Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
Thanh-BKK
Regular User

Default f1rejects.com down? Anyone knows?

Hi

I don't know which section exactly to put this, so i try here - if it's wrong, please someone tell me where it should be.

I have been reading this web site www.f1rejects.com (Formula One Rejects) since quite some time, however i haven't done so for the last month or so as there was an announcement that the site's owner was on holiday or something and couldn't update for a while - but now it seems the site is down? When i go to the address i get some sort of folder view (as if i would FTP into it) but no actual web site.

Does anyone here know what happened there, if they are going to run again or if they are history by now?

Many thanks in advance.....

Thanh
Thanh-BKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

http://www.f1rejects.com/index.html

looks like an indian hacker deleted the site etc. .... which is why I have my site hosted by a trusted person, rather then something different like through "yahoo" etc.

Hopefully they have the info backed up properly.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
Thanh-BKK
Regular User

Hi

Thank you very much for that - for me that didn't show up, only a folder kind of view like in an FTP account.

Yeah, hope they are back up soon - it is a good site.

Best regards.....

Thanh
Old 09-14-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
Nikkolaz
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
http://www.f1rejects.com/index.html

looks like an indian hacker deleted the site etc. .... which is why I have my site hosted by a trusted person, rather then something different like through "yahoo" etc.

Hopefully they have the info backed up properly.
i just saw your website
its NIIICE i added it to my favourites
Nikkolaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:46 PM   #5
styla21
Regular User

Nth was spot on -

"G'day, welcome to what was F1 Rejects. I'm afraid some Indian hacker broke into our website last week and deleted it.
Fair enough. Maybe it was an angry Force India fan.
So nothing much is going to appear here until it gets put back online over the next week or so.
Anyway, there you go. Come back soon! "

What does the site focus on? Drivers who tried to get into F1, but didn't? I remember seeing it once a while back..
I laughed at the disgruntled Force India fan comment
Old 09-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #6
STiInYourEye
Regular User

It's an F1 blog that runs down the latest in the sport, with the angle of praising (with tongue firmly in cheek) those members of the Formula 1 world who have tried, but have been less than successful. When I used to listen to them, they would go on and on heaping praise on Ralf Schumacher! Pretty funny, but I haven't listened in a while. Let's hope they get their site back up and running before too long.
STiInYourEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:18 AM   #7
Thanh-BKK
Regular User

Hi

Yeah, they also have very detailed and good race reviews (always "one race late", i.e. the review from the Belgian Grand Prix would be ready just after the Italian Grand Prix) and for each race they give the "award" for "reject of the race", i.e. some person, team or other who had an outstandingly stupid moment in that race, such as causing a silly crash, throwing away a guaranteed victory by making a stupid driving error etc. (no doubt - for Belgium it would have been "The FIA Stewards").

They also write about great and not-so-great past performances of certain drivers and teams, and their technical innovations (not!) such as the six-wheeled cars or the Brabham "fan car".

And all that happens from a pretty neutral point of view - they are neither paid by Ferrari nor McLaren I really liked that site.

Best regards.....

Thanh