Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 09-29-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
noliebro
Regular User

Default 2005 Factory Race Mustang

I watched a special on the discovery channel last night that showed the development of a new race mustang. A canadian company named Multimatic worked on the chassis and suspension while ford racing supplied a V-8 that put out almost 425hp and reved up to over 7000rpm. This car sounded great, and it also beat an older model mustang racer around the track. They are making it so you can buy the car from Ford Racing and the car also qualifies for Trans Am series racing.I will try to find some pics of the mustang. They also let Nascar driver Kurt Busch drive it around the track and he loved the car and said it was a proper race car. Click on this link for more info http://www.fordracing.com/news/?article=26469

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:18 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

Now that's a nice Mustang... Too bad the street '05 GT's look like grandma-mobiles...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:29 PM   #3
Vansquish
Regular User

LOL...I was watching that program instead of doing my Gravitational Physics homework...was up until 4am as a result hehe. You're right, that car looks a damn sight better than the street car, but even so, the '05 is a much better looking car than the model it's replacing...I'd wager that the Shelby/SVT version will be a suitably aggressive car, much more so than the '05 if the '03/'04 'stangs are anything to go by in comparison to the stock GTs.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:28 PM   #4
hemi_fan
Regular User

damn, with looks like that, I could almost care less if it handled or not!! thats a beautifuckingful car man! i'll have one some day

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:07 AM   #5
Schwalbe

Originally Posted by RC45
Too bad the street '05 GT's look like grandma-mobiles...
LOL That's so true. If you look the wheels sizes, it's even more pathetic. :arrow: P235/55WR17 (on GT model) P215/65SR16 (Lady's model V6).

To return to the topic, I really like this new 5.0-liter Cammer crate engine. 420 hp: This is what the Mustang should be.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote