Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 10-15-2004, 02:19 PM   #181
bmagni
Regular User

/\/\ First of all its not mentality its just an opinion. so dont say shit.
Second if u dont get what im saying theyll ill explain it veeeeeery easy... im not saying its a straight line car as a funny car or dragster or similar. what i mean is that it works better in the straight line (accelerating, top speed) than in the twisties AKA curves, still dont get it ???---- it doesnt handle well it just accelerates super fast... and acceleartion is everything in curves ??? no... is it in straigh lines ??? yeeeeees... yeah put it in a track with the newest cars and itd be in the top 5 but not in 1st or 2nd place, for sure.

Originally Posted by mindgam3
The mclaren is one of THE best handling cars in general
M3, elise, handle better. among others

Originally Posted by mindgam3
240.1mph, which incidently, considering you say it performs like a 10 year old car, that figure still hasnt been beaten....
the 200 mph line was broken some decades ago so i really doubt a car wouldnt do more than that. its just not the essential thing. i get all that u say bout being a drivers car and blah blah blah... still its not the best supercar everbuilt. it can be the fastest but not the best... above in this post u can find my explanation bout the f1 being a straight line car...
ill say this once again, the first purpose of the enzo was to go above 400kph... but it wasnt done that way cause itd sacrifice other figures... which is what the mclaren does... pure speed, with a radio and luggage room
if the enzo wuold have been done to go over 400 lots of people who like the f1 would start liking the enzo more and this kind of argues wouldnt come up because the enzos top speed would be higher than the f1's... and people would get in their square minds that just because of that its the best car ever.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 02:24 PM   #182
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Shesssssss

Take it east guys.

Macca is old, its been overthrown, swalow the pill and relax.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 11:55 PM   #183
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by bmagni
it doesnt handle well
You know this how?

the 200 mph line was broken some decades ago so i really doubt a car wouldnt do more than that.
Umm...not to linger on topspeed, but there is a huge difference between 200mph and 240mph...

i get all that u say bout being a drivers car and blah blah blah... still its not the best supercar everbuilt.
"blah blah blah"...wow, so you don't care what the steering feels like or how a car drives? Cool.

above in this post u can find my explanation bout the f1 being a straight line car...
Yea, you did an excellent job of proving how the McLaren can't handle. :roll:

ill say this once again, the first purpose of the enzo was to go above 400kph... but it wasnt done that way cause itd sacrifice other figures... which is what the mclaren does... pure speed, with a radio and luggage room
Really...since when was the "first purpose" of the Enzo to go 400+km/h? I didn't catch that press release, sorry.

if the enzo wuold have been done to go over 400 lots of people who like the f1 would start liking the enzo more and this kind of argues wouldnt come up because the enzos top speed would be higher than the f1's... and people would get in their square minds that just because of that its the best car ever.
You are making such stupid generalizations. I don't care if the Enzo does 260mph...I would still prefer the McLaren.

The Enzo is a good car...we know that...but anything with a paddle shift just can't compare to something with a real manual transmission...that, power steering, and excessive weight are my main problems with the Enzo. If Ferrari can build a supercar under 2800lb with a real manual transmission then I would be happy. And don't tell me its not possible with today's regulations, because the Zonda does it just fine.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 12:40 AM   #184
tigerx
Regular User

wow 10 pages for one simple simple question.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:50 AM   #185
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Umm...not to linger on topspeed, but there is a huge difference between 200mph and 240mph...
do some research to find when the 200mph line was broken and ull get my point... if u dont want to i dont really care

since when was the "first purpose" of the Enzo to go 400+km/h? I didn't catch that press release, sorry.
not my problem though, if u didnt catch it then i let u know... and it wasnt said at the press release

"blah blah blah"...wow, so you don't care what the steering feels like or how a car drives? Cool.
if its a lame mclaren f1 i don't...

The Enzo is a good car...we know that...but anything with a paddle shift just can't compare to something with a real manual transmission...
have u ever tried a paddle shift ??? if the answer is no then STFU
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 12:59 AM   #186
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by tigerx
What is the Nurburgring record for the Enzo?
Old 10-16-2004, 01:07 AM   #187
gottacatchup
Regular User

It evolved wayyy past that question like 8 pages back
Old 10-16-2004, 01:41 AM   #188
numerouno
Regular User

Originally Posted by gottacatchup
It evolved wayyy past that question like 8 pages back
Yeah dudes, doesn't matter how much we discuss, some of us are diehard Ferrari fans, some others McLaren fans and some Porsche lovers and it would be hard for us to accept the superiority of another car over our fave.
Since the lap record of a car is a very useful index (Perhaps one of the most important ones IMO) for evaluating it as a real supersports car, I thought since I've seen the figure for CGT on the 'Ring, Enzo's time on the same track would be quite a good figure for comparison, specially if it's been done by the same driver under the same weather conditions (as close as it gets to an objective test).
numerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 02:12 AM   #189
HoboPie
Regular User

Well, all I can say on that is that St.Anger(reinforced by Porsche test driver statements) said the Enzo was probably a few seconds slower than the CGT at the Ring.

The best time actually recorded though unofficial for the CGT was 7:25.xx so take from that what you will. Since it came from the words of the Porsche test drivers I can't see the Enzo being any slower than what they claim.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:54 AM   #190
numerouno
Regular User

Originally Posted by HoboPie
Well, all I can say on that is that St.Anger(reinforced by Porsche test driver statements) said the Enzo was probably a few seconds slower than the CGT at the Ring.

