mean shit! For all I know you could have stock brake pads from Brembo, basic Koni coils, whatever... It's not because of a certain make, that you have real performance parts.
And if you lose to someone you'll look like an idiot, that I can give you on a piece of paper!

btw, scared of heigths, LOL! Idiots, you could even get over a speedbump faster then granny does in her Lada! I don't think that's impressive! That's just being an attention whore!

That's what the entire decal thing is all about, attention whores...
"Look what I've got, and yeah that extra plastic and stickers on my car gives me 500bhp more and I get trough a corner faster then a F1 car, really no shit, my car goes, it's way better then all those race cars". And then they get beaten by a stock Citroen 2CV or Smart because they can't even take a speedbump :roll:
OK Vinyls aren't always a bad thing like if your ride is sponsored or like when I get my VDub I will put a small DubWerks vinyl in the side window to support a local shop etc... Also black vinyls along the bottom of a black car aren't bad if the car is modded to piss and has something to back it up.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:46 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
Can you spell "rice" ?

Decals are just not done! I mean it, I'll laugh at you, and I think I'm not the only one!
Keep a car clean! Put all the parts on it that you want, but don't give away what you have so easely! Understatement rules, never forget that!

Besides; Brembo, Koni, Pioneer, Pirelli, ... doesn't mean shit! For all I know you could have stock brake pads from Brembo, basic Koni coils, whatever... It's not because of a certain make, that you have real performance parts.
And if you lose to someone you'll look like an idiot, that I can give you on a piece of paper!

btw, scared of heigths, LOL! Idiots, you could even get over a speedbump faster then granny does in her Lada! I don't think that's impressive! That's just being an attention whore!

That's what the entire decal thing is all about, attention whores...
"Look what I've got, and yeah that extra plastic and stickers on my car gives me 500bhp more and I get trough a corner faster then a F1 car, really no shit, my car goes, it's way better then all those race cars". And then they get beaten by a stock Citroen 2CV or Smart because they can't even take a speedbump :roll:

This is freaky - yet another Eurocrat sharing my opinion..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:08 PM   #19
SFDMALEX
Regular User

ARE YOU A RICER :shock: ? We dont like rice around here, its V8 yank mobiles and V12 lattes with half and half cream.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:27 AM   #20
Evo
Regular User

Originally Posted by abbor
Because I couldn't understand a fucking thing of what he said, and I thought he got help from someone else, but he didn't, and when he had waited 20 minutes, he came and wanted to talk to me.. So I tried to explain my confusion and all that, why I thought he had gotten the food from another employer, but he just keep on raging.. And then he hits me not very hard under my chin..

At that point I went raging and threatening him about all sorts of shit, but luckily I calmed down a little.. He asked for the number to my boss, and I tried to play "The customer is always right", but he tries to kick my feet under me when I'm going to get the number.. I swear, I was | | this close from punching this piece of shit's face in, but luckily someone dragged him out of there..

BTW, I work at a place where all the drunk people in town get their food about 2 or 3 am, so naturally I was kinda stressed and tired..
I rather get fired knowing I did the right thing abbor... Anyway sorry to hear about your bad experiance at work you had today.. Next time you see him talk slowly to him and make him frustrated and if he hits you just call JW.... We will be their for you..
Old 06-27-2005, 07:16 AM   #21
zondaland
Regular User

For the benefit of Non-Australians I will explain HSV (one of the decals he was looking for). HSV is Holden Special Vehicles. So Holden create a perfomance car eg. Monaro. Then HSV go and stick a more powerful crate v8 motor from the US into the car. They also do some slight chassis work. Essentially just creating a more focused model.

However probably the equivalent of a ricer culture among many Australians is to get a hold of some old model HSV and mod it up. Although the cars do still have at least a 5L V8 so not really the classic rice. In other ways they are similar for example the decals or lowering the car to a crazy ride height.

But its not that Australians don't have any rice mobiles, we've still got some of them, we aren't really a motoring nirvana.
zondaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:37 AM   #22
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by zondaland
For the benefit of Non-Australians I will explain HSV (one of the decals he was looking for). HSV is Holden Special Vehicles. So Holden create a perfomance car eg. Monaro. Then HSV go and stick a more powerful crate v8 motor from the US into the car. They also do some slight chassis work. Essentially just creating a more focused model.

However probably the equivalent of a ricer culture among many Australians is to get a hold of some old model HSV and mod it up. Although the cars do still have at least a 5L V8 so not really the classic rice. In other ways they are similar for example the decals or lowering the car to a crazy ride height.

But its not that Australians don't have any rice mobiles, we've still got some of them, we aren't really a motoring nirvana.
I really don't like the older HSV's with newer front bumpers on them - just looks silly. However modding an old HSV in general is not rice at all in my book.

Another thing I cannot stand is Commodores with clear tail lights - just looks so SHIT. There is a VP HSV down the street from me with those crap lights, makes the thing look like some 4 cylinder ricer. :x

Jeez this has gone off-topic, but who cares....
Old 06-27-2005, 07:50 AM   #23
zondaland
Regular User

Topic schmopic. (Note to self that really doesn't work when typed). Anyway I'm a Ford fan so I can just look at any modded HSV and hate it

I would agree with you that there are differences between the ricer culture and the culture of modding old HSV's. I just feel that there is a little bit of a similarity, people with very little actual mechanical expertise trying to make cars that will be awesome and ending up either making their cars pug ugly or generally useless.
zondaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:18 AM   #24
sads
Regular User

This got way off topic
Old 04-13-2008, 11:53 PM   #25
wattawog
Regular User

Jesus.. Hadnt had the net for 3 years.. first thing i do is check my alltym fav site.. and lol... f@&! this topic did go way off LOL

IF IT AINT BROKE.... DONT FIX IT....
wattawog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:32 AM   #26
RC45
Regular User

You ever get you fuckin decals done mate?

Some how thi stopic, even old... is worthless without pictures..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:54 AM   #27
styla21
Regular User

Welcome to 2005
How on earth did you go 3 years without the internet.. I'm shaking with withdrawal symptoms after 1 week!