Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 08-13-2008, 03:30 AM   #16
79TA
Regular User

I'm interested to see what the non-RS Camaros look like exactly
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:33 AM   #17
HeilSvenska
Regular User

And the RS/SS versions!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:49 AM   #18
79TA
Regular User

The V6, or more specifically LS or LT, can come with or without the RS looks package just like the SS can come with or without it. I guess I'll just have to wait to see.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:06 AM   #19
HeilSvenska
Regular User

The press release says the RS Package is for both the V6 LT model and the SS model. There's no word on whether or not there will be an official RS/SS moniker though.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:11 AM   #20
HeilSvenska
Regular User

General Motors has finally announced pricing for the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro, both in V6-equipped LS trim and the V8-powered SS model. The sticker for the LS will start at $22,995, while the SS commands $30,995. Both prices include the $750 destination charge and you can officially order yours today, October 13th.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #21
silentm
Regular User

umm what is a destination charge? do they charge you money to get to the dealer??? (of course not but that came to my mind first )
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #22
79TA
Regular User

I love how Car and Driver was speculating that the V6 model would have a base price of 25k and still be competitive given that it is clearly more car than the Mustang or Challenger V6 models.

A V6 5th gen would be a thoroughly solid car for all purposes. It's even tempting me (although I'm not in the market for a new car) but a Camaro really does need a V8 for the full Camaro experience.

Now about that curb weight . . .
Old 10-14-2008, 04:59 PM   #23
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by silentm View Post
umm what is a destination charge? do they charge you money to get to the dealer??? (of course not but that came to my mind first )
Yeah. That's exactly what it is.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #24
79TA
Regular User

I'd take an RS, but I'd have to dump those 20" wheels . . . just too large for my tastes, especially when the largest wheel on any of my current cars is 15".
Old 10-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #25
nthfinity
Regular User

Today's the day! The 2010 Camaro is now available to order (production starts early 2009). Starting at $22,995,1 the Camaro isn't just a sports car, but a bold emotion sculpted in sheet metal that drops jaws and inspires envy in those not behind the wheel. Simply put, with its creased, taut lines and unexpected array of standard features, this cutting-edge performance machine is passion — perfected.

So what are you waiting for? Be one of the first to take the wheel of this truly modern performance vehicle. Visit chevy.com/camaro for more in-depth information on Camaro. Download a PDF of available Camaro packaging. Then visit your local Chevy dealer to reserve yours today!

See the 2010 Camaro in its prime-time debut. Tune in to "My Own Worst Enemy," a new series about a spy with split personalities who drives a 2010 Camaro Coupe. Premiering Monday, Oct. 13, at 10 p.m./9 p.m. CT on NBC.

1 Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra.
2 For select compatible phones. Go to gm.com/bluetooth to find out which Bluetooth phones are compatible with the vehicle. The Bluetooth word mark is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such mark by Chevrolet is under license.
3 Always use safety belts and the correct restraint for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with a passenger air bag. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
4 With available six-speed automatic transmission with TAPshift controls. 3.6L DI VVT V6 estimated 27 MPG highway. Estimates based on GM testing. EPA estimates not yet available.
5 Call 1-888-4ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827) or visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.
6 On select models.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #26
silentm
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Yeah. That's exactly what it is.
hmm i think you misunderstand, i meant it this way: they charge you money because you have to go to the dealer... that doesn't make any sense of course.

just googled it, so it's a general fee that the manufacturer sets for each car to reflect the amount of money needed for the car to be delivered to the dealer...
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #27
HeilSvenska
Regular User

^The funny thing about destination charge is that it's uniform everywhere. Whether you live in Detroit, LA, or Honolulu, you pay the same destination charge. Does it make sense? No.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #28
philip
Regular User

Kinda interesting how the muscle cars cost about 10 times the orginals price. Minimum wage was about $1.50 back then. I guess wages have not kept up with inflation. But then these cars are just as powerful and get alot better than 10mpg.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #29
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Originally Posted by silentm View Post
I have asked myself that question, I would like to know what that is exactly

I have finally decided on the car that I am getting as my first new car since buying my RX-7 in 1994, I am going to buy a new camaro, out right, I will wait for it to become available, I have 27 grand saved up, just for this purpose, if I have to wait 1 more year, no matter, I will most likely have 30,000 by then, so I hope no financing, (I financed my RX-7 while I was still going thru college in 94' it was the worst mistake ever, and I ended up paying lots of interest and working 2 jobs) yes I am happy to still own my Mazda and frankly it is the best car I have ever had but I love this new camaro, I saw the transformers one in the flesh 2 weeks ago on a trip that my employer sent me to the studios where the 2nd film is being made, I love it

if you ask me why I am not going to buy a mazda, since they sign my paycheck, well it is all on taste, while everything coming out of mazda is nice, it is just not my style I hope no one in my office is reading this but I was very very ticked off at the idea of not turbo charging the RX-8's renesis, it is a solid rotary and frankly it can take lots of extra pressure, more than the old 13b while still being reliable, anyways, I like the camaro, it looks aggresive and classy at the same time and it sounds cool, that v8 clack is aural metallic orgasm, at this point in my life, balding, middle aged, this is what I need

PS, if they do make a firechicken based on this I may be forced to get that

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #30
pitfield
Regular User

In the U.K. customers are charges for delivery.