The best time actually recorded though unofficial for the CGT was 7:25.xx so take from that what you will. Since it came from the words of the Porsche test drivers I can't see the Enzo being any slower than what they claim.
Yeah pal, Porsche test driver's claims are worth shit until both cars are officially timed!
numerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:08 AM   #191
dons5
Regular User

ENZO
dons5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 07:23 AM   #192
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
/\/\ First of all its not mentality its just an opinion. so dont say shit.
Second if u dont get what im saying theyll ill explain it veeeeeery easy... im not saying its a straight line car as a funny car or dragster or similar. what i mean is that it works better in the straight line (accelerating, top speed) than in the twisties AKA curves, still dont get it ???---- it doesnt handle well it just accelerates super fast... and acceleartion is everything in curves ??? no... is it in straigh lines ??? yeeeeees... yeah put it in a track with the newest cars and itd be in the top 5 but not in 1st or 2nd place, for sure.
You are hopeless...You really have no clue about the Mclaren based on most of your diatribe...You say it will be in the top 5 but its mainly a straight line car lol. A straight line car would not even be in the top 50 of todays cars on a track......The fact that everyone compares the Enzo to the Mclaren tells any sane person how potent the 10 year old car is...The Enzo has beaten "some" of its numbers...As a newer car it should far surpass them dont you think? That alone should make you Enzophiles wake up...Im a carguy through and through....I look at facts and numbers. I dont look at stuff through fanboy goggles And those facts say that on 10 year old technology the Mclaren will compete with the Enzo....That makes the Mclaren the Enzo's daddy. As I said before can you imagine what would happen on modern tires, brakes and suspension alone...No engine tweaks
Old 10-16-2004, 11:35 AM   #193
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by numerouno
Yeah dudes, doesn't matter how much we discuss, some of us are diehard Ferrari fans, some others McLaren fans and some Porsche lovers and it would be hard for us to accept the superiority of another car over our fave.
Sorry mate thats bullshit. I'm a diehard Ferrari fan but I give others credit when its needed. Now there are pussies who dont have the balls to admit that what they like is worse then something else. I wont argue in this forum anymore since its like talking to a bunch of walls. Anyone who considers Macca to be faster then both CGT and Enzo should hit them selfs on the head and snap out of that dream world they've been living in for the past 10 years or so.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 12:28 PM   #194
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by numerouno
Originally Posted by HoboPie

Yeah pal, Porsche test driver's claims are worth shit until both cars are officially timed!
unfortunately i have ZERO time for an extensive discussion - be sure i´d LOVE to join in here as i´m also very interestind into that topic - but as u can read in my section things are "a bit" busy for me right now...

i just took a very quick look over the last ~10 pages and all i can say now, i know that i have said some time before that the Enzo´d be very close to the GT, BUT now and i now know quite some details from Ferrari as well, so now i´d say the Enzo´d have absolutely NO chance beating the GT...
this is NOT because i´m a Porsche guy, BUT facts are facts and i´m dead sure that the Enzo won´t be able to clock such times...
the Enzo is good for smooth tracks, F1 style layout, but on NS - sorry no...
but besides i know very little tests where the GT lost any handling track comparisons, and when someone´s saying that both cars haven´t been tested head to head by professionals, well, that´s not true...
both, Ferrari and Porsche carried out a comparison, of course no one knows about this one, but there´s been a test at Papenburg proving grounds where the Enzo lost "quite some" time on the handling course, this has been unofficially confirmed by both, Ferrari and Porsche - some weeks later the GT clocked something around close to 7:30 at the nordschleife while testing with WR behind the wheel and when he said he could have done WAY better Ferrari was "slightely" amazed that the car - again, back then this had been NO production car - could clock such fast times, because be extra sure that Ferrari had the Enzo on the "NS test rig" an extremely high sophisticated test rig where manufactorers can actually drive better said simulate the car´s lap time on NS with the full chassis on the test rig...
some time later the 360CS had been beaten by the GT3 RS - again not a very good start for the Ferrari crew to show up and drive against Porsche at NS, and when i spoke with my man some months ago he confirmed me that Ferrari definitely DOESN´T WANT the Enzo to be tested at NS, u know stressing is on "WANT"...
that´s another reason why "Sport Auto" doesn´t have an Enzo Supertest, HvS would die to get one but Ferrari won´t give him one...
quite strange don´t u think, we saw SLR, GT but no Enzo --- why...???
besides, there´d be so much more to tell about Enzo vs GT - u wouldn´t believe it...e.g. 660hp for the Enzo...quite impressive, BUT i´m dead sure NO ONE knows that this figure is just a marketing gag, the "MkI" Enzo had only ~600 hp, the GT back then 580... Porsche then decided to go for a bit more cc and power to make the engine a bit more driveable, resulting in 612hp - the first one´s reacting on that where MB, they pushed the power output to 626hp - again, this is one of the major reasons why the SLR has been considerably delayed - so also Ferrari uptuned the power output to 660hp - BUT, driving dynamics and handling where then quite worse in comparison with the 600hp version, but Ferrari said that they have to deal with that compromise to be in front with straight line performance and gain from the +50hp on the straights to be faster than the GT - well, didn´t work out that good as we know know...

to come to an end, i think i can say that i´m one of the "experienced" guys here on JW with some very good ties to industry and i don´t have to rely on car mags, TV shows or good friends so i know what i´m saying - with some members and posts here - i´m missing that

Ferrari Enzo is a great car with some outstanding technologies and it´s definitely one of the fastest production cars around now ( at least for some laps... ) BUT as i said before, sorry no chance against Porsches Carrera GT at nordschleife - and some other tracks ...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 12:34 PM   #195
sentra_dude

Thanks st-anger, you bring some clarity to this discussion.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote