Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 08-15-2005, 04:46 AM   #181
dingo
Regular User

I was discussing the turbo setup of the 996 GT2 with the owner of this car which I spent 4 days in last weekend ( http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=29844&start=0 ).

He wasn't certain of whether the turbo's were 'sequential' (as in a smaller one for low revs and then the larger turbo kicking in...) or if it was just two identical turbo's both working from the start.

If that makes sense, whats the answer?

BTW, I have to say the GT2 is the most brutal accelerating car I have ever been in - just phenominal. :shock:
Old 08-15-2005, 05:59 AM   #182
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
I was discussing the turbo setup of the 996 GT2 with the owner of this car which I spent 4 days in last weekend ( http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...=29844&start=0 ).

He wasn't certain of whether the turbo's were 'sequential' (as in a smaller one for low revs and then the larger turbo kicking in...) or if it was just two identical turbo's both working from the start.

BTW, I have to say the GT2 is the most brutal accelerating car I have ever been in - just phenominal. :shock:
....first, i´m more than glad that u were able to experience one of the top products PAG ever released, the GT2 is indeed a masterpiece and not only well-known for its brutal acceleration, now that u know just imagine such a machine on a decent race track
....automotive heaven

to quickly answer your question, the GT2´s two K24 turbos are working parallel but are that good trimmed that there´s hardly any brutal turbo kick and absolutely NO lag, so i can only agree here the GT2s overall engine performance is definitely among the best of all turbocharged engines available...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 06:17 AM   #183
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger

....first, i´m more than glad that u were able to experience one of the top products PAG ever released, the GT2 is indeed a masterpiece and not only well-known for its brutal acceleration, now that u know just imagine such a machine on a decent race track
....automotive heaven

to quickly answer your question, the GT2´s two K24 turbos are working parallel but are that good trimmed that there´s hardly any brutal turbo kick and absolutely NO lag, so i can only agree here the GT2s overall engine performance is definitely among the best of all turbocharged engines available...
Thanks alot for the answer.....

Although we did get the GT2 up to an indicated 330kmh (I know its official top speed is only ~319kmh) on public roads it would also have been nice to experience how it handled on a track instead of a straight line all day.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #184
pzgren
Regular User

I fully agree. i had the chance for a quick ride with a gt2 3 years ago and it was absolutely brutal - it took my breathe away, i was really impressed of this car. i should have some pics of the car somewhere.... i'll search it when i'm back home.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:46 PM   #185
T M O
Regular User

Does anyone has informations ( pics etc.) about private cars of Porsche family members ? (Wolfgang , Peter, Gerd, Ferdinand , Olivier etc.)
T M O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:00 PM   #186
gucom
Regular User

this 928 Estate was built for Ferry porsche, as a gift for his 80th? birthday
Old 11-20-2005, 03:40 PM   #187
Conan997
Regular User

Default 997 GT3 Pics??

I took the following pics at a 2006 introductory car show. On display were all the 2006 vehicles that are being release. While I was walking inbetween buildings I saw this little honey parked outside. I don't think its a real GT3 because its been registered in California since August. It also didn't have a GT3 emblem in the back. Maybe it could be a real one, or it could just be a body kit. But here are some pics.

I was thinking this could be a GT3 because it looks really close to the spy photo that CAR AND DRIVER took here

Pics taken with the beautiful Canon Digital Rebel XT
Great camera.

Inputs??

Edit: Actually I can see the rubber line missing from the bottom of the hood on the white car.
Conan997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 03:52 PM   #188
TT
Regular User

Great camera sure (hell, I have one ), but not when used at night with a flash

And this is just a 997 with the aerokit by Porsche. I doubt we will see a GT3 with a sunroof

Still difficult to judge, use a tripod next time
Old 11-20-2005, 03:56 PM   #189
MIHALS
Regular User

as I already posted weeks (months) ago, I've seen basically the same kit, but in black. this time, CarreraS

Old 11-20-2005, 04:33 PM   #190
Evo
Regular User

I think the 997 GT3 has it exhaust in the middle rather than 2 on each side..
Old 11-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #191
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

A-W-E-S-O-M-E.....specially the black model, actually very few more beautiful 911 have i seen in the pics....on the other hand, i prefer the previous model of the withe 911 RS......however, the 911 still remains something special for me
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:33 AM   #192
DJF1
Regular User

Yeap that's the aerokit from Porsche on the 997. It looks awesome I must say...
DJF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:42 AM   #193
ae86_16v
Regular User

Ugly front bumper. . . thanks for the pics.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:34 PM   #194
raphaelws

aweome pics MIHALS and Conan997!!!

I'm so anxious to see the new turbo!!! thanks 8) 8)