Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 04-19-2006, 05:14 PM   #16
nthfinity
Regular User

if only i had an extra 110,000 euros!
http://www.florentmoulin.com/fiche.php?num=116&langue=2

although with the milage; i think they are too much; even with a rebuilt motor... and i'd prefer one in black

a lime green Corvette? hmm... why does that sound familiar...? a Lingenfelter vette?

the strangest one i've ever seen was this

a C4 converted to C5-ish, with fake sloted roters, fake rear brake duct... just crap!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:36 PM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Mallet had a green car he entered in a couple events... complete with scaley green lizard horns on the fenders.

The Veyron is not the "most advanced car humanly possible" - no more advanced than an F40, Macca F1 or a Honda Hybrid.

Engineered solutions to problems are no different whether they are applied to a space craft, a hybrid car, a refridgerator or a mouse trap.

A probelm exists - a solution is engineered.

All that changes is the OPINIONS of the observer, and like arseholes... everyone has an OPINION.

By the way, back to the Testarossa quesiotn - I have researched pruchasing a Testarossa in depth... and the reason I have never bothered following up on any of the $65 to $70K cars that come up for sale every now and again, is because whle the car is great, the car is cheap (relatively) and the car is exotic --- it does NOT lend itself to anything more than a 4th of 5th car oddity in the garage.

You almost HAVE to polish it and admire it, because you are not going to be driving it much.

WHile you can argue that if you are wealthy enough the annual maintenance will not be a problem - it is the fact that the car will not every be "ready to drive".

We are all spoiled with "ready to run" daily drivers, and "super cars on video games" - the reality is sadly that you don't just park you Testarossa for 3 months and then jump in and drive because the weather is good on Saturday morning...

It's a blessing and a curse - ah why bother... anything said is pulled out of context and misrepresented as dreamers and wannabes bad mouth anything and everything that doesn't cost a million bucks.

Over and out.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:21 PM   #18
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Stop acting like a bunch of bitches, bitches.

This car is beautiful in more than one way, no matter what anyone says. It's also an amazing engineering achievement just as the Veryon is..

Still no bids at $200,000, and I'm not suprised.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #19
RC45
Regular User

At $200K it's overpriced... a $50K C6 Z51 + $100K worth of LPE worh is still less than $200K...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:03 AM   #20
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Yeah, they're gonna have a hard time gettin someone to spend 200k on that..