Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-25-2008, 06:04 AM   #106
blue8
Regular User

The Commissione Sportiva Automobilista Italiana (CSAI) notified the Court on 12 September 2008 of the request of its licence-holder Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro (“Ferrari”) to be heard in the present case in accordance with article 21 of the Rules of the International Court of Appeal. The Court therefore heard the presentations and considered the arguments presented by Ferrari.
for Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro:
Nigel Tozzi QC (Lawyer)
Stefano Domenicali (Team Principal)
Luca Baldisserri (Team Manager)
Massimiliano Maestretti (General Counsel)
Andrea Fioravanti (Legal representative)
Henry Peter (Legal representative)

Full judgment:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70793

So from what I understand, Ferrari requested to be there

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:18 AM   #107
styla21
Regular User

Yeap, I read the judgement. Here's the most important part:

"On the substance 28. In view of the foregoing, it follows that there is no need to examine the substance of the appeal submitted by McLaren.
On those grounds,
THE FIA INTERNATIONAL COURT OF APPEAL
Hereby:
1. Declares the appeal inadmissible;"

Ferrari were within their rights to defend their logic behind their original grounds for objection to the passing move, and request FIA review.

If the situation had been reversed, and Mclaren felt hard done by, it is fair to assume Mclaren would have objected also.
The judgements been made, can we get on with the Singapore GP discussions now! I heard there are thunderstorms predicted

Last edited by styla21; 09-25-2008 at 06:46 AM.
styla21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:36 AM   #108
blue8
Regular User

Yeah glad we can move on now to Singapore! Here' a nice little preview of the circuit. You've probably seen it already but here anyway
http://www.redbullracing.com/4th-Sec...ber-Singapore/

And yeah, thunderstorms are predicted for the entire race weekend!!!

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:17 PM   #109
mts6800
Regular User

Originally Posted by Thanh-BKK View Post
And here we got it..... according to German newspaper "Bild":

"In einem irren Finale gewinnt Lewis Hamilton zunächst den Großen Preis von Belgien. Doch nach einem Protest von Ferrari wird ihm der Sieg später aberkannt"

"At first, Lewis Hamilton wins the Belgian Grand Prix in a crazy final. BUT AFTER A PROTEST FROM FERRARI HIS VICTORY IS DENIED LATER"

Thanh
Firstly, any team can request the stewards to make an investigation. The stewards can take it upon themselves to make an investigation. I can see no relavance that Ferrari requested an investigation.

Originally Posted by Thanh-BKK View Post

I replied to Mattk's question "where is the evidence that Ferrari was even involved in the whole process". Until now i didn't have such evidence - but suddenly there it is in the German news. So FIA first said "the move was ok as per the rules", then Ferrari protests, and of course Ferrari gets their way and now we see what happened.

Thanh
The FIA didn't say "the move was ok as per the rules"...

Ron Dennis' words on ITV at Spa when asked about the investigation underway involving Hamilton and Raikkonen will show that Ron knew the Race Director doesn't make these decisions:

Ron Dennis' words: "We checked with Charlie, of course Charlie can only give an opinion, he's not the stewards, but he gave an opinion that we had complied, probably to the regulations..."

Charlie Whiting is the Race Director not one of the stewards.

This is now the 4th penalty awarded to Hamilton this season. In hindsight Hamilton would be ahead if they had let the Spa result stand and awarded a 10 spot grid penalty at the next race!
mts6800 is offline   Reply With Quote