Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-22-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
zeus_2011
Regular User

Default Your opinion on seeing Alonso in a Ferrari

As a ferrari fan who would like to see the small spaniard in the red car, I'm just wondering what others think???

To b honest he's the only driver out there at the moment who i'd consider as the next driver for the red team...dunno, mayb he'd b a problem for massa (see alonso and hamilton at mclaren). He is a top driver with 2 world championships under his belt....which to b fair he achieved when "ze german" was still around.....what do you think???
zeus_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
blue8
Regular User

While I am not Alonso's biggest fan, I recognize his great talent which I think would Ferrari a lot. Of the current field of drivers, he is the only person I can see who can build the team around him as Schumi did (although I see Hamilton doing the same with McLaren in the coming years). I like Raikkonen and Massa since they're fast but there's something missing. My only concern is that he is most likely to cause some problems or drama within Ferrari if he joins the team.

If he doesn't join Ferrari, my dream line-up for the team would be Vettel and Kubica.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
sprakzilla
Regular User

I dont like Alonso , hes probably gonna be at honda next year, i rather see kubica @ ferrari, but that wont happen next year because hes confirmed for bmw next year.
sprakzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #4
pitfield
Regular User

I think that Alonso would be good in a Ferrari, prick driver for a prick team.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
sprakzilla
Regular User

Originally Posted by pitfield View Post
I think that Alonso would be good in a Ferrari, prick driver for a prick team.

sprakzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
insertaliashere
Regular User

The entire collective of pro-ferrari/anti-alonso fans across the world's heads would collectively explode if Alonso were to join Ferrari.
insertaliashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #7
Vansquish
Regular User

I think that Alonso would do well in any top-tier team so long as he just does what he does best and drives...rather than what he does second best (most of the time), and whine. I really don't much care for him as far as a personality, but I do think he's an impressively fast driver.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #8
SHIZL
Regular User

pitfield said it right. it would be a perfect fit but unfortunately they would never win a constructors title cause he would not allow his teamate to finish in front of him
SHIZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #9
bettlejuice
Regular User

if alonso joins ferrari next year 2008 would be massa last chance to win the driver's championship 'cause if he happens to score more points than alonso then fernando will demand more "fairness" to him as first driver
bettlejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #10
Juho
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
I think that Alonso would do well in any top-tier team so long as he just does what he does best and drives...rather than what he does second best (most of the time), and whine. I really don't much care for him as far as a personality, but I do think he's an impressively fast driver.
This....

Although I'd like to see Kimi get control of the car, or fix w/e problem he is having with it...

It might be that the Ferrari just doesn't like some tracks, I don't know if Alonso would help.
He is brilliant at going over curbs and turns in general though, as we saw when he one the world championships.

-On another note, it seems that Renault bombed when they switched their main sponsor, but now they've gotten it back together.
Juho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 PM   #11
Nikkolaz
Regular User

i wouldnt like to see him in a ferrari, ferrari is my fav "scuderia" and i just hate alonso lol
Nikkolaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #12
Mattk
Regular User

Alonso has been very inconsistent of late. I'm not sure he's at the peak of his powers. He's fast, but doesn't seem to be a team player.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:11 AM   #13
styla21
Regular User

He's ridiculously fast. And in the cockpit of a Ferrari (if they get the new seasons car right), he could be devastating. Language barrier also contributes to western perception of Alonso and propels his "not-a-team-player" stigma, that is perhaps quite overplayed and undeserving.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:43 PM   #14
zeus_2011
Regular User

Agree with styla21's comment about the language barrier, however i also see that many ferrari fans consider him the antichrist!!!!!
zeus_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #15
mts6800
Regular User

I think that if Ferrari didn't fail him, and they have failed Massa a lot this year, then Alonso would win the championship in a Ferrari. I think of the current group driving he is best.

I don't think we will see Alonso in a Ferrari soon, if ever. It doesn't look like a seat is open at Ferrari next year and Renault is starting to regain their form. There does seem to be a synergy with Alonso and Renault and I think he would be wise to play on it and stay there.

Honda would be a huge long shot, yes they have been working on next year's car for a long time but this year's car was also supposed to be a step forward. Who's to say that next year Honda will be in the top tier? I doubt it.
mts6800 is offline   Reply With Quote