Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 03-28-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
corvette97
Regular User

Default What to do? Car buying related...

Well i got a car from both of my parents in september of 2004, it is a Golf 2.0 also known as 2.slow , for that i thank them a lot, this is my first car and they gave it to me as a present, i know what ya'll are thinking about that engine... but i was going to get a Seat leon 1.8t and my father told me NO!, and he's desicion was final.

thats the proof...

now, i called VW the other day and they told me that they didnt even know if we where going to get Golf V here, they said that if the car was coming i would have to wait until december...

so, i called Renault, and since i dont want to spend money until the V arrives, i ask for a Clio Rs, they they say, yes we have one right know and other coming nex week (used of course), then i asked how much are they he tells me around 115,000 Q and my car price right know is 110,000 Q

what should i do? 5,000 Q is around 600 usd, i feel atached to my car, but i hate when i hear VW rattles, and the total lack of power, (nice torque but not enough) i love the looks and everything but should i make the swap? my dad wanted my car, if he takes it, ill make the change right away since he's gonna have it, i'll be emotionally fine and happy, but if i have to give my car as part of the deal i'll be sad since the car would leave the family (stupid to feel that way right??

so this is what i think

Golf 2.0 has a sunroof, clio RS no
Golf 2.0 has a aftermarket headunit so i can play my MP3's, clio no (???)
Golf 2.0 has 4 doors clio 2 (i barely use the back seat anyway)
Golf 2.0 has NO power clio has a lot for the litle car

what do you guys think?
Old 03-28-2006, 10:00 PM   #2
antonioledesma
Regular User

If the guatemalan market is the same as in mexico... that I do believe, you will NOT get the golf V. The golf IV will continue its production until some very distant year.
I'm guessing right now you're also getting the bora and the jetta at the same time.

It has been confirmed that only the golf gti V will come to mexico. So no regular golf V in this part of the world

the golf is 2004? how many kms? got all the services from the dealer? any crashes? If your car has rattles... you treated it in a not very nice way. Have you changed your tyres for any reason?
Y esto lo pondrè en español ya que no sabrìa decirlo en inglès. Si tu auto rechina de la suspensiòn cada ocasiòn que pasas por un reductor de velocidad, tope, vado, etc. es que necesita una buena engrasada. (sorry guys)

you're still young and a clio rs would be good. But when you hit the twenties you'll want more space
and if you hate when your golf rattles, prepare to hear a LOT of rattles with your clio. It's a less reliable car and the engine will drive you crazy. Well, I went crazy after hearing it for an hour

besides, the golf will always have a better resale value
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
corvette97
Regular User

yes man, sorry i forgot to mention that if i ever get the golf its gonna be the GTI thats what im waiting for ops:

the car is 2005, 32,000 kms in 1 year 8 months, all services done in dealer, zero crashes (thanx god! hehe) and no dents caused by me while parking just a few... dings on the hood since many IDIOTS seat in your hood while parked in the U, (never seen one seating on mine but a friend did), the rattles are a very normal in a VW according to a VW forum (all guys are already having rattles in the V!) if i change the car it its just gonna be a transition car, while i wait for the GTI V.

the other day a RS flew past me, i loved the engine note... but never thought that would make someone crazy :shock:, i guess i feel afraid to regret getting that car a week later
Old 03-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #4
antonioledesma
Regular User

the clio's noise is good for abour... half an hour. After that it simply is just... Noisy and I hated it when I tried to talk with my cellphone. If you have the clio sport video from Top gear, you'll have an excellent review from Clarkson.
it's a little fun car, I wanted one some years ago, but it will have a change in a couple years. Besides, you can't install a sunroof on the clio because the rooftop is a very important part of the chassis rigidity.

I would stay with the golf for a while. It will depreciate less than the clio

here in mexico jettas didn't depreciate as much as I tought because the jetta IV will be available for years and years. All because the bora is very expensive for the mexican market.
You can buy a new jetta for aprox $15k USD and a bora for $19k USD and it's a lot of money
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote