Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 11-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #16
pitfield
Regular User

Not a great episode. I understand they could have done better with the Espace but the idea is to be funny, I 'm sure they could have done better with the trucks for the money they had..
Old 11-20-2008, 02:23 PM   #17
Alelanza
Regular User

Originally Posted by Erez View Post
I wish this was a world wide law. then maybe we wouldn't have that many idiots on the roads, and hopefully less deaths as well..
Exactly, in my country just today they announced that for you to get a driver's license you need to take the test in a manual transmission car. The 'reasoning' being that will somehow guarantee better drivers .... , it's unreal...
Instead we should get a real test, currently all you have to do is a mini slalom, show that you can use reverse while keeping it in a straight line and then do some roundabouts.....
Alelanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:48 PM   #18
martin100
Regular User

no matter how bad this ep might have been, itīs still better and well more entertaining than any other car show out there... but where was the veritas? hopefully they save it for a later ep.
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #19
Jona
Regular User

Originally Posted by Alelanza View Post
Really excellent episode. I'm curious, are there any Finn members that can confirm what they stated re: driver's license test strictness? 3 years, skidpad, driving in the dark?
Yes.
Jona is offline   Reply With Quote