Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 06-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
blue8
Regular User

Default Ferrari FXX Millechili

Car:
Ferrari is today unveiling its first supercar designed to reconcile the conflicting demands of a high-performance sports car fit for a caring, sharing eco age.

CAR Online is in Maranello reporting on the event, as Ferrari top brass announce the full details of a new programme designed to make all cars bearing the Prancing Horse cleaner, leaner and greener.

It is unveiling a concept car that heralds a new focus on green issues - without losing any of the performance credentials for which the brand is famous. The first photos haven't yet been released, but the car looks like a shrunken Enzo (right).

General manager Amedeo Felisa told CAR Online that Ferrari had to react to pressures to clamp down on fuel economy and emissions, especially in Europe and the US. He pledged that all future Ferraris would focus on 'energy efficiency' as much as power to weight ratios and driving dynamics.

[More to follow]

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
blue8
Regular User

More info (Winding Road):
WINDING ROAD was on hand at the beginning of Ferrari’s 60th Anniversary weekend celebration, where we saw such dignitaries as Fiat boss Luca Cordero di Montezemolo and Ferrari CEO Jean Todt. While the company focused on a show of their technical know-how and the debut of the 60th anniversary edition of the 612 Scaglietti (details on that coming soon), we were excited to see the “little Enzo” sitting front and center.

The car has an official name (FXX Millechili) or doesn’t (depending on who you talk to) and was not a drivable concept. It’s made of largely cardboard and plastic (note the paper wheels), but we fell hard for it, anyway. The design concept seems to take away the worst of the Enzo (its long front and rear overhangs) while retaining the stuff we really like (it can hold a V-8 or V-12 in its current specification).

Ferrari insiders have called this the “1000 kilo” car, while the Ferrari media site refers to it in the more Italian translation of “FXX Millechili.” However you call it, 1000 kg translates into a very desirable 2207 lb. Power could be rated as high as 660 horsepower from the Enzo’s V-12. The company’s new goal of achieving efficiency in performance is at the core of this concept’s mission. Making everything lighter and stronger has always been a top priority in racing and it appears that Ferrari is getting serious about applying that to its production cars in ways we’ve never seen before.

This car is much smaller. Its wheelbase is 93.7 inches versus the Enzo’s 104.3 inches. The distance from the top of the windshield to the tip of the nose is much shorter, too (43.3 inches versus the bigger car’s 49.1 inches) giving it a much shorter front overhang. Out back, the rear overhang has been lopped off. Like we said, it’s better in almost every way.

More details on the car will be unveiled over the weekend.

Editor’s note: Don’t expect to see this 1000kg concept showing up as a production car. Ferrari insiders specifically noted that the surface graphics of this car — which mimic the Enzo in nearly every way — are not written into the final plan, if there is one at all. However, the proportions are important. The short overhangs are delicious and give us hope that a 2200-lb, 660 hp Ferrari could be coming our way in the future. We like Ferrari’s “efficiency” strategy here; they don’t define the word by throwing a diesel or a hybrid at the car. They’re doing it the right way, by making the car lighter, smaller, and more focused.

Gallery:
http://news.windingroad.com/wp-galle...g2_itemId=4729

Old 06-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #3
chest3r
Regular User

Ferraris and all the others supercars make 0,000000001% of the world pollution.

They might pollute a lot, but they're just a few cars, and they don't do much km/year, so they're not the problem.

Anyway, I guess this was expected. I just hope they'll keep with the same kind of performance and noise ( specially this last one ).
Old 06-21-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
blue8
Regular User

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/first_o...sid=803&page=1

Old 06-25-2007, 05:53 AM   #5
stmoritzer
Regular User

http://www.sportauto-online.de/aktue...4944_14653.hbs

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:07 AM   #6
admcewen
Regular User

I like the direction Ferrari is headed in.
admcewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:15 PM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

this must be a joke that nobody gets
Old 06-25-2007, 03:41 PM   #8
LEXION
Regular User

WTF? I saw that article several times...and tought its a toy car.

Whats wrong with Ferrari ??? The Dino, F430 stradalle, chalenge stradalle , Light pista, Mille Chille.....where do they want to go with this?

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #9
redbaron
Regular User

1000 kg of cardboard and plastic is the future? Probably recycled cardboard and plastic, to give the car a more green image. This is maybe a good idea for the people who like garage queens

I like the idea of lighter cars. I hope they stick to the 1000 kg limit or even lower and not ending up much higher like most weight saving attempts unfortunately do....
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #10
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Napolis
It's quite real. No more V 12's. TT V8. Variable intake. Acoustic under car airflow regulation. Several reasons IMHO. No one is going to outdo the Veryon so the way to go is smaller/lighter. Note P 4/5 styling cues. Very short rear overhang. Shorter front overhang. Glass roof. Rear sill vent.

Of course it won't look like this but it will retain shorter overhangs which really make Supercars much more drivable on the street. In P 4/5 we accomplished this by curving up the front which kills aero but used wing-lets to fix downforce. That solution doesn't meet new pedestrian impact standards so using audio to cancel out air flow bobbles under the car will allow shorter front overhangs. (Acoustic system same idea as noise cancellation technology)

The Enzo and P 4/5 may be the last of the "V 12 Monsters".
furthermore, he said 800 hp TT v8 + 1000 kg....
Old 06-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #11
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
this must be a joke that nobody gets
its just the concept idea, to illustrate it they used an enzo body made shorter and lighter.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:29 PM   #12
graywolf624
Regular User

It looks like a hotwheels I had when I was 5.