Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-11-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
abbor
Regular User

Default Help! Harddrive error... Lost 140 gb..

I made some new partitions on my new laptop harddrive with acronis disk director, copied my old windows partition over, and tried to start the laptop with this hd as the default...

But there came an error: MBR error, or something, so I couldn't start it again..

Then I replaced it with the old drive, put the new one in my external case... Then I looked at it in acronis again, and it seemed normal..

Then I decided to do a fresh install of windows instead... I booted up into windows install, and :shock: only 73 gb of my 232 gb was visible..

I've tried everything to find the remaining gigs, but they seem completely lost! I can't find them in disk management in windows, nor in disk director or paragon partition manager...

What's happened????
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:05 AM   #2
regele

Had the same problem and I used this and it worked, doesn't matter that it's not a rapidshare virus as it says in the link, it should work. If you don't want to get that guy's archive, just download testdisk, cause that's the program he uses(he probably has more progs on that bootable disk of his).

Next time you get errors like that MBR one don't rush and reinstall the Windows, with a google search you would have found out that all you needed to do was copy two files from the windows boot disk to the first partition to get things going again.

Good luck(replace the (dot) by .)

help(dot)wugnet(dot)com/security/VIRUS-ATTACK-FIX-RECOVER-LOST-DATA-ftopict11226(dot)html