Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 01-09-2007, 03:31 PM   #31
RC45
Regular User

Well - looks like that Turn 10 clown who runs the place banned me.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...8&PostID=26948

Strange he labelled me "a disingenuis troll", yet everything presented was factual and acurate.. I guess the KoolAid swilling punks who work at Turn 10 are the biggest fanboys this side of PlayStation land

Meh - if thats the way the "PR Guy' for Forza2 behaves, no wonder the title is late, full of holes and barely pushed 4 year old graphics levels.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #32
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Well - looks like that Turn 10 clown who runs the place banned me.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...8&PostID=26948

Strange he labelled me "a disingenuis troll", yet everything presented was factual and acurate.. I guess the KoolAid swilling punks who work at Turn 10 are the biggest fanboys this side of PlayStation land

Meh - if thats the way the "PR Guy' for Forza2 behaves, no wonder the title is late, full of holes and barely pushed 4 year old graphics levels.

They're just kids RC
Old 01-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #33
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Ah, JW..the closest thing to the real world you can get on the net and this thread proves it

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #34
Max Power

haha, hey that gives u a whole week to terrorize GTHD forums
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:37 PM   #35
Vitamin J
Regular User

Well, you didn't get banned for posting your opinions and point of view. You got banned for stirring the shit and causing controversy. You could have presented your opinion more positively.
Vitamin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #36
Vitamin J
Regular User

wtf, keeps giving me 403 when i post
Old 01-09-2007, 04:41 PM   #37
Vitamin J
Regular User

Back to Forza for a second. I think you overestimated Forza a tad. Just like Forza 1, FM2 won't be an all-out simulator. It will support wheels, pedals, force feedback, multi-screen displays, etc. It just won't take it to the next level like you want. This doesn't make it bad, it just means that there are other things to focus on, like customization, tuning, upgrades, classes, and most importantly; racing online with 11 other people.

Regardless, I think you're a pretty cool guy RC, and I'd love to hear more about your Vette. Z06's are definitely one of my all-time favorite cars (I'd give a kidney for a C6 Z06). Also, once I get 25 posts (i don't get that rule) I'll post up my pictures and videos from Laguna Seca.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #38
nthfinity
Regular User

25 posts is seriously no time here at JW... and for a site as large as JW, spamming is an issue, and makes the admin's job that much easier with all the custom hacks here

Welcome to Jabbasworld Vitamin

I've wondered how the corkscrew really feels, even if its not as dificult as turn 4 in the various sims, and ps/xbox games etc. It sure beats the tighter road courses we have here... and mid ohio isn't that close, unfortunately.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #39
Vitamin J
Regular User

Turn 3 of Laguna is pretty tough, you really got stay out to the right side of the track until the absolute last second, then lift/dab of braking and turn in quick. If you don't hit the very end of the inside rumble strip you'll understeer right into the gravel.

Turn 4 is flat out in a Spec Miata if you hit it just right, it's decieving so lots of people either go too fast or slow too much, it's a perfect corner for passing. It's also a late apex that's gotta be taken just right.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:23 PM   #40
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vitamin J
Well, you didn't get banned for posting your opinions and point of view. You got banned for stirring the shit and causing controversy. You could have presented your opinion more positively.
See that's the rub, I didnt exactl go in saying anything that wasn't already being said and posted - but it didnt' go down well with the locals - who were a little more angry than I was But it's over now - and funny how even though I offered the truce y'alls little Hitler over there still had to have a say

Back to Forza for a second. I think you overestimated Forza a tad. Just like Forza 1, FM2 won't be an all-out simulator. It will support wheels, pedals, force feedback, multi-screen displays, etc. It just won't take it to the next level like you want. This doesn't make it bad, it just means that there are other things to focus on, like customization, tuning, upgrades, classes, and most importantly; racing online with 11 other people.
Well - this is true, but to prevent Forza2 from being lost in the see of NFS:Carbons and RidgeRacers etc it would have been nice to have seen Forza go at least halfway to the next level.

But Turn 10 is in the business of making a profit, and "games" outsell simulators by a factor of hundreds - so thats just the way of the world.

Regardless, I think you're a pretty cool guy RC, and I'd love to hear more about your Vette. Z06's are definitely one of my all-time favorite cars (I'd give a kidney for a C6 Z06). Also, once I get 25 posts (i don't get that rule) I'll post up my pictures and videos from Laguna Seca.
Yeah - we would LOVE to see you stuff posted - bring it on.. this is the place to bring real world driving exploits and discuss all things auto and hobby

I do find it odd though, that Turn 10. Forza amd Micro$haft even have the 'Forza Series' TV short they are working on, yet fall so short in the realism of the whole package. But it is what it is, and they know we'll will spend money either way.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #41
RC45
Regular User

Here it is - the first email sent to me in anger by a Microsofteee

I feel whole now... All we need to do is find a forum managed by a Sony/PD employee...

>From: <********@microsoft.com>
>To: <********@hotmail.com>
>Subject: (Forza Motorsport Forums) Email from chespace
>Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:51:45 -0500
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>lArrivalTime: 09 Jan 2007 18:51:47.0902 (UTC)
>
>
>This email was sent from a user at Forza Motorsport Forums. Replying
>to this email will be sent back to the user via normal
>email.
>
>Sent From: chespace
>Subject: Banned
>__________________________________
>
>RC45, I'm giving you a week's ban for disingenuous trolling. It's not
about drinking the kool-aid -- we know Forza 2 isn't going to make
everyone happy, and that's okay -- it's about showing your fellow forum
members courtesy and contributing to a community with constructive
comments and/or discussion. You have done neither, and hence, should
take a break from FM.net.
>
>
Thanks.
>
>
Old 01-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #42
ViperASR
Regular User

you disingenuous troll

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:06 AM   #43
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
JW might have gotten a new member who are into the same as us...you run a strange campaign to recruit people RC....
It's like the Recces and other special forces... you must want to stay, and make it through Hell Week.....
Old 01-10-2007, 03:54 AM   #44
Minacious
Regular User

I never understood why people get so bent out of shape during these friendly debates.

Keep up the good fight guys.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:01 PM   #45
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
I never understood why people get so bent out of shape during these friendly debates.

Keep up the good fight guys.
People don't generally like having something they like being called crap.

I'm on the whatever side. I'll buy the game cause I'm sure it'll be fun. If I wanted 100% realistic handling and such, I'd go for a drive.