Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 09-01-2003, 03:41 PM   #46
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by fedezyl
St-Anger, I never cease to be amazed about your knowledge and connections at Porsche, it's very good to have someone like you on board and i'm glad you have decided to keep us up to date with accurate information about Porsche..
Now, I've read that you specialized in AWD transmissions, but I imagine your engineering knowledge is in all areas too...
Do you work on the automobile industrie now, or what do you do?
my pleasure providing you some infos, sadly ( for you guys... ) i can`t tell you everything i`ve experienced during my time at Weissach, there`d be so much to tell ( developement of Cayenne and CGT, testing on track, GT3 cup cars, engine/transmission developement....)
well i think i know quite some things concerning everything about cars on the technical and also practical side i learned a lot during my time at "Magna" but especially at Porsche. i worked there nearly 24/7 because it`s been so interesting and all the ppl working at Weissach are real proffessionals so it`s very constructive working with them, never boring and the fun when testing on the track has always been superb.
now i´m also working in automobile industry, at Bosch Motronic. we`re developing the next generation of common rail fuel injection systems. so from driveline technology to engine engineering, which is probably the most interesting part of all.
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 11:40 AM   #47
st-anger
Regular User

anyone interested...????

Porsche 911
Old 09-02-2003, 01:24 PM   #48
666fast
Regular User

I'm always interested!
The Carrera GT looks awesome in black.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:37 PM   #49
scubywrxr
Regular User

WOW.. I did not realize that the CGT was that good looking - those camera angles do wonders for its wierd rear 3/4 section.
I like it very much and would take it over the nancy enzo - I know the porsche would survive at least 300 000 miles.. coz if I had it i would drive it every day, everywhere - at least 50 000miles a year
scubywrxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 08:47 AM   #50
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by scubywrxr
I know the porsche would survive at least 300 000 miles.. coz if I had it i would drive it every day, everywhere - at least 50 000miles a year
thats a very good comment, because the driver of the black CGT uses that one as a daily driver, so now you can imagine how driveable a supercar can be. i don`t think there are many Enzo drivers who ride their baby every day. he said even in heavy city traffic it`s no problem to drive the CGT properly.

....damm i think i´m gonna sell one or two houses and buy a CGT instead...
Porsche 911
Old 09-03-2003, 01:18 PM   #51
st-anger
Regular User

today`s the release date of the AMS issue with the test of the CGT vs. Enzo vs. Gallardo in germany.
a friend of mine ( liveing in germany... ) already has the issue and, as i said before...we expected a bit too much of that report. it`s all about general infos on that cars with some quite good pics, but that`s all. a bit disappointing. but the next issue ( sept. 17th ) will feature some real driving impressions from the CGT but again no data about anything...
i`m also still hopeing for a supertest of "Sport Auto" which is probably the best mag testing upper class supercars with pro drivers.
sorry guys...

....here`s something new instead:

- book about CGT -

right after the official release after the 2003 IAA a book about the CGT will occur.
it`s no technical report or anything like that, but the story about a "romantic trip" to the "ile de noirmoutier"
in france. the german high style mag "AutoFocus" has a world exclusive preprint with some of the best high quality pictures so far in mags.

it also features a very interesting interview with chris bangle, one of my favourite guys in automotive industry, although it seems like there are more ppl who hate his style but i simply love it..
otherwise i wouldn`t have two cars out of his collection, maybe a third for my wife soon.

Porsche 911
Old 09-04-2003, 09:43 AM   #52
st-anger
Regular User

now i`ve the latest AMS too, and it`s really all about...nothing...
the report only features some stuff we already know and the pics aren`t that good too. but again, i´m still looking forward to the next issue...
it would have been so nice to see some clocked times, bacause the drivers of all the cars were real pros, Giorgio Sanna driving the Gallardo, Andrea Favro the Enzo and the one and only Walter Röhrl the CGT.
although there are some rumours that the CGT`d been the fastest car of the "comparison"

here are the pics...

Porsche 911
Old 09-06-2003, 09:02 AM   #53
st-anger
Regular User

something i`ve heared after the AMS test with the CGT vs. Enzo vs. Gallardo:
just look at picture number four:
the weights are 1365kg for Enzo, 1430kg for Gallardo and 1455kg for CGT
the funny thing is, and i`ve already written a mail to AMS because this is not the first time they made such mistakes, the Enzo weight is the DIN weight, the Gallardo weight is the dry weight and the CGT`s weight is EG or EU-Norm weight. so there are quite huge differences...
on the one hand the "lightest" of all three but on the other hand the Enzo touched the ground when driving through the famous "Karussell" and even after regulating with the niveau lift the problem with the suspension/chssis couldn`t be solved, so the next point why the Enzo can`t be faster than the CGT. btw, again Porsche enineers etimated that the CGT´ll be 20 sec. faster than the Enzo. i think that is a bit optimistic ( ...maybe they are talking about the ride with the Pirellis but not with the Michelin )
here a little ( ...but funny ) dialog during the AMS photo session...
AMS: "we want to have pictures of all three cars drifting out of "Brünnchen""
Walter Röhrl:" no problem, i´ll drive three laps with three different drift angles through Brünnchen, you can choose the best out of them. "
Giorgio Sanna and Andrea Favro: "no, we won`t do something like that"
W.Röhrl: " ok boys, just give me your cars and i`ll show you how to do that "
...the two didn`t let Röhrl drive and so only one car can be seen drifting in the mag: Röhrl with the CGT... 8)
Porsche 911
Old 09-06-2003, 09:46 AM   #54
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
again Porsche enineers etimated that the CGT´ll be 20 sec. faster than the Enzo. i think that is a bit optimistic ( ...maybe they are talking about the ride with the Pirellis but not with the Michelin )
here a little ( ...but funny ) dialog during the AMS photo session...
AMS: "we want to have pictures of all three cars drifting out of "Brünnchen""
Walter Röhrl:" no problem, i´ll drive three laps with three different drift angles through Brünnchen, you can choose the best out of them. "
Giorgio Sanna and Andrea Favro: "no, we won`t do something like that"
W.Röhrl: " ok boys, just give me your cars and i`ll show you how to do that "
...the two didn`t let Röhrl drive and so only one car can be seen drifting in the mag: Röhrl with the CGT... 8)
Indeed, 20 sec seems to be very optimistic. I'm curious though. But are they gonne use the same driver? Otherwise Walter Rohl will obviously beat the others with the CGT, he knows the track with his eyes closed!!

That conversation was very funny Would have loved to see their faces when they said this
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:38 AM   #55
AlienDB7
Regular User

Not too familiar with the paper version of AMS, do you know if that test will be included in the Auto Motor und Sport show on VOX? Would love to see a video comparison between the 3 cars.... 0X
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:45 AM   #56
st-anger
Regular User

...AMS on VOX 07092003 at 5pm GMT +01:00

-BMW 530d vs. MB E320CDI
-the guy from poland with his self made SLR
-tuning cars at Nardo
-CGT vs. Enzo vs. Gallardo at Nordschleife

well zippo there won`t be a official comparison between Porsche and Ferrari, but as i said before german car mag "Sport Auto" will surely try their best to compare those two supercars.
Porsche 911
Old 09-06-2003, 06:25 PM   #57
HoboPie
Regular User

could someone give a slight overview of the article even if it is just stuff we know, there must be some good comments in there.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:35 PM   #58
AlienDB7
Regular User

-BMW 530d vs. MB E320CDI
-tuning cars at Nardo

well zippo there won`t be a official comparison between Porsche and Ferrari, but as i said before german car mag "Sport Auto" will surely try their best to compare those two supercars.
Nice!!! Now I just have to wait a month or 2 for it to be shown in english
Old 09-06-2003, 06:43 PM   #59
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by AlienDB7

-BMW 530d vs. MB E320CDI
-tuning cars at Nardo

And capture it right? hint hint
Old 09-06-2003, 07:24 PM   #60
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Originally Posted by AlienDB7

-BMW 530d vs. MB E320CDI
-tuning cars at Nardo

And capture it right? hint hint
Haha.. if I don't fall asleep Most likely I'll have to time record. Just checked the schedule, the AMS on PBS is still showing episodes from early July. It'll be a long wait...

For those who can read german, http://www.vox.de/ams__sendung.php?m...ea=faszination