Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 05-16-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Default Autocar 599 drive test

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...iorano/225668/
Old 05-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
blue8
Regular User

Thanks for the link!

Verdict
10 stars out of 10

There are faster cars on sale, more expensive and more glamorous machines, but the 599 is currently the most complete GT ever conceived. It marries glamour and grace with a set of driving credentials only hampered by Ferrari’s decision to combine the chassis electronics into fixed groupings. Otherwise it is blessed with an exceptional engine and a fine cabin from which to control all that power, packaged in a body that is lighter than its predecessor’s.

Unlike the few other machines with similarly explosive performance, the 599 feels entirely amenable to everyday use. Visibility is good, and it even has reversing sensors. But a V12 Ferrari should be defined by the way it drives and, putting aside those damper issues, the GTB Fiorano is a car that renders the SLR redundant and questions the need to reach any further up the supercar ladder. The 575M blunder is now forgotten; long live the superb 599.
I love that they deservedly praised the 599 highly but Autocar's review doesn't seem very extensive. They barely have any performance data!

^I'm sure they had good intentions, but these pics were badly photoshopped.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
RC45
Regular User

Even after all the predictable "rave" reviews (I mean who is going to review a ferrari objectively and honestly pointing out the weaknesses ) I still would rather have a F550 over the 599.

It doesn't have the looks or presence of the 550 (even the 575 subtle changes are quesitonable).

It just seems to "forced".

When will we see another "natural" Ferrari design?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #4
RAMMIUS
Regular User

I mean who is going to review a ferrari objectively and honestly pointing out the weaknesses
Actually the british press does that on a daily basis, because they don`t exactly love Ferrari

The britons, with their Sillicon Valley of F1 teams got their spanked quite a lot from the italian team.
You can`t win on the race track, you still have the objective press :roll:
Old 05-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #5
yg60m
Regular User

[quote="blue8"]
I love that they deservedly praised the 599 highly but Autocar's review doesn't seem very extensive. They barely have any performance data! [quote/]

They never plublish datas on the website but they are/will be on the magazine I didn't receive it yet but I will try to put the figures when I will receive them...
Old 05-22-2007, 06:19 AM   #6
dons5
Regular User

awesome thanks, check out the vid guys